Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bananas

Some player names fail to sync when loading another user's .SAV file

Recommended Posts

I have an issue with player names not being displayed properly when loading up a .sav file from another user. Most names show up as they should, but some have an alias, so to speak, with an obviously mimicked name. Dylan Strome shows up as "Dylan Strong", Roman Polak as "Roman Polansky", etc (see attached image). The players affected are seemingly not connected, as there are NHL players, AHL players, Junior players, both North American and European players whose names are switched. These fake names show up in box scores and on the transaction page and a couple of other places, and the names aren't clickable, i.e. aren't connected to the player ID the way I interpret it. At the same time, those players show up fine with their real names and clickable on the roster page, the tactics page, the depth chart and pretty much everywhere else. But if I adjust my lines and send the .lns file to the other user to load up, the lineup has holes in it where these players with the fake names are supposed to be.

It's all very strange and I figured it could be database related, but I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game and loaded the .sav in a completely vanilla game and the issue is still there, and with the exact same fake names as well, so it can't be a random thing.

Has anyone had this and has solved it, or have any idea what's going on? 

ratings_DUBatSMI_5Dec16.thumb.JPG.76db38c548c1c09486df2066bc1e2a57.JPG

Edited by Bananas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll bump this in case someone in the know missed it over the last year...

The issue still appears with the new updated TBL database this season. Could it have something to to with the .sav file originating from a user based in the US while I'm in Europe?

This is really doing my head in and i'd be super grateful if someone has any input. :seagull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For EHM05, EHM07 and the new EHM all multiplayer I've ever heard of/played in involved the same game being directly accessed by the players (there was never any sending of files); one person has the game up and running on their computer and all other players can log into that game/their team via the IP address (alas I've never been a host/involved in hosting so I don't know the details of how things work).

I have sent/received saved games overseas (I'm in NA) many times without issues.

I suspect the problem is the game wasn't ever set up for exchanging lines files to work in the way you're trying to get it to

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 3/1/2018 at 13:13, Nino-33 said:

For EHM05, EHM07 and the new EHM all multiplayer I've ever heard of/played in involved the same game being directly accessed by the players (there was never any sending of files); one person has the game up and running on their computer and all other players can log into that game/their team via the IP address (alas I've never been a host/involved in hosting so I don't know the details of how things work).

I have sent/received saved games overseas (I'm in NA) many times without issues.

I suspect the problem is the game wasn't ever set up for exchanging lines files to work in the way you're trying to get it to

 

Ok, I think I see what you mean.

As far as I know, the NA based GM:s (i.e. everyone else in the game) has no issue like this so it has to be a region thing. We have a league running in close to real-time with a rather complicated set-up of off-season drafts that's been running for quite a few years now and a message board where all transactions are handled so the procedure is tried and tested. I even think they used another SIM tool than EHM at some point (but carried over organizational rosters), so it's not really a network/multiplayer game in that sense. It's a game with 30 GMs that is run by one individual that shares the .SAV on dropbox between games and everyone submits whatever transactions or tactics/line-up changes they want to make. We start over with a new game every season as soon as the new database is finished and keep the same rosters year-to year.

Anywhoo, thanks for answering. Frustrating that there isn't an easy solution. I was hoping there'd be something akin to the "fake names" thing in FM that just required the removal or editing of a tiny little file to get things fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m an old guy/not tech savvy, but I do know there are differences between NA and Europe in characters and how they're read (I edit EHM a lot and I know the issue comes up sometimes with spreadsheets/editors); this issue has been solved in the editing community by the volunteers that create the editors

Given the above, I would think a tech savvy person might be able to solve your problem (alas I’m not that guy, sorry) EDIT - I might be wrong, but it seems this might be your issue/might be fixable IMO

There’s an online community at TBL (ehmtheblueline.com - IMO the best source for all things EHM) & there’s EHMreddit.....you might get more and better information/advice/support there

Edited by Nino-33
spelling/grammar + clarified/refined reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...