RAW SIENNA 4231 WB Version Knap 17.3.1

The counter is the plug and play.

The contain just played well - so use as and when such as a tough away game. Could also be used as a TW tactic, but easily tweaked to a TW tactic.

• 2 weeks later...

I only remember various roles

Goalkeeper

Central Defenders Defense

Wing Backs Attack

Box to Box Midfielders

Winger Support

Shadow Striker

Advanced Forward

Very simple formation but so many goals from crosses (forward and shadow both)

@knapJust wanted to say thanks.

I have been using your other 4-2-3-1 with Burnley (2nd season in now) and we managed a 7th place finish. This season despite improvements to the squad I'm not really seeing an improvement in performances. I feel like my L/R backs don't seem suited or technical enough for the IWB role, The team also has wingers and central midfielders that are decent so I am planning to give the wingers version a try along with the original raw sienna counter/contain. I'm hoping to get even better results.

So with raw sienna counter/contain like in OP we use no OI's right? For the new wingers tactic though we use OI's. Thanks.

3 hours ago, knap said:

I am not sure, I just remember the tactic and searched for the thread and found this. I think the tweaks were very similar so the TIs should be about the same. for it to work on 17's match engine it would need some tweaking I presume.

Out of interest, a few questions: In the original tactic in the OP Is it preferred to use inside forwards with opposing feet on each side?

IFR = Left footed or either

IFL = Right footed or either

Likewise with the recent iteration with wingers, using the correct feet on each side?

MR = Right footed or either

ML = Left footed or either

Or doesn't it really matter?

If using IWB in your older tactic does it matter also?

IWBL = Right foot or either?

IWBR = Left foot or either?

At least we know the author, but 15 tactics will not transfer. The 16.2 tactic made 92 pts with Lpool.

I do not specifically use any opposite feet.

However, top sides like Lpool do have players with ppm's for cut inside and often for both wings.

I always start from a natural position for players, however, if during a game the result is not forthcoming then I do change players around, although never tried with WBs. Most of this is getting to know squad especially with LL with smaller squads. 

I like the way the IWBs play, especially attacking and coming narrow high up the pitch but I seem to just get caught out on the counter and they lose the ball a lot. Its probably because they are geared more towards defense and crossing vs players in better sides.

The traditional wingbacks seem to be working a lot better for me so far.

Ive found even with the Inisde Forwards they are often in a position on the wings to cross even though they do also add some goals cutting in too so I'm not sure which is better, probably a player more comfortable with both feet rather than only left or right. It may be just because mine have the wrong ppms.

7 minutes ago, The Dog 83 said:

It's amazing isn't it. It's the best tactic I've used in about 10 years. The style is amazing to watch as well 

Do you let your assistant give OI's or I should play with no OI's at all?

19 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

Do you let your assistant give OI's or I should play with no OI's at all?

I'm not on my laptop at the minute mate so can't do screens. But I have a pre set oi's of show wingbacks and wingers on weaker feet, and I tightly mark all strikers. I have a really good team at the minute. Got Tah and Romognali and they are pretty much like a wall, but I think the oi definitely helps, especially instructions on the wingbacks to show on weaker feet because it makes them clear balls right into the centre of midfield where my team intercept them 

2 minutes ago, The Dog 83 said:

I'm not on my laptop at the minute mate so can't do screens. But I have a pre set oi's of show wingbacks and wingers on weaker feet, and I tightly mark all strikers. I have a really good team at the minute. Got Tah and Romognali and they are pretty much like a wall, but I think the oi definitely helps, especially instructions on the wingbacks to show on weaker feet because it makes them clear balls right into the centre of midfield where my team intercept them 

Ok mate, so what you are saying is that you tightly mark strikers because you have good and pacy defenders? 

Can you post a screenshot of your OI's when you get to your laptop?

45 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

Ok mate, so what you are saying is that you tightly mark strikers because you have good and pacy defenders? 

Can you post a screenshot of your OI's when you get to your laptop?

Yeah mate, I've got fast defenders so they can keep hold of the strikers. But the tactic was tested without oi by Knap and it worked well. I'm just using the oi's I've got set because I had them set for another tactic.  

Despite dominating games I can't score many goals. All games I win are 1-0 or 2-0 max. My AML, AMR and AMC all have place shots ppm. Should I tell them to stop placing their shots? Seems like the opposition's goalkeeper is some kind of Superman, he can slow down time. From the six yard box my players shoot straight in him. He doesn't even need to move. 

Nottm Forest v Bournemouth_ Stats Match Stats.png

Nottm Forest v Sunderland_ Stats Match Stats.png

Nottm Forest v West Ham_ Stats Match Stats.png

West Brom v Nottm Forest_ Stats Match Stats.png

With underdogs IWB tactics dominated the long term testing, but in general the WB tactics are preferred. Not sure if there is any mileage in playing IWB tactic away or for difficult games. Also noticing that attacking with very low tempo can be effective at home.

I assumed so - contain is a very effective tactic even at home and the AI tend to use very defensive tactics which can lead to very one sided 0-0.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived