RAW SIENNA 4231 Knap 17.3

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have not been able to replicate my success on other campaigns. I enjoy the quality of play but this tactic seems to have major issues with the striker & general finishing of clear chances, irregardless of relative player quality in my experience. I regularly have games where I have 30-40+ shots (15+ on goal) and fail to score, even more of an issue away. 

The IWBs are good going forward, but if they lose position or get caught on a counter attack all it takes it one of the CBs getting drawn out wide and the opponent seems to score 9/10 times. Some of these frustrations may just be general FM17 issues but I don't remember a tactic so simultaneously pleasing & frustrating. 

This is one reason why the 3 CB system works so well in this ME, it adds cover to the wide positions.

The AI just put a 11 man block up which is the frustrating part. 

I appreciate feedbacks like yours @CarlosDanger. If its negative, its much better to write something in the lines of what you did; rather than just writing "OMG WAS SO BAD" etc. 

To answer your question; I would recommend trying out Knaps 3412, that one is immense. I overachieved so hardcore as Watford by winning the treble (EPL, FA-cup and League Cup) during my first season. No significant transfers, only backup players on loan. 

Back on topic:
I decided to give this formation a try as Roma, because I really want to utilize Totti before he hangs up his boots, and guess what? The 4231-AF is really good. I gave it a bad review when I was trying it out as a weak team, but as a middle/top team - this tactic is doing superb. 

Totti with his awful physical stats but great mental and technical stats has already racked up 16 goals by march as an offensive midfielder. Feelsgoodman.jpg

6 hours ago, knap said:

Wide tactics do not work that well with this ME. I would therefor start with a 3 at back IWB tactic using your best players for formation.

A lot of yellow cards. In every match more 3-4. tactic full fluid

On 5/1/2017 at 19:17, knap said:

So far my results with Athletic using this version. 5 official matches played, 5 won (including Real Madrid).

The team is performing really creating a lot of shots but not scoring all of them. I leave the stats, standings and the formation.

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 3.25.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-18 at 3.32.28 PM.png

Results & Standings

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 3.41.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-18 at 3.43.01 PM.png

The squad stats & the formation. De Marcos is injured but he's the starting DR. Kepa & Gorka will play 50/50 of the games.

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 3.58.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-18 at 4.02.50 PM.png

Complete team stats.

18 hours ago, Ricotero_uy said:

So far my results with Athletic using this version. 5 official matches played, 5 won (including Real Madrid).

The team is performing really creating a lot of shots but not scoring all of them. I leave the stats, standings and the formation.

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 3.25.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-18 at 3.32.28 PM.png

Results & Standings

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 3.41.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-18 at 3.43.01 PM.png

The squad stats & the formation. De Marcos is injured but he's the starting DR. Kepa & Gorka will play 50/50 of the games.

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 3.58.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-18 at 4.02.50 PM.png

Complete team stats.

Exact same problem for me, the amount of chances this tactic creates only for the players to miss absolute sitters is unreal. 

15 minutes ago, Dicko1878 said:

Exact same problem for me, the amount of chances this tactic creates only for the players to miss absolute sitters is unreal. 

I think it's part of the "game". Is not 100% real, may be with top players the % of scored chances rise.

4 minutes ago, Ricotero_uy said:

I think it's part of the "game". Is not 100% real, may be with top players the % of scored chances rise.

Yeah but how annoyed would you be if you shelled out for someone like Icardi, only for him to miss the same chances haha! I've currently got Guidetti, 15 finishing, 13 composure and 17 technique and he can only finish when it's an open goal so frustrating haha

3 minutes ago, Dicko1878 said:

Yeah but how annoyed would you be if you shelled out for someone like Icardi, only for him to miss the same chances haha! I've currently got Guidetti, 15 finishing, 13 composure and 17 technique and he can only finish when it's an open goal so frustrating haha

Nevertheless I'm happy with the results. 

I do not consider the am and DM ratings a reliable guide, and prefer to go on results. Quicker is always better and for better ratings a st player helps.

9 hours ago, knap said:

I do not consider the am and DM ratings a reliable guide, and prefer to go on results. Quicker is always better and for better ratings a st player helps.

I put Kuki there instead of D.Suarez and straight away he played a lot better, even my striker Eggestein improved. Thanks Knap!

7 hours ago, Woolyblue said:

Which version would be best to use with Everton? 17.3? Thanks 

The WB version knap tested with Spurs, although I've had a large turnover of players, currently in the third season having sold pretty much everyone (Lukaku for 87m, Barkley for 44m etc)

5 hours ago, Dicko1878 said:

I put Kuki there instead of D.Suarez and straight away he played a lot better, even my striker Eggestein improved. Thanks Knap!

The WB version knap tested with Spurs, although I've had a large turnover of players, currently in the third season having sold pretty much everyone (Lukaku for 87m, Barkley for 44m etc)

Thank you my friend any chance you could post a link? Thank you 

• 4 weeks later...

Been using this tactic for my Liverpool team. Great tactic. Changed the striker to poacher and Origi just scored his 58th goal for me this season.

Just smashed Barca 6-0 in CL final, Origi got 5!

Love it.

@knap

Thanks for all your hard work to make this tactic and for answering questions.

I noticed that the OIs always close down the forwards.  And the team instructions close down a lot more.  But the personal instructions for the CDs are to close down less frequently.  Can you talk about why you chose that?  Did you find that the CDs were closing down too frequently and being beaten?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have got this tactic as base and tweaked into 4-3-2amc-1

Started with Dover Atheltic and got two consecutive promotions and third one is maybe to happen, doing so well in League 1 at the moment.

GD38Iot.png

GD38Y3v.png

League 1 currently in 1st unbeaten after 14 games

Just wow!

Archived