Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
trigz76

Retired players making comebacks + continuing to play in lower leagues after retirement

Comebacks do happen in real life, of course. Let's say someone's mother club is struggling and the player agrees to come out of retirement to help them stave off relegation, possibly just for half a season or whatnot, or coming back to play professionally again for a few years.

Also, many if not even the majority of players that have previously played at a high level continue to play football in the lower leagues post-retirement. I know two such players myself here in Norway, and what they often will do is to retire, then let a couple of years pass before getting back in the game on a more recreational basis. In divisions like the Promozione in Italy or on level 6, 7 and 8 in England there are many such players.

Both these features would be fantastic additions to the game, in my opinion.

I feel retired player could tutor young players if they accept the non-playing position. Or maybe allow coach to tutor player will be a good idea

On 03.03.2017. at 10:48, trigz76 said:

Comebacks do happen in real life, of course. Let's say someone's mother club is struggling and the player agrees to come out of retirement to help them stave off relegation, possibly just for half a season or whatnot, or coming back to play professionally again for a few years.

Also, many if not even the majority of players that have previously played at a high level continue to play football in the lower leagues post-retirement. I know two such players myself here in Norway, and what they often will do is to retire, then let a couple of years pass before getting back in the game on a more recreational basis. In divisions like the Promozione in Italy or on level 6, 7 and 8 in England there are many such players.

Both these features would be fantastic additions to the game, in my opinion.

I agree with this suggestion definetly... In game it says "retired from professional football" and that's it. But we know professional is not amateur so if player is retired from pro football he can only play in amatuer teams or lower leagues.

It would be a nice touch to the game to add "legends matches" in order for your club to raise money. The matches could be staged anywhere in the world just like IRL football. And they would add some extra cash to your finances.

I like the idea, I mean it would work well - it's happened too, like Landon Donovan of recent years retiring then coming back then retiring.

I was thinking of a similar idea, I don't really like the regens, it takes me out of the game, but what if the regens where sons of e legends and where basically the same player

So come through that players most identified club, same position and same attributes and style of play

I was thinking of a similar idea, I don't really like the regens, it takes me out of the game, but what if the regens where sons of e legends and where basically the same player

So come through that players most identified club, same position and same attributes and style of play

Kinda like when scholes came out of retirement for 6 months to ease the injury crisis at united at the time? I like the idea, especially if the player is already part of the staff of the club, maybe a quiet little word in his ear to see if he would be interested? 

On 09/03/2017 at 19:16, laporte4 said:

That would be a backwards step in FM, before we had newgen's (100% system generated player profiles) FM used a regen system that had a player reappear as a 16 year old after they retired .

and sons of famous players that play football in a similar manner to their fathers are the exception rather than the rule...