High number of own goals?

I'm eleven games into my QPR career and six own goals have been scored (mainly at corners).

That seems a high number to me (I could understand it if Jamie Carragher was playing in every game 😂).

Is this just a quirk or has anyone else noticed a high ratio of OGs scored in their games?

• SI Staff

I haven't seen that at all and I've played quite a few seasons - nor have I heard it reported ..

It is possible that some factors might exaggerate this sort of thing though, do you perhaps have center halves who dislike each other or are you playing a sweeper keeper who is low on confidence and often leaving the defense under pressure from poor passes or a defender with awful passing and poor decision making or similar?

On 3/8/2017 at 15:22, Marc Vaughan said:

I haven't seen that at all and I've played quite a few seasons - nor have I heard it reported ..

It is possible that some factors might exaggerate this sort of thing though, do you perhaps have center halves who dislike each other or are you playing a sweeper keeper who is low on confidence and often leaving the defense under pressure from poor passes or a defender with awful passing and poor decision making or similar?

How would I know if the two CBs disliked each other?

As far as I am aware, I had none of the factors listed in your post. I have just completed my first season and the rate of OGs did seem to drop. They still occurred but not at the rate of 1 every 2 games. I shall keep an eye on it in my second season.

1 hour ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

How would I know if the two CBs disliked each other?

As far as I am aware, I had none of the factors listed in your post. I have just completed my first season and the rate of OGs did seem to drop. They still occurred but not at the rate of 1 every 2 games. I shall keep an eye on it in my second season.

In their profiles if you swipe across it would display they don't. By chance do you have 2 BPDs or LDs? May be that they are trying to play out the back or making clearances rash.

36 minutes ago, Declan Barry said:

In their profiles if you swipe across it would display they don't. By chance do you have 2 BPDs or LDs? May be that they are trying to play out the back or making clearances rash.

Thanks for this.

I just have the two regular Central Defenders. Both seem ok with one another (as in there is nothing to suggest otherwise).

7 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Thanks for this.

I just have the two regular Central Defenders. Both seem ok with one another (as in there is nothing to suggest otherwise).

Very strange then, there could be lots of factors such as low composure - in scout report or just unlucky but it does seem unlikely.

Archived