I've had a long save going on fmc15. I'm up to 2051 and have slowly been noticing the dropping quality of regens as each season passes by. There is the odd worldie that appears but as I scour through scout reports, I've been finding more and more that hardly any of the higher rated youngsters look good at all via their attributes. Once upon a time you had to choose between who to get, but over the last decade it's become a game of even finding someone worthwhile to bring to the club. I don't know if this is just an issue with my save, or is one with classic mode. This is easily the longest I've gone in any FM save, so I don't know if it's an issue with the lowering quality of regens as time goes by. I'd say from 2040 onwards it's become a problem in the save.

Thanks for the reply. I am at Man Utd so I do have a strong squad. What I forgot to mention in my first post is that it was in respect to the attributes of young players. Earlier in the game, say around 15 seasons in, I would see quite a few regens (say around age 17) and instantly want to sign them due to their attributes, rather than the star rating assigned to them. This was the case for quite a while, but as the save has progressed, I was finding less and less regens with attributes that caught my eye, and eventually had to go off their PA rating alone. Now after 36 seasons, I pretty much just go off the PA star rating they have, as very few regens (and sometimes none) that have attributes that catch the eye. I even show the player's screen to friends who play the full version of FM and they tell me the player (who the scout says had world class potential) looks average at best. 

• 2 weeks later...