Bantam Searley95

Transfer bug

11 posts in this topic

Okay so I've just started a game as Man Utd, I offered to sign Maurice I Cardiff from Internet,  they rejected saying they wanted something ridiculous in the region of £69m. Of course I withdraw my offer. Then a day later Tottenham sign him for his £25m value straight away. Is this a bug?

I have just this second had a similar problem. 

I tried to sign Florian Thauvin from Newcastle. His transfer value is £4.8m. I offered the maximum I had in my transfer budget which was £3.5m. My bid was rejected - fair enough.

A day later, Auxerre offer £850k. Newcastle accept their offer. I return with a bid of £2.5m and my bid is then accepted.

I think the transfer system in this game is broken. 

Posted (edited)

I'm also notcing the AI is making bids for players that are way below the players transfer value. For example, a player is worth £4.8m and a rival club offers only £775k. Another time, a player worth £6.3m has a bid made of £1.7m. It's very unrealistic.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean

Played around 8 or so seasons now and worked my way up from Cardiff Met,  Solihull Moors, Hartlepool, West Ham and finally Arsenal and I've seen a couple of weird things regarding transfers.

For instance I managed to sign John Terry for National League North/South/whatever after his release from Chelsea. Didn't want too much money....seemed like a one off until I notice Wayne Rooney playing for Farnborough Town the same season (who ultimately got relegated with Rooney being injured most of the season). John Terry retired after the one season whilst I'm not sure what happened to Rooney despite him turning me down after Farnborough's relegation. 

Initially I thought this a bit weird but to be fair they'd both depleted a ridiculous amount (this was about 3 seasons in I think?) and whilst they did have a bit of extra class, particularly mentally, they didn't exactly tear the league apart.

I noticed this sort of thing quite a bit whilst progressing. Both Karim Benzema and Pierre Emerick Aubameyang were both at League One Bury at one point but again, they were old, knackered and weren't really that much better than anyone else in the League. Not really a complaint but more an amusing observation.

With regards strange transfer fees, one of my regen/newgen (not sure on distinction) keepers who came through Hartlepool youth when I was there got sold off in my absence for £110K to a team in the league below and despite his £4m+ valuation. Not sure if he was unhappy or Hartlepool were just bankrupt but either way, he went for peanuts. Perhaps not a bad thing as I bought him back for Arsenal a couple of years later and he's now rated as the most promising local player in the scouting agency though at 19 it could go either way.

There was also an instance where I had a player from Leeds on loan and, whilst he was with me, Watford agreed a deal to sign him (personal terms and all) but weirdly, the transfer never went through. He stayed on loan with me for the duration and to this day, noone has signed him and he's still at Leeds. Not 100% sure what happened as he wasn't injured and I'm sure he agreed terms as I was pretty pissed at losing such a key player but hey...just thought I'd mention it as it could be a bug.

I think the transfer system needs a lot of work. I haven't play FMM since 2015 and I don't remember it being this odd.

Pierre Emerick Aubameyang at Bury!?! If that ever happens in my career, I think I will quit it there and then.

Hey, it happened. Granted he was at the end of his career and knackered but still...was odd to see. He managed to knock in a fair few goals though.

Been playing the game fm mobile 2017 since release and I have put up with issues, but i can't take it anymore i am currently manager at Portsmouth i have taken them from league 2 winners league 1 winners and now in the championship. Here is my current issue I can't sign anyone at a team already they all snub me even though i search for interested players. Everytime their team accepts the offer i get to offer the contract it says the player doesn't think i can meat their demands even though i offer more money higest possible sign on fees etc they all refuse i understand i am not a top team but in league 2 i was able yo sign better player's with no problem. I could go on with other isses but that will do another time.

1 hour ago, Green Arrow said:

Been playing the game fm mobile 2017 since release and I have put up with issues, but i can't take it anymore i am currently manager at Portsmouth i have taken them from league 2 winners league 1 winners and now in the championship. Here is my current issue I can't sign anyone at a team already they all snub me even though i search for interested players. Everytime their team accepts the offer i get to offer the contract it says the player doesn't think i can meat their demands even though i offer more money higest possible sign on fees etc they all refuse i understand i am not a top team but in league 2 i was able yo sign better player's with no problem. I could go on with other isses but that will do another time.

Out of interest, which type of players are you trying to sign? Are they from the same league or a league above?

Transfer issues seem to be even "stranger" this year than before.

Not long ago as a Sky Bet 1 team, I bid for an older Premier league Defender. I bid their "enquired" amount of $1.3 and offered the player his recommended wages of $10k per week. He replied that he didn't want to go to a smaller club, as some do.  A week or so later (FMM time), I find that the club has sold him to a Vanarama North League team - 3 divisions below mine and much smaller in stadium size - for 500k and a wage of only $3k per week.

Recently as a new Premier League side, I bid for a Sky Bet 1 winger valued at $60k. The "enquired" amount of the club was $190k which I tendered. Immediately a better bid of $200k was placed just prior to mine by a Sky Bet club. Naturally I lost the bid. So I returned to that date via a save, and bid numerous times and increased  amounts, but no matter what amount I bid, that same club would always bid higher just before mine.

To say transfer issues are deliberate would be unfair, but a reasonable explanation would be interesting.

Just to chime in, I can live with the fact that other clubs bid higher than my initial offer, but what really puts me off is that I cannot then make a higher bid?!

Me: 100k
Club X: 130k

I would bid whatever to have the player, but the game won't let me - the player just signs a deal with Club X? Come on.. 

It really bothers me that this hasn't been fixed. Transfers are such an integral part of the game so the fact that these types of bugs can go unnoticed or unresolved is really poor.