[FM17] UEFA Revival 3.3 (Now Featuring the AFC Competitions) *Fixes Inside* 15/07/2017

XSfd3N1.png

Hi all!

This is a file that I've been plugging away at, on and off, dating back to Football Manager 2013. It originally started out as a throwback to the 1999-2003 format of the UEFA Champions League which contained 2 group stages, and has since progressed into a full structure where I've managed to find room to bring back the UEFA Intertoto Cup. Additionally there are now 6 separate files so you can choose whether you'd like to use the UEFA Europa League or revert back to the UEFA Cup, along with the Cup Winners' Cup. Plenty of choice for all.

Additionally, the AFC Champions League has been added as an extra option, and uses the same 2 group stage format as the UEFA Champions League in this file. The AFC Cup is not a part of this file, however that may change in the future though if people would like to see it added.

0f6U3Yh.pngpc2qv6j.pngmURGXZ4.png

3zmSLx9.png2tn5WIx.pngCKjY9vb.png

U0n8ly2.pngBUGxU8T.png

**UPDATES**

15/07/2017

- Corrected a name error in the fates regarding the Second Qualifying Round for the AFC Cup

14/07/2017

- AFC Cup now added using the UEFA Cup format
- AFC Super Cup now added
- Added graphics for both competitions

03/07/2017

- Fixed all remaining fixture clashes in the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup matches now take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup First Round now begins in September, with the following rounds taking place every 2 months
-  Thanks to krlenjushka, Squad Registration dates are now working and are now in place for the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League/UEFA Cup & UEFA Cup Winners' Cup competitions
- Draw dates added for any missing rounds where required in all competitions
- Corrected an error in the rules page in the UEFA Champions League

18/04/2017

- Corrected an error in the UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round rules, which states that the winners qualify for the UEFA Cup/Europa League
- Added stage names for the UEFA Intertoto Cup Second Round, and UEFA Europa League First/Second Group Phases
- Adjusted the competition scheduling date for the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, which now allows for the First Round draw to take place
- Adjusted the dates for the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup First Round, in order to avoid a clash with internationals during the 2nd leg

05/04/2017

- Removed the round name "Replay" from the UEFA Super Cup

29/03/2017

- All competition awards are now working for Champions League/Europa League/UEFA Cup/Cup Winners' Cup/Intertoto Cup
- UEFA Europa League Third Qualifying Round renamed to Qualification Playoff Round
- 16 losing teams in the Third Qualifying Round of the UEFA Champions League now drop into the UEFA Cup First Round/Europa League Qualification Playoff Round
- Nation rankings slightly tweaked (Scotland are now ranked in 19th, meaning they have 2 Champions League places instead of 1. Sweden remain 20th, with Belarus now 21st)
- Competition colours updated for all files
- UEFA Cup now has 5 teams in the group stage instead of 4, with each team playing 4 games, and 3 qualifying
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup fixture dates are now spread out more evenly, with the 2nd round played in November, and the Semi-Final in March. Games are now 2-3 months apart

27/03/2017

- Fixed a reported crash relating to a lingering squad selection date in all files
- Increased the prize payouts of the Champions League, Europa League, UEFA Cup, Cup Winners' Cup & Intertoto Cup
- Tweaked any potential problems with the away goals rule in all competitions

22/03/2017

- Europa League (1 Group Stage) no longer crashes at August 9th
- Europa League & UEFA Cup now have 2 legs for 2nd and 3rd Qualifying Rounds in all files
- UEFA Cup & Cup Winners' Cup file now updates history correctly
- UEFA Super Cup competition colours updated
- Squad registration rules removed until further notice

17/03/2017

- The 1 group phase version of the Europa League now contains 12 groups of 4 instead of 8, with the top 2 teams of each group being joined in the First Knockout Round by 8 Champions League 3rd placed teams from the First Group Phase

13/03/2017

- Added the seedings panel to the competition overview for the Champions League, Europa League, and UEFA Cup
- Alternate files are now available, so you can choose whether you want a 1/2 group phase Europa League, or the UEFA Cup. Additionally, these can be played with or without the Cup Winners' Cup

UEFA / AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FORMAT

- 3 qualifying rounds, each containing 32 teams

- 16 teams enter at the Third Qualifying Round, those being 2 teams from nations 1-6, and 1 team from nations 7-10

- The 16 losing teams in the Third Qualifying Round will drop into the First Round of the UEFA Cup, or the Qualification Playoff Round of the Europa League

- 16 league winners and runners up enter at the First Group Phase, along with the 16 winners of the Third Qualifying Round

- The First Group Phase contains 32 teams

- Depending on the file, 8 third-placed teams will drop out of the First Group Phase and into the Round of 32 (UEFA Cup), First Knockout Round or Second Group Phase (Europa League)

- 16 teams progress to the Second Group Phase

- Knockout Rounds begin at the Quarter Finals, with 2 legs in the Quarters and Semi Finals

- Matches now divided equally between Tuesday and Wednesday

- Competition awards include Goal of the Tournament, Player of the Tournament, Golden Boot & Dream Team

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE FORMAT (2 GROUP STAGES)

- 3 qualifying rounds, with the first 2 containing 24 teams, and the Qualification Playoff Round containing 64 teams

- The Second Qualifying Round adds the most recent winner of the UEFA Intertoto Cup

- Highest seeds enter at the Qualification Playoff Round, with 32 winners progressing to the First Group Phase

- 16 of these teams will be the losing teams from the Third Qualifying Round of the UEFA Champions League

- The First Group Phase contains 32 teams

- 8 teams progress to the Second Group Phase, where they will be joined by 8 third-placed teams from the First Group Phase of the UEFA Champions League

- Knockout Rounds begin at the Quarter Finals, with 2 legs in the Quarters and Semi Finals

- All matches take place on Thursdays at the same time

- Competition awards include Goal of the Tournament, Player of the Tournament, Golden Boot & Dream Team

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE FORMAT (1 GROUP STAGE)

- 3 qualifying rounds, with the first 2 containing 24 teams, and the Qualification Playoff Round containing 96 teams

- The Second Qualifying Round adds the most recent winner of the UEFA Intertoto Cup

- Highest seeds enter at the Qualification Playoff Round, with 48 winners progressing to the Group Stage

- 16 of these teams will be the losing teams from the Third Qualifying Round of the UEFA Champions League

- The Group Stage contains 48 teams, which are thrown into 12 groups of 4

- 24 teams progress to the First Knockout Round, where they will be joined by 8 third-placed teams from the First Group Phase of the UEFA Champions League

- 32 teams will then compete in 2-legged ties for the First Knockout Round, followed by the Second Knockout Round for the final 16, Quarter Final, Semi- Final, and the Final

UEFA / AFC CUP FORMAT

- 2 qualifying rounds, with both containing 24 teams

- Highest seeds enter at the First Round, which contains 80 teams. 40 winners progress to the Group Stage

- The Group Stage contains 40 teams, which are thrown into 8 groups of 5 with 1 round of games played

- 24 teams progress to the Round of 32, where they will be joined by the 8 third-placed teams from the First Group Phase of the Champions League

- The winning teams will then progress to the Round of 16, and following that, the Quarter Finals through to the Final

- Competition awards include Goal of the Tournament, Player of the Tournament, Top Goalscorer & Dream Team

UEFA INTERTOTO CUP FORMAT

- Competition begins in mid-June

- 64 teams will start out in the First Round, which contains 2 legs

- 32 winning teams will progress to a Group Stage, which has 1 round of matches

- From there it is a straight knockout (1 match per round, Extra Time & Penalties if needed) from the Quarter Finals through to the Final

- The UEFA Intertoto Cup (singular) winner will then qualify for the Second Qualifying Round of the UEFA Cup / Europa League

- Matches take place on Thursdays and Sundays

- Competition awards include Goal of the Tournament, Player of the Tournament, Top Goalscorer & Dream Team

UEFA CUP WINNERS' CUP FORMAT

- There are 5 rounds in the tournament (no qualifiers). Therefore 32 teams from the top 32 nations begin in the First Round and are drawn against each other at random

- The tournament is a straight two-legged knockout for each round all the way until the final

- If the cup winner for that Nation is in the Champions League or Europa League, then the runner-up will replace them. Failing that, the spot will then go to the next highest placed team in the league

- Matches take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays

- Just like I have set it in every other competition, the winner is not automatically entered to defend their crown for the following year

UEFA / AFC SUPER CUP

- This remains unchanged

**NOTES**

- Only use 1 of these files when starting the game. I've made 6 different files available for download in order to give you an option on which format/competitions you'd like to use in the game. 3 have the Cup Winners' Cup and 3 don't. You also have a choice of the UEFA Cup or Europa League, as well as 1 group phase or 2 group phases in the Europa League. Sorry if that caused confusion for anyone. The AFC Champions League file can be used with the UEFA file you choose.

- If you are taking control of a team in the first season that is competing in the UEFA Intertoto Cup, you will have to add the top league in Romania as a playable nation, as it allows you to start the game at June 10th

- Something I forgot to mention previously is that the nation rankings are slightly customized, so the top 4 nations will now get 4 teams for the Champions League instead of 3

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Simply drop the editor files into Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2017 > Editor Data and you're ready to go.

CREDITS

I'd like to give thanks to those who have helped me out when it came to getting this file off the ground, such as KingRobbo, Freddie Sands, krlenjushka and KUBI, as well as anyone else who was kind enough to chip in along the way. Your help is much appreciated, and I couldn't have gotten this project completed without all of you.

Additionally I'd like to give a big thank you, with all credits going to the original creators for the following items which have been provided with this download:

Background Images = UEFA/AFC, and all other original creators
UEFA & AFC Metallic Competition Logos = kremmen, and all other contributors from Sortitoutsi
UEFA & AFC Trophies = DAZS8, and anyone else that may have contributed

----------------------------------------

Download the metallic logos megapack by kremmen, and all other contributors from Sortitoutsi here:
https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/3/metallic-logos

Download the trophies megapack by DAZS8 here:
http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm17-trophies-megapack.html

Hope you all enjoy this without any major hiccups, and any feedback is appreciated.

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dnk4ln7ty0o852a/UEFA+Revival+3.3.rar

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the feedback, gents.

@Luke Cro How would I check if it's enabled? I couldn't see anything specific in the editor. You did remind me though that I needed to add the display box for the seedings to the top 2 competitions, so I'll post an update for that later.

Also I've been ultra tempted to add the Cup Winners' Cup, but initially decided against it for a couple of reasons, the main one being a concern of fixture congestion. The other reason was because of the Champions League and Europa/UEFA Cup being in there it felt kind of needless. I will give it a try and see how it turns out though.

1 hour ago, oche balboa said:

If you got rid of the group stage of the UEFA Cup i will use this format...... otherwise its a fantastic effort 

I don't currently have any plans to abolish the group stage, as it's central to a number of conditions. However with the Cup Winners' Cup now added along side the UEFA Cup/Europa League, each competition now feels unique, and there is at least one straight knockout tournament in the file(s).

Thanks for the reply mate.

15 minutes ago, dave7867 said:

what files do you download?

Only use 1 file when you run the game as they contain different formats and competitions. The 6 files are just options for you to go with what you'd prefer to run.

1 minute ago, oche balboa said:

Has this been tested to prevent a club playing in 2 competitions 

I tested up until something like 2029 and didn't see any issues. With the Cup Winners' Cup it should grab the runner-up if the cup winner is in the Champions/Europa League.

Have you experienced any problems with it?

3 minutes ago, fatpapas said:

I'm creating a fm 2017 youtube page and I would love to use your custom db here in at least one save, if it's ok. If not, I'll just use it privatly.

You're more than welcome to use it dude. No problem.

9 hours ago, oche balboa said:

Has this been tested to prevent a club playing in 2 competitions 

this was an issue I encountered in my own variation of this back in FM15/16

the issue might have been addressed  now

thanks for the work I know whats involved:D

about to download one question have you added FFP and any fixure rules and if so have you seen any issues with selecting squads, one that pops up occassionaly is 2 request to submit squads

1 minute ago, kingrobbo said:

this was an issue I encountered in my own variation of this back in FM15/16

the issue might have been addressed  now

thanks for the work I know whats involved:D

about to download one question have you added FFP and any fixure rules and if so have you seen any issues with selecting squads, one that pops up occassionaly is 2 request to submit squads

Credit where it's due bud :cool:

No FFP added as it's more of a throwback. For the fixture rules it's basically one size fits all. I've added one set of rules and applied to all comps, whereas the squad selections apply to the Champions League and UEFA Cup/Europa League I believe. I haven't been able to test the actual squad registration yet as I simmed the game and I've been having problems with the UI lately, totally unrelated. If any problems pop up just let me know and I'll be sure to get them sorted.

for you to be aware the ones that seem to pop up are the duplicate requests for squads usually not in the first season tho

and or AI managers not picking their best XI 

that one is a game breaker as it becomes pointless when teams like Barca dont play messi neymar etc etc

hopefully that doesnt raise its head for you

also using equals in squad selection rules seems to be bugy (dont know why use less/more than works fine)

I tried simulating a few files for a few seasons. I used the English, Spanish, French, Belgian, German, and Italian first divisions.

The first file (EL with one group stage) kept crashing for me on August 9th, 2017. The 6th file (EL w/ one group stage and CWC) works fine, but the 2nd and 3rd qualifying round of the EL do not have a second leg while the 1st qualifying round does (pic related). I don't know if it's intended but I may as well mention it. The 4th file (UEFA Cup and CWC) had the CWC not writing its history properly: the recent winners weren't displayed (pic related).

1490055458344.png

1490051959499.png

8 minutes ago, BMNJohn said:

I tried simulating a few files for a few seasons. I used the English, Spanish, French, Belgian, German, and Italian first divisions.

The first file (EL with one group stage) kept crashing for me on August 9th, 2017. The 6th file (EL w/ one group stage and CWC) works fine, but the 2nd and 3rd qualifying round of the EL do not have a second leg while the 1st qualifying round does (pic related). I don't know if it's intended but I may as well mention it. The 4th file (UEFA Cup and CWC) had the CWC not writing its history properly: the recent winners weren't displayed (pic related).

1490055458344.png

1490051959499.png

Thanks for the heads up on these. I'll take a look at them later today.

Just an update, I've got most if not all of these issues fixed. I'm running more tests on each file and I'm gonna run a test on the squad registration while I'm at it, so 2.2 update should be available some time tomorrow at the very latest.

@kingrobbo I tried testing the squad registration rules last night, but I couldn't even register anybody because the competitions wouldn't appear in the drop down box. Only the league was available.

I created unique rules for each competition so I could apply which comp they were for, but no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

Just now, kingrobbo said:

try them first

I have given up on it haven't tested in 17.3.1 so you never know

Ran through multiple tests and couldn't get registration to show up in the squad page. On top of that, I couldn't get the rules working properly. The deadlines were listed as 2029 and 2030 for some reason. Decided to chuck the rules and get the update ready instead lol. I'll dive back into it in the near future though and see if I can get it running.

Just a heads up for anyone using this or planning to, I'll be releasing another update hopefully by tomorrow.

I've now figured out how to get losing Champions League playoff teams to drop into the UEFA Cup/Europa League qualifying rounds.

1 hour ago, Jorgen said:

@Carlito85 It does, however, change the team positions in the divisions, and with that, who qualified for which European Cup, so if you might have set fixed teams for the first season or something like that, could that be a problem?

The reason it calls up who it does is down to a combination of the (slightly) customized nation rankings, and the amount of teams grabbed from each nation for the competitions. For example the top 4 nations have 4 Champions League spots, then you have 4 or 5 nations that get 3, then the same for 2.

If for example you wanted to emulate this season's structure, it would require you to alter the order of the nation rankings, and then alter the entire structure of how many teams are grabbed for each competition via seeding.

2 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

So, if I understand you correctly, pr0's changes would have no effect in future seasons, and for the first season, it takes the normal CL en EL teams?

Basically for the first season it would take whoever qualified last season, yes. For example the Champions League would be Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs and Man City, whereas Europa League would be Man Utd and Southampton. West Ham are in the Intertoto, and Crystal Palace are in the Cup Winners' Cup (FA Cup runners up).

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since the last update but just posting to give a heads up to those using this that if you can, avoid using Northern Ireland as a playable nation. Not doing so will cause the 2 required Northern Irish teams to not be called to the Intertoto Cup, instead being replaced by the 2 teams that finish top of the league in Spain (no idea why). I'm guessing this is due to some cup date clash or something that activates when the nation is playable, so I'll see what I can do to fix it in the meantime.

Does anyone have any other feedback to provide with this project?

I have always had trouble playing with these type of files with Northern Ireland. Here is a link to some comments I have made on a file someone else did. The problem lies somewhere in the European playoff matches and it's scheduling. With the other file it was stopping the next season's leagues being played. Forgive me, Carlito85, I have not tried your file, but find it interesting that you are also having trouble with Northern Ireland. I wish you luck in gettingto the bottom of it, and maybe you could post here if you get the league to work correctly and the teams to correctly into the European competitions.

On 15/05/2017 at 13:26, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I have always had trouble playing with these type of files with Northern Ireland. Here is a link to some comments I have made on a file someone else did. The problem lies somewhere in the European playoff matches and it's scheduling. With the other file it was stopping the next season's leagues being played. Forgive me, Carlito85, I have not tried your file, but find it interesting that you are also having trouble with Northern Ireland. I wish you luck in gettingto the bottom of it, and maybe you could post here if you get the league to work correctly and the teams to correctly into the European competitions.

Big thanks for the heads up. At least I know where to begin trying to pinpoint the problem now. I think the best solution may be to download a Northern Ireland structure remake and simply tweak the playoff dates. Having said that I bet I'll struggle to find a league to download and run lol. I'll keep you posted anyhow dude.

EDIT: Just checked the league at the end of the first season and it's basically only called one team up to the Euro Playoff Semi Final (Ballymena Utd), so they were never played, hence the NIR teams missing from European competition. The problem seems to be a bug where 1 out of 4 teams are called up. Also, while 3rd - 7th are stated to qualify for the Euro Playoffs (5 teams?), the top 2 didn't get anything. I think that's an error that should be 3rd - 6th.

2 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Big thanks for the heads up. At least I know where to begin trying to pinpoint the problem now. I think the best solution may be to download a Northern Ireland structure remake and simply tweak the playoff dates. Having said that I bet I'll struggle to find a league to download and run lol. I'll keep you posted anyhow dude.

EDIT: Just checked the league at the end of the first season and it's basically only called one team up to the Euro Playoff Semi Final (Ballymena Utd), so they were never played, hence the NIR teams missing from European competition. The problem seems to be a bug where 1 out of 4 teams are called up. Also, while 3rd - 7th are stated to qualify for the Euro Playoffs (5 teams?), the top 2 didn't get anything. I think that's an error that should be 3rd - 6th.

It is supposed to be 3rd to 7th if the winners of the domestic cup have already qualified for Europe. That is when the 7th place team get involved in a quarter final match. This does not happen every year as when the winners of the Irish FA Cup are not in the top 6 then 7th place gets ignored for the European playoff. (I think that's right :))

From memory I saw similar problems with the Dutch league with these old style Euro files, where the wrong teams were being entered into the Euro competitions. I'm sure I mentioned it in the link I posted of an old thread. Did you come across any problems with the Dutch league? Again, I deduced it was the European playoff causing the prevention of the next season's domestic league fixtures being produced.

2 minutes ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

It is supposed to be 3rd to 7th if the winners of the domestic cup have already qualified for Europe. That is when the 7th place team get involved in a quarter final match. This does not happen every year as when the winners of the Irish FA Cup are not in the top 6 then 7th place gets ignored for the European playoff. (I think that's right :))

From memory I saw similar problems with the Dutch league with these old style Euro files, where the wrong teams were being entered into the Euro competitions. I'm sure I mentioned it in the link I posted of an old thread. Did you come across any problems with the Dutch league? Again, I deduced it was the European playoff causing the prevention of the next season's domestic league fixtures being produced.

Never experienced any trouble with the Dutch league that I'm aware of, only Northern Ireland. I'm gonna run a final test though just to make sure now that you've mentioned it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived