Need access to ALL player attributes on set piece creator screens

b28937

The set piece designer in FM2017 is a big improvement.  However, we need to have access to ALL of a player's attributes there.  In other words, somewhere on the screen there needs to be the little "i" to hover over and see every attribute just like you can in every other screen in FM.

As it is now, on the set piece designer screen you only get what SI considers the "important" attributes for a position.  Those are fine and I don't dispute that they are the most important attributes, but often there are other attributes that I think are important, or that may be secondary considerations when there is little difference between the "important" attributes of a couple players.  For example, in determining how to situate my players when attacking a corner, maybe I want to know the balance or aggression of a player.  Unfortunately, there's no way to find that information unless I completely leave the set piece designer and go back to the tactics or squad screen or some other screen.  And if I want to know the balance and aggression of the four different players I have in the box, I have to leave the set piece creator once again then try to remember them all when I come back.  Inevitably, I forget a couple of them and have to go back and forth again. Additionally, I like to have a player offer a short option but I want him to have good crossing, passing, and technique attributes.  If my usual short option is rotated out of the squad, the only way I can find that information is to either leave the screen or move every player over to the short option so i can check the ratings.  

Why make setting up set pieces such a chore?  If somewhere on the set piece designer screen we had the "i" hover, we could see everything without leaving the screen.  Put it down at the bottom next to where it shows the "important attributes" or wherever, there's plenty of room.

Another example.  Say I'm setting up free kick defense.  I have a row of players man marking and a row of players forming a wall.  Since I rotate my squad, some of the players usually in my wall are better suited for man marking and vice-versa.  But the only way to find out the marking attributes of each player in my wall without leaving the screen is to manually move them one-by-one into the marking row to see the attribute (and to make matters worse, when I move them into the marking row to check the ratings, the game switches them to "go back," so not only do I have to move them but also change them from "go back" to "man mark," then move them back to the wall).  Then if I want find out teamwork attributes of the players lined up in my marking row without leaving the screen, I have to move them one-by-one into the wall to see the attribute.  If I have two similar players and I want to compare their marking line attributes and their wall line attributes, I have to move each of them back and forth together.  This makes no sense at all.  You shouldn't have to leave the screen or move players all over the place just to see their attributes.  Every other screen in FM where a player is listed, you have the "i" hover to see their attributes with a quick glance.  There's no reason it shouldn't be the same on the set piece creator screens.  

• 8 months later...

Archived