Jump to content

Is it normal to have a fixture on Saturday then Monday?


Recommended Posts

Just been promoted to the Vanamara National League and had a few games, however noticing that games are played Monday and then Saturday, surely that's not right?

I have attached a screenshot. However if this is genuinly how that league works, I feel sorry for them players. Twice a week, nearly every week and if you're semi professional - very hard to recover.

Ryan Brown_  Calendar.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Black and Yellow said:

Yep - every bank holiday in the National League tends to have games on a Saturday and Monday. In real life, occasionally teams will move one to the Friday (Good Friday for example) but not all do.

That's ridiculous, I've played four games so far and already struggling with players fitness. But don't want to change my system, because it works (for the moment).

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RyanBrown said:

That's ridiculous, I've played four games so far and already struggling with players fitness. But don't want to change my system, because it works (for the moment).

You shouldn't be struggling with fitness.

The weeks you have two games you will need to rotate so most players play say two of the three games or perhaps cut down on training and rest them between the second & third game so they can recover.

The weeks where you don't have a midweek game the players will fully recover.

You've played four matches so between the KIdderminster & Chelmsford matches there is enough time for the players to fully recover and you then plan your line ups for the Chelmsford/Salford/Telford matches before you again get a full week to recover.

If they aren't recovering in 5/6 days then training is too high.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

You shouldn't be struggling with fitness.

The weeks you have two games you will need to rotate so most players play say two of the three games or perhaps cut down on training and rest them between the second & third game so they can recover.

The weeks where you don't have a midweek game the players will fully recover.

You've played four matches so between the KIdderminster & Chelmsford matches there is enough time for the players to fully recover and you then plan your line ups for the Chelmsford/Salford/Telford matches before you again get a full week to recover.

If they aren't recovering in 5/6 days then training is too high.

Thanks for the reply, as always with my team I like to use a core team and only rotate if ratings are low or change of formation. So me changing my line up every game, is a lot harder than I anticipated - like all managers you have your favourite players, so having to drop them for their fitness level is annoying, however just a bit of adapting and getting used too. 

I have the training on medium when there's one game for the week and low if there is two, it seems to be working so far this season, although only played six games. It's a bit of a difference, I was managing in the Swedish third tier last season where there is a game once a week, at most and sometimes once every two weeks. So from that to this is a bit more challenging, and a shock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Black and Yellow said:

I find that giving days off does work quite well too - if I've just had two games in 3 or 4 days I'll try ensure they have 2 out of the 5 days rest (Game, rest, training, game, rest).

Yeah, I give them a day off after the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RyanBrown said:

Just been promoted to the Vanamara National League and had a few games, however noticing that games are played Monday and then Saturday, surely that's not right?

I have attached a screenshot. However if this is genuinly how that league works, I feel sorry for them players. Twice a week, nearly every week and if you're semi professional - very hard to recover.

Ryan Brown_  Calendar.png

Actually ı dont know this league rules but because of congested fixture my unbeaten serie was over in italy serie. I raised an issue in various competition topic but no solution so far

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RyanBrown said:

Just been promoted to the Vanamara National League and had a few games, however noticing that games are played Monday and then Saturday, surely that's not right?

I have attached a screenshot. However if this is genuinly how that league works, I feel sorry for them players. Twice a week, nearly every week and if you're semi professional - very hard to recover.

Ryan Brown_  Calendar.png

Hey @RyanBrown,

As mentioned above, teams usually play on Bank Holiday Mondays throughout the season, it's a mainstay of the calendar.

It's also normal for some teams in non-league to have their set midweek fixture day as a Monday (instead of the usual Tuesday) as well. Some teams also schedule fixtures for Wednesday evenings but this occurrence is rare.

Hope this answers everything for you and you're enjoying the game :)

Jake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jake Laskowski said:

Hey @RyanBrown,

As mentioned above, teams usually play on Bank Holiday Mondays throughout the season, it's a mainstay of the calendar.

It's also normal for some teams in non-league to have their set midweek fixture day as a Monday (instead of the usual Tuesday) as well. Some teams also schedule fixtures for Wednesday evenings but this occurrence is rare.

Hope this answers everything for you and you're enjoying the game :)

Jake.

Thanks Jake, was just curious. Appreciate the response, I probably should have done more research myself on the situation but nevertheless.

Loving the game, and this save in particular.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ilkork said:

From a quick search in transfermarkt (i don't even know the teams):
sat_mon.png

http://www.transfermarkt.com/dag-amp-red-fc/spielplan/verein/3696/saison_id/2016

Most fixtures are Saturday-Tuesday though.

Thanks for reply, yeah I've figured it out now. It is a pain, however that's football and I won't be the only team participating in these matches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RyanBrown said:

Thanks for reply, yeah I've figured it out now. It is a pain, however that's football and I won't be the only team participating in these matches.

You are welcome.
I actually envy people like you who have the courage to play at that level in FM and keep the attitude "however that's football".

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ilkork said:

You are welcome.
I actually envy people like you who have the courage to play at that level in FM and keep the attitude "however that's football".

Funny you should say that. I started unemployed and got my first job at Welling, I then moved on to Clyde (Scotitsh League 2), then to a Swedish third tier team and finally where I am at currently (Boston United). I have never enjoyed managing the big clubs, I always like to venture with the lower league clubs or my family club in Scotland - St Mirren. I think I did one Everton save and that failed massively so never really seen it as an enjoyment, however if a job arises for me at a higher level, I would take it as this journeyman I am currently doing is very enjoyable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...