Sports Interactive Community
JoeFozzo

Facepacks, logos, kits etc not appearing in game

I have placed logos, kits, facepack and real name fix files in 'Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2017 > Graphics'. I have also reloaded the skin in-game and cleared the cache and ticked 'Reload skin when confirming changes in preferences' and unticked 'Use caching to decrease page loading times. I have also tried removing the files and putting them back there but nothing seems to be working!

Hopefully it's something simple that I have just forgotten to do but I've looked everywhere online and cant find a solution. Any help would be much appreciated as it's getting quite annoying

Check your anti-virus, it could block the graphics, some have a "game mode" you could activate.

a) Logos, kits and facepacks should be placed in that folder, yes, but that is not the correct path where the other file should be placed.

b) Make sure you have used Winrar to extract the files you have downloaded. Can you post a screenshot of each respective location? This may help us identify where/what is installed wrongly.

c) When you look at graphics which you know you have downloaded, do you see a blank space or the default graphics? (e.g. instead of Rooney's face, do you see the black default face or is there an empty space?) 

9 hours ago, KUBI said:

Check your anti-virus, it could block the graphics, some have a "game mode" you could activate.

Thanks @KUBI, I've had a look but can't find any game mode on my antivirus. I use McAfee, don't know if you have any idea if it could be this or any other suggestions?

8 hours ago, Mons said:

a) Logos, kits and facepacks should be placed in that folder, yes, but that is not the correct path where the other file should be placed.

b) Make sure you have used Winrar to extract the files you have downloaded. Can you post a screenshot of each respective location? This may help us identify where/what is installed wrongly.

c) When you look at graphics which you know you have downloaded, do you see a blank space or the default graphics? (e.g. instead of Rooney's face, do you see the black default face or is there an empty space?) 

I have uploaded a couple of screenshots, one that shows the graphics and one that's the database changes (downloaded from FMScout). I did use WinRAR to extract the files.

When I go to start a new game it still has all the default fake badges for all the teams and the German teams still have the wrong names.

2017-03-13.png

2017-03-13 (1).png

You have a blue icon on the folders on the first screenshot, so you might need to check that Windows isn't setting your Documents folder to use Onedrive as I think that causes some problems with the game reading graphics (or you can move your FM17 User Data Location - instructions are in the stickied threads).

22 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You have a blue icon on the folders on the first screenshot, so you might need to check that Windows isn't setting your Documents folder to use Onedrive as I think that causes some problems with the game reading graphics (or you can move your FM17 User Data Location - instructions are in the stickied threads).

I was wondering what that meant. I've finally managed to move it to the PC and stop it syncing to OneDrive but I'm still having the same issues. And also the database changes aren't working but they're definitely not being synced with OneDrive :(

@JoeFozzo About the database issue:

1 - You have to repeat all the 'delete - steps' as written in the 'Real name fix' for all database folders. 

(1700 / 1701 / 1710 / 1712 / 1730)

2 - Place the new files (as written in the Real name fix) in the 1730 folder and start a new career game.

Only then the fix will take effect in game.

@JoeFozzo About the graphics problem:

Perhaps one drive does still affect your graphics folder.

You are using the correct folders in the right place.

That can't be the issue.

Check ingame settings again...... Hope it helps.

fad8e907b61618183c0c4242a0559a51_fancybo

Check if there is a config file included to your graphical addition folders (logos / kits / facepack).

These won't work without a correct config file.

It's a basic principle wich most peope know, but often forget :)

Edited by necjeff

Hi guys,

I have basically just decided to reinstall the game and all of the graphics and database changes and I've tried to install the logos and it has worked this time, so it must have just been something I did wrong the first time. I'm going to try the other ones and hopefully won't have any issues.

Thanks for all your help!

Any idea how to insert the logos and the kits for the Football Manager 2017 via steam ??? I Purchased the game via steam with editor as well but I can't find how to upload and add all the logos and kits :/ pls help.

7 hours ago, RistoMilchevski86 said:

Any idea how to insert the logos and the kits for the Football Manager 2017 via steam ??? I Purchased the game via steam with editor as well but I can't find how to upload and add all the logos and kits :/ pls help.

Read this post, should give you all the info you need.