reseting hall of fame?

Hey guys, I'm having this issue in fm 17..in the previous games there was a hall of fame file forming in the fm folders which you could delete and reset the hall of fame. but in fm 17 I cant seem to find such a file which makes it imposibble to reset the hall of fame.. does anyone know how we can reset the hall of fame ? thanks in advance.
cheers

5 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The Hall of Fame file should be located in this location: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\ (However I'm not sure if deleting that file will reset the hall of fame in FM17 as I think the data is now also stored within your save game).

thank you for the help. that file was the one I was looking for. It resets the hall of fame if someone wanna take a fresh start and create a new save game. cheers

I was just wondering about this the other day. For me anyway, it's now different for each save and even using the same manager name the achievements from other saves don't show up in another one, finally! This used to irritate me so much in previous FM versions but it seems to have been resolved now. 

• 1 month later...

You can try deleting the contents of this folder as well: C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\ as the game also stores data in that location (though export any custom views you have first) that won't be deleted on a reinstall. I also assume you are using the full mode that Touch Mode as that mode has it's own fold.

Looks like the game recreates the hall of fame file when you load a save game and it seems to store other save game HoF data in each save, though if you have wiped that folder, your save files, your cloud data for FM and the hall of fame file it shouldn't come back.

If it does you might be able to wipe it by opening the hall of fame file with notepad (or similar program) and deleting the line corresponding to the profile you want removed (or delete the contents of the file) and then save the file and save your game to see if that wipes the other data in the file.

Or you can remove the previous saves from your save file, it did the trick for me.

Let's say you previously played with Arsenal, and now start a new save with Real Sociedad (still using your same coach profile),  move the Arsenal save OUT of the save document (and create a new document somewhere else to store it). I figured the hall of fame seems "attached" to the saves in your save file, and is always recreated even after you deleted it. It was the case in FM16 too.

If you do that, start FM with your Real Sociedad save and you'll see the hall of fame (with your achievements as Arsenal manager) has been reset :brock:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived