[Suggestion] Advanced game setup via map view

Powermonger

I've like to see the new game setup changed, so that it presents a map view of a continent and then we can click on a nation to enable that country to add it's leagues.

Example:

V4_europa.jpg

Like now, it can have a default selection that depends on what country we wish to start in, with recommended other countries/leagues however I think it should also highlight but not enable other suggested nations to add which can add as feeder nations/leagues to the nation you will manage in. The suggested nations to add can be based on statistics for the most common foreign players nationalities for the chosen nation.

This can also dynamically change as you enable more league tiers for the nations you are adding, thus suggested nations to add change depending on what league level you wish to load. All this will be reflected on the map and help visualise nation/league loading more.

Right-clicking on a nation would allow you to quickly select what level leagues to load, with also a global option to load all leagues for selected nations, or top 1 or two leagues. The intensity of the colour indicated a selected nation to load will change depending on the number of leagues selected.

I realise SI worry about licensing issues for mapping data but there are royalty free mapping data out there for commercial use that could be used to generate the map for use.

• 1 year later...

Archived