Sports Interactive Community
Scaramanga

AI transfer market behaviour

Their financial status forces them to generate some cash by selling? Not enough to move their first team regulars, but offers for fringe players are welcomed?

Edit: or it could be done on request of the player, I guess.

Edited by eriktous

I don't particularly think its odd behaviour.

While a player is still at the club he has a use to some degree.  That said I think given its the AI its probably the player's request to be listed.

When its by request there will be ''Req'' in front of a player and when listed by the club it  states ''Lst'' if im correct.

What happens when the AI keeps there squad status up is that players are less likely to move or are asking for more wages.

Especially when players are in there last contract year, barely featured  the year before or aren't even registered for the league i find it rather odd the AI teams don't put more effort in to move these players.

does seem a little odd... surely to transfer list someone, not by request, is that they are surplus to requirement.

you could argue it's a ploy to only attract offers from higher rep teams (players the player will be interested in whilst retaining a higher squad rep) who are more likely to pay asking price and full wage? But surely the AI aren't built to have that gamey-cunningness.

just got a player who is good to be starting CB but lacks character to play consistently whole season. first two years he was starter (then i realized who he really is :D ). last season he started quarter of matches and this season the same. he complained and i transfer listed him. he still has backup status as that is how i see him. so if ai does something similar then it should be fine as it is not the club that want to get rid of him. 

Edited by MBarbaric

I know when I transfer list a player, I always try and ensure that he isn't listed as 'not needed'.  The way I see it is that he'll probably be needed to some degree, so I usually give the player 'back up' or 'rotation' status.  The only time I use the 'not needed' status is if I want a player off the wage bill and I think to myself that if he can see that he doesn't figure in my squad he will be more likely to move on.

it's ridiculous the amount of top players that are bought by AI teams and placed on the transfer list either in the next window or the next season, for next to nothing

Edited by OhHoopedOne