Brexit

Thanks.

This social feed is a pretty poor addition as it removes some pretty important news from your inbox. For instance, I've just discovered that my club has a new chairman, finding it out in a pre match press conference!

To jump on this thread instead of starting a new one... Is there a way of seeing which Brexit scenario has happened without this inbox message. Whether I missed mine or what I don't know, but I'm not currently managing in UK so curious as to what's going on, and the rules page offers no help. Thanks.

Just now, Mikal said:

To jump on this thread instead of starting a new one... Is there a way of seeing which Brexit scenario has happened without this inbox message. Whether I missed mine or what I don't know, but I'm not currently managing in UK so curious as to what's going on, and the rules page offers no help. Thanks.

what year are you in, and what leagues have you got running? 

7 hours ago, rinso said:

what year are you in, and what leagues have you got running? 

Thanks. I've just finished 2019/20 season (1 July 2020 in game date). Have your usual leagues loaded: England, Scotland, France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands (where I am at the moment), Portugal and possibly some South American leagues. 

I've just had a bid for my Spanish left back from a Championship club in England and he's failed a work permit - unless this is completely normal and I've totally lost the plot. I've also just sold a Spanish midfielder to Chelsea for £40m which didn't look like they went through any work permit requirements (not even a Spanish international). 

If you go to the World -> Nations -> Agreements screen you can see if England are still listed as part of the EU (Or you can get the same information from the England -> Overview screen), if they aren't then they will have gone through Brexit, however I don't think there is any way of seeing what kind of Brexit they had apart from looking at the rules page of the Premier League (or Championship as they might have taken different rules on Brexit - in my game the Football League uses squad registration whilst non-league uses Work Permits)  which will tell you what the current rules are.

44 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If you go to the World -> Nations -> Agreements screen you can see if England are still listed as part of the EU (Or you can get the same information from the England -> Overview screen), if they aren't then they will have gone through Brexit, however I don't think there is any way of seeing what kind of Brexit they had apart from looking at the rules page of the Premier League (or Championship as they might have taken different rules on Brexit - in my game the Football League uses squad registration whilst non-league uses Work Permits)  which will tell you what the current rules are.

Thank you, very helpful actually. Looks like they've left the EU, and all foreign players now require a WP (all down the leagues), which I guess is a 'hard Brexit'. I can see why my Spanish midfielder would have passed the work permit criteria (even though it never said he needed one, or an appeal) and why my Spanish left back was miles off meeting them. Essentially teams in the Championship and below are in trouble! ... I think it'll make a very interesting part of my save. Cheers again, good to get some clarification.

NB. Scotland's WP appeal criteria is interesting - "Players with good potential", be interesting to see how that's judged.

On 11/03/2017 at 15:52, Mikal said:

NB. Scotland's WP appeal criteria is interesting - "Players with good potential", be interesting to see how that's judged.

Looks like Scotland are still using the old Work Permit rules, that basically means a young player (under 21?) with good PA will get a work permit on appeal, in the English Premier League it used to mean that a player with a PA greater than ~150 would always get a WP on appeal which made it fairly easy to find the young non-EU players with potential as if they had potential they would get a Work Permit, if they didn't they wouldn't.  (though I think in more recent versions the game was a bit more fluid over what would get you a work permit so it couldn't be as easily exploited).

On 3/11/2017 at 15:59, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Thank you for the answer ! Yes,I'm a new member here.But I see that other people here were also satisfied with my question-and your answer. I was at first thinking that it will be again the same thing like before...because England is not anymore a EU member and all players will have to apply for a work permit,which is very very bad for the whole football ,if you 're looking it more objectively. I am from Croatia ..an before EU it was a big deal to buy a good croatian player (Modric),because u could before have only 3 fgn players in the first squad. But today Modric has the equal status as a french,german or some other EU player...and now if you're following me it might be the same problem/limitation with the new Brexit rule. I hope u understood what I wrote !      JUVE !

Yes, good spelling and grammar sir. Just goes to show that us Europeans are a big family away from the political and media nonsense. 

Another explanation of Brexit is...David Cameron was desperate to win the 2015 election but the far-right UKIP were threatening to steal voters so he promised a Referendum on EU membership if he won. He won, just about and then followed through with his promise before there was any time to get plans in place if the UK voted to leave. Then a few Tory MPs who wanted to stab their boss in the back and become Prime Minister themselves  joined the Leave camp and told a lot of lies to get people to vote for the UK to leave the EU. The Remain camp assumed it would never happen. About 24% ended up voting to Leave which is apparently "the will of the people" and so that's where we are.

Meanwhile Parliament debate that "will of the people" completely ignoring the fact that both sides mislead the public and soon even UK teams will have to apply for work permits for non-UK players and fans heading to Europe to watch their teams will have no freedom of movement around the continent. 

The funniest outcome is of course that the millions of British living in the sunshine in Spain and France will be repatriated back to the UK if Hard Brexit is the outcome and as migration from non-EU states is actually higher than EU ones, we'll be bursting at the seems once again, but this time with sunburnt ex-ex-pats. 

No-one thought it through really. 

20 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

[a bunch of stuff]

There's a thread in off-topic for this kind of thing. Brexit as it applies to FM has been debated to death (and since the feature was announced about six months ago). I'm pretty sure there hasn't been an original observation since then.

5 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

Then a few Tory MPs who wanted to stab their boss in the back and become Prime Minister themselves  joined the Leave camp and told a lot of lies to get people to vote for the UK to leave the EU. The Remain camp assumed it would never happen. About 24% ended up voting to Leave which is apparently "the will of the people" and so that's where we are.

Two things here...

What are these lies? The big thing during all the campaigning was that nobody really knew what would happen if the UK voted to leave so both sides 'lied' saying this would happen and that would happen.

And those 24% you mentioned that voted to leave was still more than voted to remain. And I'd be interested in where you got that figure from.

On 09/03/2017 at 09:30, dking said:

Will Brexit info appear in my inbox or social feed?

11 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Two things here...

What are these lies? The big thing during all the campaigning was that nobody really knew what would happen if the UK voted to leave so both sides 'lied' saying this would happen and that would happen.

And those 24% you mentioned that voted to leave was still more than voted to remain. And I'd be interested in where you got that figure from.

Yup, you're right, completely on topic. My bad

• HUNT3R locked this topic

Archived