Sports Interactive Community
noikeee

[FM17] A Journeyman Story: Knocking José Mourinho Off His Perch

noikeee   
1 hour ago, andychar said:

I love the idea that Mourinho was watching the Uruguay second division thinking "Damn he's catching up already!".

Great idea and I look forward to seeing just how close you can get. 

I'm sure that's all he does in his free time. Watch on satellite TV random Portuguese managers all over the world and jinx them with the most elaborate voodoo dolls he can build.

noikeee   
9 hours ago, deltablue said:

Well done on promotion. 

Danke.

So much for our reputation as a dull side that throws dull matches:

uJHPoXX.jpg

This is more like it, what I was envisioning when I first drew up the tactic - proper entertaining attacking football. Too bad we actually lost this one...

noikeee   
Posted (edited)
pVuyUDb.png

February-March 2018

Transfers

wcYdPRc.jpg

We brought in another guy whilst Gabriel Gotta went on loan.

OkejKBT.jpg

Our 4th foreign player which poses squad management juggling problems as only 3 can play at the same time according to the rules, but he's quite a good squad player.

Competitions

K2BoJAv.jpg

This started pretty damn well. An away draw, a win over the most famous team in Uruguay (Peñarol) with 2 quick fire goals midway through the 2nd half, and a massive hammering over Cerro Largo, our rivals last season. Unfortunately we then had two defeats, including that mental 3-5 match, but I felt we were pretty damn unlucky in both. We returned to form with a spectacular 3-0 win away at Fénix, Cassiano on fire with a hat-trick, and finished off March with an alright draw at home to Cerro.

7ZkKQqO.jpg

I'm pretty happy with this start and feel it's pretty much as good as we could've hoped for, as a newly promoted side. This also goes well with my prediction that we'd punch above our weight for a while at the beginning, however it remains to be seen how will the 2nd part of my prediction go - that teams will wisen up to the fact we're dangerous, and we'll struggle more as the season unfolds.
Edited by noikeee

noikeee   
Posted (edited)
pVuyUDb.png

April-May 2018

Competitions

EWLfOe5.jpg

April started with quite possibly our worst performance and result yet, a defeat to Villa Española, but that wasn't an indication of how the rest of Apertura would go. Tacuarembó and Sud América were our victims in quite comfortable victories; we then lost somewhat surprisingly at home to Wanderers, but went to Liverpool (note: not in Anfield) to win 3-1 in a rather excellent result. Cassiano found the lone goal in a difficult match vs Plaza Colonia's extraordinarily large bus, and then we finished off Apertura with a bang, handing the title to Peñarol by holding off their massive rivals Nacional to a draw (although we were 2-0 up in this match and let it go), and then beating Boston River 3-0, Marcelo Fernández scoring twice after a long injury layoff, to clinch 4th in the Apertura table.

Z3n5JbI.jpg

I am absolutely delighted with our Apertura performance, and am now starting to wonder whether this might be a season of continental qualification (!). If I read Wikipedia correctly, the top 3 in the overall table qualify for the Libertadores and the next 4 for the Sudamericana, so if we keep up at this level, we're well in the mix. The next two months we will play in the bizarre new competition of the "Intermedio", where we were drawn in Group B, I just want a good amount of points to add up to the overall table.

With this prospect of continental football, and the lack of interesting jobs around at the moment, or any interested clubs in myself, it's now looking likely that I might stay for a little longer here in Central Español. But don't rule out a move if circumstances change later in the season...
Edited by noikeee

noikeee   

Dmewcj9.jpg

This isn't a very encouraging rumour - in other circumstances I'd be interested in the Racing job, but they went down to the Segunda Division last year. So I'm getting linked with jobs a division below us...

noikeee   

wCNN0XH.jpg

Just a couple days later I got asked about the River Plate (Uruguay version) job. This sounds a hell of a lot more interesting - they basically finished just below us in the Apertura table, and have much better resources than us. Too bad I didn't even have time to apply or anything because immediately they appointed someone else.

noikeee   
11 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Cracking read so far.  :thup:

Thanks. I'm sure it always reads off better when I'm really enjoying a save, which I am now! South/Latin America always seems to work for me.

noikeee   

So turns out River hadn't actually hired a manager and just offered me an interview.

I'm pretty damn torn here if they offer me the job. I'm having a fantastic time in the Intermedio and the points we've been getting, puts us in some real contention for a Libertadores spot. River are about some 9 points back in the overall table. However, they do have some absolutely quality players of a slightly higher level than ours, and just are a bigger club.

I'm leaning towards staying because of the points advantage we have, I think we've got a much better chance of making it to the Libertadores this season, also I've hired one or two players for next season already. But it's not an easy choice.

noikeee   

gLh5qmr.jpg

I've decided to say no. For the reasons listed above. It was quite tempting but I don't want to let go of a possible Libertadores qualification, and also something rather interesting going on right now in the Intermedio, which will be revealed in the next update. And I've got 3 spectacularly promising players all already signed up for next season.

The most tempting thing about River was that they've got a much better youth setup than us.

noikeee   
pVuyUDb.png

Youth intake 2018

hq57NOg.jpg

3ZsnYpq.jpg

hVluxJu.jpg

ZrPji06.jpg

nh7jUE5.jpg

I'm not expecting much of the youth here in Central Español however Bava looks like he could be quite special. I also quite like the personalities this time which is a little surprising. I did hire a fairly professional Head of Youth Development so I guess it helped.

noikeee   
pVuyUDb.png

June-July 2018

Competitions

TqrEgss.jpg

June and July are spent in Uruguay playing the Intermedio, a secondary competition that splits the 16 teams in the top league in 2 groups of 8, which play in a single round-robin, and the winners of each group get to play a final. Think of it as Uruguay's League Cup, except it adds up points for the season's overall table, which decides continental qualification and relegation among other things.

We started great with a win over Boston River, and even better, a win over Nacional who are one of the league's big 2 together with Peñarol. This put us in an early lead in our group, however we did then lose vs Cerro Largo which was a bit surprising, and despite beating Wanderers we only just scrapped a late equaliser to get a point away at Fenix. Somehow, we were still top as nobody in our group was particularly consistent. Another win over Tacuarembó and we went into the final day still in the lead. But the last match was away to Cerro who were 2nd.

A win over Cerro and we were through to the final, a loss and we were out, a draw and we'd have to wait for Boston River's result later in the day. We conceded a silly penalty and were down 0-1, but then Cerro saw a red card and we threw everyone into attack. In the final 10 minutes it finally worked as we put 2 goals beyond them, Charamoni in the 82nd and Cassiano with the winner in the 89th. We made it to the final to face Peñarol!

The final was turning out to be a spectacularly ****** match of football when out of nowhere in the 2nd half, we got a penalty kick and Marcelo Fernández converted it. We were holding on, but on the 87th their forward Junior Arias got a sudden break and equalised it. We went nervously into extra-time, and Santiago Stoppiello committed a stupid penalty kick which Tomás Costa converted for Peñarol. We blew it but to be fair Peñarol were better and are far bigger than us.

JGs3D1d.jpg

pboJvc6.jpg

I cannot be anything but satisfied with my players' performance in the Intermedio - it might be annoying to be ahead in the final up until the 87th minute and then lose it, but we had no business being in the final in the first place. More importantly, we picked up a lot of points throughout the group and are now 2nd in the overall table - with the top 3 places getting Libertadores qualification (I think), it's looking really, really good for us if we don't have a poor Clausura run for the rest of the season.

ManUtd1   
On 3/10/2017 at 05:00, noikeee said:

I'm sure that's all he does in his free time. Watch on satellite TV random Portuguese managers all over the world and jinx them with the most elaborate voodoo dolls he can build.

jose-mourinho-giving-directions.gif

argento   

great progress so far.  Been linked to any other jobs?  Reckon you will be in Uruguay much longer?

noikeee   
2 hours ago, argento said:

great progress so far.  Been linked to any other jobs?  Reckon you will be in Uruguay much longer?

I'm now constantly linked to whatever jobs open up in the Uruguay league, recently I was linked to Fénix and to Sud América.

The plan was to move by now, most likely to some other nation, but with my team doing so well and the possibility of continental football, the most likely scenario is that I'll do 1 more season here and test my squad in the Libertadores or Sudamericana.

noikeee   

MQRe4Kp.jpg

My first job offer from outside Uruguay. Rather interesting actually, I would take it only if not for the possibility of continental football if I stay, which I won't get if I move to the Brazilian Serie B.

noikeee   
pVuyUDb.png

August-September-mid October 2018

Erm, I forgot to post the update at the end of September. Mid of October will do.

Transfers

I decided not to renew Franco Pizzichillo's loan, whilst Gabriel Gotta's loan ran out and he returned to us.

Competitions

DeDlx7I.jpg

We opened Clausura with a win over Juventud de las Piedras, but then we lost to Peñarol (hardly a surprise) and to Cerro Largo (a bit more concerning). Cue a dozen of players throwing a tantrum that we're underachieving in the league! Wait, what? I filled a bug report. Who would lose their **** and request a meeting with their manager after 3 matches? In the same season where we've otherwise been wildly overachieving and still well on course to qualify for the Libertadores, as well.

With poor morale we could only get a goalless home draw with River, and then there was an away match vs Defensor Sporting - hardly the easiest fixture to bounce back, but that was exactly what we did with a superb exhibition, 4-1 win, Cassiano hat-trick. This was the turning point as we climbed a lot of matches in the table then beat Fénix. There was an extra setback with a poor 2-0 loss to Cerro, but Cassiano decided to terrorize Villa Española with another hat-trick, which was useful as Villa Española were surprisingly high up the table and we caught them with this.

BvQqHoB.jpg

S3cYKoA.jpg

Seems like we've already overcome what was a bit of a wobbly start to Clausura - most importantly we seem to be comfortably holding on to a top 3 spot on the overall table. The Libertadores was revamped recently and the top 4 Uruguay sides qualify, but it seems FM still has the old rules in which only the top 3 do. Still, only a pretty terrible implosion in the rest of the season would make us drop 3rd place and qualification. And if we can beat Nacional to 2nd we would likely get straight into the groups, which would be a huge help.

Keano16   

Let's hope you don't blow it! (Like PSG)

noikeee   
29 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

Let's hope you don't blow it! (Like PSG)

No way. ;) 

noikeee   
pVuyUDb.png

late October-November-December 2018

Competitions

CiuhwQs.jpg

Woah, goals. We scored and conceded in every single of the remaining matches. We started off drawing at Tacuarembó before beating both Sud America and Wanderers, then being upset by Liverpool at home. A spectacular late comeback saw us just about clinch a win away at Plaza Colonia and this just about set up an epic match vs Nacional in the penultimate league fixture of the season. We were 4 points behind them in the Clausura but just 2 points behind them in the Overall Table, so a win and we'd leap ahead there, and into a direct qualifying spot for the Libertadores groups!

We showed up in magnificent form and took a 3 goal lead which eventually gave us the win! There was still a final match to play against, vs Boston River, but in anti-climatic fashion Nacional played first and lost, so we already knew we had 2nd in the Overall Table clinched (therefore the Libertadores groups). Still, if we beat Boston we'd leap ahead of them to 2nd in the Clausura table too, but we had quite possibly the worst match of the season and were hammered 4-1.

SwjQfpS.jpg

e5KB2cm.jpg

VOhjiib.jpg

I can live with the final day hammering and losing 2nd in Clausura - because the main goal was achieved, making this one hell of a season. At the beginning I wasn't quite sure what to aim at, but certainly couldn't expect 2nd place overall and going straight into the Libertadores groups. I think I can be pretty bloody happy with that.

noikeee   
Posted (edited)
pVuyUDb.png

Season review 2018

Another season where we performed beyond our wildest dreams, saw us finish 2nd overall, qualify for the Libertadores groups, top our Intermedio group and be 3 minutes away from the title in that competition. We're already starting to mix up with the biggest names of Uruguayan football and perhaps could even mount an outsider title bid next year.

Down to -281K€ balance despite being all year long a million miles away from spending my wage budget. How is this possible?

Statistics, best 11, and top 5 players of the season

0GViI0N.jpg

5. Gonzalo Salgueiro (GK) - Quality season from my new goalie with 7.08 ratings.

4. Renzo Pérez (AMC, MC) - Juan Muñoz was supposed to be my new AMC but disappointed and instead Renzo stole the place, with some increasingly impressive performances later in the season. 7 goals and 6 assists.

3. Santiago González (ST) - Weirdly at some stage he seemed to assist more than score, despite playing as the most advanced of the front 2. Finished off on 13 goals and 9 assists. Rotated a bit with Santiago Charamoni who had a freak run of goalscoring, but ultimately the pacier Santiago was better.

2. Leandro Rolheiser (MC, DM) - Superb signing. The Argentinian midfielder first arrived as a squad alternative to Diego Cordero and Agustín Miranda, but quickly emerged as a far better option than either of them. Mostly a holding player as CM/S, he seemed able to attack well too.

1. Cassiano (ST) - Holy crap, Cassiano utterly transformed himself this season after two relatively unremarkable years in the 2nd division. In the top tier, he absolutely exploded in training, performances and goals - 24 of them, finishing as the Uruguayan league top scorer. And top average rating in the league, too. His loan finishes in 6 months, I can only hope I can renew a little further.

Mourinho watch

This was much better from Mourinho - he recovered to 2nd in the league with Man Utd, made the FA Cup final (lost to Chelsea), made the Europa League semi-finals, and the League Cup semi-finals. The good news for me? He won nothing (but neither did I). The Hall of Fame hasn't moved from last year.

Career progress table

Season   League                  Cups                              Continental                    Other
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Central Español (Uruguay)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016     Segunda Div. - 4th       
2017     Segunda Div. - 1st                                                                       Champions, promoted
2018     Camp. Uruguayo - 2nd (Ap. 4th, Int. finalists, Cl. 3rd)                                  Qualified for Libertadores
Edited by noikeee

noikeee   

Notice there's a problem with player stats here in Uruguay, which I've reported as a bug, the Intermedio stats are being counted towards the league and then again towards a separate entry below the league stats - then both are added for the total. So the totals are all borked as Intermedio matches/goals/assists are being counted twice.

noikeee   

VGOuNWd.jpg

My first job offer from Europe! And it's nothing else than my local club, one I've supported all my life (although I consider myself a Porto fan foremost). It's not the right time though, even if they're sadly dead last in the league and need someone to desperately save them.

I have however been recently linked to something hugely interesting, that wouldn't even need me to go look for a new apartment...

noikeee   

I just got an offer from Sampdoria too. :idiot: I'm not taking anything that seems wildly unrealistic. That does.

noikeee   

Our lads pick up some yearly awards.

lFSEKsT.jpg

rgQq9Me.jpg

noikeee   

It's official. I'm leaving. Sorry, Central Español fans.

Here's my final gift for you guys. The 5 free transfer signings I had lined up for next season. Will be nice to face them with Central Español shirts on.

Fabricio Formiliano (DC, DM)

Lucas Morales (DLC)

Jonathan Ríos (DM, MC)

Leandro Sosa (M/AMRLC)

Gabriel Fernández (ST)

Formiliano in particular looks fantastic. I lost my mind for him and paid him a wage over 3 times larger than anyone else in the squad. That will be a problem of the new manager, I think it'll be a very nice problem though!

noikeee   
15 minutes ago, argento said:

Did you at least get your Libertadores games in?

No. But don't worry about me and my future prospects in the Libertadores. ;)

noikeee   
zc6Ys91.png

Montevideo, Uruguay - 25th of December, 2018

It's Christmas! Santa brought me a new club! In the same city! To be fair, right about every club of Uruguay is from Montevideo.

1chw4rt.jpg

I am the new manager of Club Nacional de Football, one of the two big behemoths of Uruguayan football (together with Peñarol), and the club I just beat to 2nd place and the Libertadores group stage in the season that just finished.

E6Tv58x.jpg

This is a massive club, as you can see it has won 3 Libertadores, 3 Intercontinental cups, 35 Uruguayan titles. The pressure is on. I will be managing some better players than I had in Central Español, however the real decisive factor for me is how much better their youth setup is. Look at that! "Extensive youth recruitment"! "Excellent junior coaching"! I have much better chances of grooming the next Luis Suarez or Edinson Cavani in here.

The only major downside is that, of course, I won't go straight into the Libertadores groups this season, like I would had I stayed with Central Español. I will, however, be starting on the preliminary rounds, and with the sheer resources of this club, I believe I will have more chances to make the groups later, and specially to win some titles and start gaining some ground on Mourinho.

Let's take a look at my squad:

upl6tiL.jpg

I'm not entirely sure this is a perfect fit for my 3-4-1-2 and its variants, but it's not a million miles away. The only player who can't play in any of the positions is left-back Alfonso Espino, who I'll retrain to LWB.

Best players:

Zzm0n1a.jpg

Bloody hell. This is an INCREDIBLE centre-back. And I thought Formiliano, who I had signed for next season with Central, looked special...

D1T3mbs.jpg

This is a slightly awkward fit as I don't see him as a perfect DLF, AF or AM (he can play AMC, AML, ST), I would've wanted either better finishing skills or better passing/vision but he's most definitely very, very talented.

zGsKcKl.jpg

That's my complete wingback on the left sorted then. Perfect fit.

Biggest prospects:

sjJ6PQj.jpg

Ooooooohhhhh. Quite the gem we've got here. Is accomplished at MC and DC too.

RCDqf6R.jpg

The Uruguayan Donnarumma? Wanted by Monaco already.

LJj5sbb.jpg

Pretty good forward in the making here.

Goals

Nothing less than break the current domination by Peñarol will do. I want to focus on grooming the young talents too (in fact I added it as a club philosophy in my job interview), and I always had the ambition to take a club from a "lesser" South American league to do well in the Libertadores. That might be a bit more of a long term thing though, and I do not know for how long will I be here. For now, beating Peñarol is the focus.

noikeee   

I will be keeping the Central Español crest as my avatar, as a  reminder of where I came from as a manager, and specially because it's just a cool crest! :cool:

ManUtd1   

Oooohhh...congrats on the Nacional job!

andychar   

Mourinho wasn't happy when he saw that appointment on Sky Sports News!

noikeee   
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, argento said:

Big move, looks like a very handy squad!  

7 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Oooohhh...congrats on the Nacional job!

I said above it's a "massive club" with "massive resources" but perhaps didn't really put it into context - it's massive in terms of history, and massive for the Uruguayan reality, but in international/continental terms? Not really. Brazilian and Argentinian sides are much bigger, and even the Mexicans (which in SI's version of Libertadores are still in it) have much greater financial power. If this were Europe we'd be something like Celtic perhaps - glorious history, big in a small league, but a tiny fish in the continental pond. We're even listed as "insecure" financially although our current balance is positive. This explains why we invest so much in youth - it's the only way to survive, produce great players on the cheap and sell them for profit.

Given the disparity to Brazilian clubs, I'm rather annoyed we got drawn against Vasco in the 1st preliminary round... I think that'll be a very short Libertadores run.

2 hours ago, andychar said:

Mourinho wasn't happy when he saw that appointment on Sky Sports News!

I can already feel him trembling with fear.

Edited by noikeee

noikeee   
13 hours ago, noikeee said:

I will be keeping the Central Español crest as my avatar, as a  reminder of where I came from as a manager, and specially because it's just a cool crest! :cool:

Disregard that, I felt like a fan in a half-and-half scarf, parading a handful of clubs at the same time.

:(

argento   

Yeah the Libertadores is tough in my experience they had 3 teams in the prelim rounds and then 5 in the groups!  Some of the Uruguayan sides pulled up a few trees in my game.  Penarol got past the groups a few times.

noikeee   
zc6Ys91.png

January 2019 - Pre-season transfers

This was quite possibly my least active pre-season ever. Tasked with diminishing an oversized squad and a wage bill that was way beyond our budget, I only signed one player and focused on figuring out which players to let their contracts run out, and which ones to try to negotiate deals on lesser wages. I just about managed to cut our wage spending from over 300K€/month to currently 174K€/month - below our budget of 218K€/month.

OLc4Jt3.jpg

F0hHFmD.jpg

My only signing in which I spent my entire transfer budget. To be honest I overpaid, he's a good-but-not-amazing wingback, but I badly lacked a 2nd player for this position and I didn't want to waste a foreigner spot just yet.

The squad is now smaller, and this is what I expect to be our starting 11:

b3DhOK8.jpg

Notice I have recalled 17 year old midfielder Emiliano Diana from loan, and promoted to the first team 16 year old keeper Matteo Roberto. I think we look weak at the base of midfield so Diana might well come straight into the side once the South American U20 championship is over (he's with the Uruguay U20s), whilst it won't be long neither until Roberto is our starting keeper, currently we have a veteran in goal whose loan runs out midseason.

I would consider base of midfield to be my clearest weakness, I would've liked better strikers as well, we had a lot of them (I already released 3 strikers I think) but no great star for the position, Diego Vera looks the most impressive but he's 34 already.

jXIO2ic.jpg

The team is starting to gel into my 3-4-1-2 system.

As mentioned above the first preliminary round of the Libertadores is against Vasco, already now at the beginning of February, I'm rather skeptical we can beat them. Even if we do, we'd still need to beat another side in the 2nd round to make the groups. I reckon the current top priority is to get a good start to the league, we need to put a strong fight for the title, the pressure is on and if we get a sluggish start it might quickly weigh on the player's minds.

noikeee   

vUUwLNq.jpg

Hey, free money for a player I've never heard about before. Thanks, random Saudi team.

noikeee   

muNbNp8.jpg

There goes the progress of my most promising young striker... :(

ManUtd1   
2 hours ago, noikeee said:

muNbNp8.jpg

There goes the progress of my most promising young striker... :(

I'm sure that speed training with rabid, hungry Dobermans seemed like a great idea at the time.

noikeee   
10 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

I'm sure that speed training with rabid, hungry Dobermans seemed like a great idea at the time.

I have no idea what kind of training he was up to, he was out on loan to some minor club. It would have never happened with us. Our pack of Dobermans trained in our exquisite facilities are scientifically nurtured to only be mildly hungry in order not to strain players.

In more recent news, we started the season by getting utterly traumatised by Vasco. :( Details to follow when I play the rest of the matches.

noikeee   
1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

Great move to Nacional.  :thup:

The jury's still out on how great of a move will this turn out to be. So far I've got 3 defeats in 4 official matches with Nacional. 2 of those were against Vasco so that's to be expected, but I'm now wondering whether I jumped onto a frying pan. :eek:

Rikulec   

Early days can be difficult, some patience and perhaps a little tweak here and there and you'll get over it in no time. :thup:

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

The jury's still out on how great of a move will this turn out to be. So far I've got 3 defeats in 4 official matches with Nacional. 2 of those were against Vasco so that's to be expected, but I'm now wondering whether I jumped onto a frying pan. :eek:

I lost six of my first seven at ADO Den Haag, then the following season I finished third.  Once the players adapt to your system, you will be fine.

noikeee   

yRcWQnR.jpg

Um, wow, thanks.

I've only just realized the club's been paying 131K€ worth of loans every single month. This explains why we were "insecure" financially despite having what looked like a pretty healthy bank balance on first glance.

noikeee   
zc6Ys91.png

February-March 2019

Transfers

I sold midfielder Sebastián Rodríguez to Ecuador's Emelec for 110K€. He was a technically gifted player who unfortunately had pretty crappy physicals. My system asks a lot of my midfielders so he had to go.

Meanwhile with the board investment in the club, suddenly my transfer budget is up to 2.7M€, so it looks as if I might get to make some transfers ahead of Clausura. I need to identify proper targets though, and with a laughable scouting team for a club of this magnitude (1 chief scout and 1 regular scout is all the board will give me) this will take time.

Competitions

hYLtis3.jpg

After an encouraging start to the league with a 4-1 win over Fenix, we went into the all-important Libertadores tie. Things would never be easy in Brazil, but we took the game goalless to the 2nd half, and then had a glorious chance to open the score - our centre-back Matías Malvino missed from the penalty stop. Immediately Vasco would score and then later take another, making things extremely difficult for the 2nd leg in Uruguay as we failed to get an away goal.

Back home there was a glimmer of hope as we scored within just 25 seconds, but midway through the 1st half Vasco got a penalty, converted, and then immediately scored another, the tie was completely over. Frustratingly, they seemed to convert every single thing that vaguely resembled a chance, our lads sunk into ever worse morale, and by the end the scoreline was a totally embarrassing 1-5.

Midway through this tie we had lost to Sud América with tired legs, and things got worse when we could only salvage a draw in the last minute vs Villa Española in an utterly ridiculous match in which we hit the woodwork 4 times. Luck had abandoned us, and morale was pretty terrible, but thankfully we finally got going into a few wins, first over Cerro, then Progreso. Then there was a much anticipated fixture vs my former side Central Español, but this turned out a little depressing as they feel utterly ruined by the next manager already - this is still my squad but they're playing a defensive 4-4-2 with DMs which isn't working at all, and whilst we took a while to score, we beat them convincingly as they hardly tried to attack. Boston were next in line and we made it 4 wins in a row, although it felt rather difficult, and then our run of wins was over vs Cerro Largo as Alexis Rolín saw an early red card and we were up against it all match with 10 men.

ctK9SGa.jpg

Our participation in the Libertadores was terrible, but whilst we also struggled a little to get going in the league, we've already recovered and are up there neck and neck with Peñarol fighting for the Apertura honours already. Still, I think we've had a pretty favourable calendar and we're yet to face all the better sides in the league; and I think this squad as it is has a few problems and not quite enough quality yet to dominate Uruguay - but we'll push Peñarol as hard as we can and try to beat them.

Benjoe   

Looks like it could be a decent move for everybody who are not Central Español. Yikes, that looks grim. 

But will be interesting to see what the future finances will look like now that debts been paid and you get a budget to work with. Are they completely unreasonable about giving you just a single scout more? Might have been due to the loan payment they restricted it? 

And also that junior coaching and youth recruitment.. Will be interesting to see if you get someone good who can be a part of your team before The Young One has left Montevideo.