Sports Interactive Community
SunDevil

5 years later SFraser Reminder

Just wanted to make these posts more visible again.  I don't know how relevant they are to FM17 but SFraser's posts were about Football and how to apply that to FM; his posts always opened new ways to play and think about football and FM.  He passed away over 5 years ago before FM12 was released but if you scroll down his memorial thread you will find a list of threads that he created that get me excited about trying something new in FM.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/219413-the-sfraser-memorial-thread-links-to-all-the-discussions-and-guides/

Over the years, Steven showed his immense passion for football and for the Football Manager series, with many detailed posts and guides.

Some threads offered detailed analysis on particular aspects of tactical and squad management, whilst others seemed come across as him "thinking aloud", thus initiating some great discussions and sharing of ideas. He also helped to delve into the training module, often attempting to explain the inner workings of this little understood aspect of the game.

It is only fitting then, that prior to the launch of Football Manager 2012, we present a compendium of all the threads, discussions and guides he started in the Tactics & Training Forum.

Obviously over the years Steven started many threads and discussions, often covering specific aspects of the game from many different angles. I shall attempt to list these threads in a chronological order of game releases, (release during which the threads were started), with the most recent first.

It's my hope that these threads will provide both interesting and informative reading, whilst also encouraging others to continue sharing their efforts, their thoughts and ideas about the game, as Steven was always so willing to do.

Edited by SunDevil

Awesome reading, i remember reading it back in the days, may he rest in peace still

Learnt a lot from his threads back when I'd just lurk. He pretty much had the game down to a science and a lot of the success I had on FM10 was owed to the knowledge he shared.

Looking over some of those threads reminds me of what a complicated and unintuitive mess the ME used to be in comparison to where we are with it now.

Didn't even know fm forums existed back then :)  

Something to read to numb out the noise of the wife's tv shows

He was an outstanding writer. Really helped drive a lot of the work on this part of the forums.

How to prepare for the next season is my all time favourite thread.

Fantastic reading. I'm working my way through the links in his memorial thread. Some great insights and a some great overall advise to look at the game in footballing terms rather than the 'min-maxing' of a computer game.

I really do think it could be worth stickying that thread somewhere, they are the only "guides" of that type I have read on here, the others are usually more focused on tactics, with the exception of @herne79 complete club strategy.

3 hours ago, Craigus89 said:

Fantastic reading. I'm working my way through the links in his memorial thread. Some great insights and a some great overall advise to look at the game in footballing terms rather than the 'min-maxing' of a computer game.

I really do think it could be worth stickying that thread somewhere, they are the only "guides" of that type I have read on here, the others are usually more focused on tactics, with the exception of @herne79 complete club strategy.

Already stickied here :thup:.