Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2017 17.3.0 Official Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Urg said:

You can view the attendance of every match in schedule by right clicking the column header and going to insert column. This way you don't even need to select a match and can just see all of them.

Thanks for this. I had no idea that option even existed. I really appreciate it.

This is directed at SI ... when I do this, why are the attendance numbers flush left instead of flush right? Having the figures flush right makes it much easier to quickly scan and see which attendance numbers are bigger (the ones that may be five figures instead of four, four instead of three, etc.). It's also how figures listed in a column should be laid out and, as far as I know, very common practice.

And I still don't understand why attendance figures were removed from the mini-breakdowns to the right. What possible purpose could that ever serve? It just took up one line, and it was my favorite part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so today I decided, that's enough for me.

This is an honest review from a customer from 2015.

SI, If you really care about this game, you should really investigate your game and maybe adding some workers for testing the products (assuming you are not familliar with the problem the game has, which i'm really doubt about it, because there are many bug reports from users).

Me personally stopped posting in the bug forums section because with the amount of time typing the problems in the forums i won't find time for myself to play, and I'm already limited with my time to play.

Anyway, I posted yesteday a thread (well, huge one with screenshots) in the tactics forums, to get some help, I guess it's either no one really willing to help because of the emount of information I provided there, or just no one care which is understandable because of the amount of info and screenshots I provided, but I tried to be as informative as I could.

My last comment in this thread was just too much for me and was too much to handle for me after long run of frustration.

I really love the concept of the game but the engine ruins every aspect of the game.

I know it's not a piece of cake to produce such of engine, but this engine exists for a long time, and watching past years FM's (before 2015, basically before I started to play) and being witnessed for the same issues that already have been in the past releases and not being fixed, is really disappointing.

In fact, my feeling when I bought the game and saw the social media which I was excited from was a huge disappointment, but mostly I felt like you guys in SI ridicule the customer (me) intelligence by releasing this feature out and intreducing this as a feature.

That's my honest opinion and my honest feedback is that the game needs a touch in the engine, it's more important than social media and better FM skin since the majority of the FM community doesn't even use the default skins anyway, so why bother?

From what I say it sound like I'm trying to tell you what to do, but no, this is just a feedback and sharing also my disappointment of the final product.

I'm 90% not going to buy the next release, and I assume that i'm not the only one who felt or feels that way, and for the 1st step in the next releases, you need to bring back the trust from your customers who lost faith on you in this release.

I wish you all the best and good luck in the next releases, I would love to see if there are any improvement in the future releases and hope to see you in the future.

Thank for the effort with the game.

 

Best Regards,

Michel

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MHovel, no offence, but having read your post above and the other thread, it's still not entirely clear to me what aspect of the match engine you are finding fault with. I know you said that English is not your first language, and I appreciate that, and we are all in agreement that the match engine has some flaws and can definitely be improved on, but it's hard to process all that information you have provided and come to any sort of conclusion.

 

The best I can tell from your posts is that you are winning some games and losing others, some through individual player mistakes and some through mistakes emanating from decisions you have taken. Surely, as somebody who has played football, as you say you have, you will agree that's what football is like. Unless you're the best teams, you will sometimes beat better teams than you while losing to worse teams than you. As in real-life, sometimes the manager's tactical decisions will come off and sometimes they won't. Finally, have a look at Bournemouth's real-life results and yours', and you'll see that, if anything, you're over-achieving.

 

If you decide not to buy FM in the future, that's absolutely your prerogative, but I really don't understand what your argument for not doing so is from the above information...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm not sure what I'd even search for. I accidentally messed up the sorting of the team selection screen. So now I can't have the position selectors on the top AND the players below in positional order, it's one or the other. I've attached a screenshot hopefully showing what I mean, so if anyway knows how to sort them out as if they were untouched please let me know. Thanks

 

EDIT: Just sorted this, hold shift and sort. :)

1aabb14ce835ef8ecdfd681cce551585.png

Edited by FM17_Doge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mons said:

@MHovel, no offence, but having read your post above and the other thread, it's still not entirely clear to me what aspect of the match engine you are finding fault with. I know you said that English is not your first language, and I appreciate that, and we are all in agreement that the match engine has some flaws and can definitely be improved on, but it's hard to process all that information you have provided and come to any sort of conclusion.

 

The best I can tell from your posts is that you are winning some games and losing others, some through individual player mistakes and some through mistakes emanating from decisions you have taken. Surely, as somebody who has played football, as you say you have, you will agree that's what football is like. Unless you're the best teams, you will sometimes beat better teams than you while losing to worse teams than you. As in real-life, sometimes the manager's tactical decisions will come off and sometimes they won't. Finally, have a look at Bournemouth's real-life results and yours', and you'll see that, if anything, you're over-achieving.

 

If you decide not to buy FM in the future, that's absolutely your prerogative, but I really don't understand what your argument for not doing so is from the above information...

Probably ı will not purchase next year too. I suspended my all save due to congested fixture issue. No solution no satisfactory answer even though report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing the Italian cup final in 2019 and 4 first team squad players unavailable due to international duty with the u21s and 5 more traveling to join up with their Copa America squads.

Why can't they fix nonsense? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm done with FM. The game is too hard for me nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I want the game to be realistic and I do not want SI to dumb it down for people like me, but I haven't got the time, patience, brains or interest to micro manage tactics or deal with whiny players. Most of my saves so far with FM 17 have been the same: I lose the first 10-15 games despite the odds being like 1.44-10 to my favour, then I start to cheat and play most of the matches on the highest speed with the mouse hovering above the "close window"-button. And then I delete the save.

It's just not for me anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's curious to see that @Dave1990 hasn't received the answers on the questions that he posed.
It should not be difficult for programmers or moderators of this forum to explain the reason for which the cross number, for example, has remained the same for FM 16, or why the SI has ignored the inconsistencies on closing down already reported last year. SI has its own priorities, but should explain these priorities if someone asks questions about it. There is a reason for which the development team has failed to correct the inconsistencies in individual closing down: they tried but failed to correct it, they aren't interested in the problem, they forgot the problem, something must have happened, just be clear and say it.
If you continue to ignore this point one might think that you have something to hide.

Edited by Luk's95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Luk's95 said:

It's curious to see that @Dave1990 hasn't received the answers on the questions that he posed.
It should not be difficult for programmers or moderators of this forum to explain the reason for which the cross number, for example, has remained the same for FM 16, or why the SI has ignored the inconsistencies on closing down already reported last year. SI has its own priorities, but should explain these priorities if someone asks questions about it. There is a reason for which the development team has failed to correct the inconsistencies in individual closing down: they tried but failed to correct it, they aren't interested in the problem, they forgot the problem, something must have happened, just be clear and say it.
If you continue to ignore this point one might think that you have something to hide.

What should be obviously clear is that devs do not have to justify every single action they take. They can and do leave feedback here and in various threads, but they definitely do not have to explain their in house priorities to people. It doesn't mean they have something to hide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

What should be obviously clear is that devs do not have to justify every single action they take. They can and do leave feedback here and in various threads, but they definitely do not have to explain their in house priorities to people. It doesn't mean they have something to hide.

Obviously, but if someone puts their precise questions and you ignore this questions, then that person has reason to complain. Developers can do what they want, but if this is your attitude towards those who criticize constructively the game and asks specific questions then this forum has no reason to exist.

Why if you have nothing to hide, no one has answered to nine questions that Dave has posed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Luk's95 said:

Obviously, but if someone puts their precise questions and you ignore this questions, then that person has reason to complain. Developers can do what they want, but if this is your attitude towards those who criticize constructively the game and asks specific questions then this forum has no reason to exist.

Why if you have nothing to hide, no one has answered to nine questions that Dave has posed?

Dave had answers given to him in several threads, the answer being that they have their own priorties, and do not have to justify every single action. the fact that he didnt like the answers doesnt mean he can keep on badgering people to answer. The same applies to you now. This is the end of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if begging for better reviews on Steam will be sufficient :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this has been adjusted by the recent patch, but the constant complaints about playing time are just beyond irritating.  You're a 19 year old "hot prospect".  You've had 7 starts and 6 sub appearances in the league and 1 start and 4 sub appearances in the Champions League.  You want to leave because "you feel you won't ever get first team soccer"?  Utterly ridiculous.  I am hit with a new complaint from one player or another on a near weekly basis.  This is not enjoyable or realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Luk's95 said:

Why if you have nothing to hide, no one has answered to nine questions that Dave has posed?

I see you've just come back after three years away from the forums, so you can be forgiven for missing the fact that every single one of his questions was answered multiple times, in multiple forums, by multiple people. As Herne said, he just didn't like the answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you've mentioned realism it's only fair that you add context, how many highly rated hot prospects do you have at your club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2017 at 00:10, keysi said:

Hi all, just only wante to let you know missing transfer in the winter transfer update - Bořek Dočkal moved from AC Sparta Prague to Henan Jianye (China). 

It was the second most expensive outgoing transfer in Czech First Division history so I think it should be included in the game as transfer was confirmed 24th February 2017.

Cheers

This will probably have been finalised after the data lock, but report it in the relevant Data Issues thread in the Bugs forum please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Viking said:

I'm done with FM. The game is too hard for me nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I want the game to be realistic and I do not want SI to dumb it down for people like me, but I haven't got the time, patience, brains or interest to micro manage tactics or deal with whiny players. Most of my saves so far with FM 17 have been the same: I lose the first 10-15 games despite the odds being like 1.44-10 to my favour, then I start to cheat and play most of the matches on the highest speed with the mouse hovering above the "close window"-button. And then I delete the save.

It's just not for me anymore.

Maybe you should give FMT a try. Very little interaction and no tactic familiarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've started a save in South America for the first time. Colombia, specifically. I'm about half a year in and noticing something but not sure if its things actually being different in SA.... So I'm using the same tactic I've used in previous saves and typically get very very few yellow cards. With the new save, the same tactic is getting quite a few more. Not seeing sending offs, so that's good, but I've had several players suspended for accumulated yellows. I don't have over aggressive players either, yet they seem to get carded quite a bit.

So is there an in-game difference in how refs approach games between different regions? I mean, it would make sense and reflect reality, but just not sure if that's is what's happening here or its something....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

So I've started a save in South America for the first time. Colombia, specifically. I'm about half a year in and noticing something but not sure if its things actually being different in SA.... So I'm using the same tactic I've used in previous saves and typically get very very few yellow cards. With the new save, the same tactic is getting quite a few more. Not seeing sending offs, so that's good, but I've had several players suspended for accumulated yellows. I don't have over aggressive players either, yet they seem to get carded quite a bit.

So is there an in-game difference in how refs approach games between different regions? I mean, it would make sense and reflect reality, but just not sure if that's is what's happening here or its something....

there's nothing different, probably just a coincidence or more strict referees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

there's nothing different, probably just a coincidence or more strict referees.

Hadn't really thought of the individual refs having different... settings? Preferences? Not sure the right term.

Could just be down to my individual players. I was thinking of Aggression but Anticipation and Decisions would definitely play a role. And being South America, plenty of skillful and quick players that are harder for a defender to defend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Hadn't really thought of the individual refs having different... settings? Preferences? Not sure the right term.

 

Attributes.

Edited by Cougar2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Hadn't really thought of the individual refs having different... settings? Preferences? Not sure the right term.

Could just be down to my individual players. I was thinking of Aggression but Anticipation and Decisions would definitely play a role. And being South America, plenty of skillful and quick players that are harder for a defender to defend.

indeed there are refs that are set to be more strict, lenient, fair... tendencies. don't know if they have their own attributes but i believe they do- if they are of lower quality they will make more mistakes. but i think it is just the coincidence you are experiencing and it will level out till the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2017 at 19:02, jujigatame said:

I'm not sure if this has been adjusted by the recent patch, but the constant complaints about playing time are just beyond irritating.  You're a 19 year old "hot prospect".  You've had 7 starts and 6 sub appearances in the league and 1 start and 4 sub appearances in the Champions League.  You want to leave because "you feel you won't ever get first team soccer"?  Utterly ridiculous.  I am hit with a new complaint from one player or another on a near weekly basis.  This is not enjoyable or realistic.

This same player has come to me again, just 2 months later, with the same complaint, that he has to leave because he "won't ever get first team soccer".  He's 19 years old!  In the prior season he had 1 league appearance, now this season he's had 14.  What could possibly lead him to believe he won't ever get first team soccer here?  The kicker is that he came to complain THE DAY AFTER STARTING A MATCH.  This is driving me nuts.  Please tone this down, SI.  Please.

Edited by jujigatame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best way to get SI's attention on specific examples like that is to raise it in the bugs forum with a copy of your save file,  ideally before either or both of the conversations with the player.

As a guess is there another club interested in him who may be willing to use him more frequently?

Another possibility is that he things he's deserving of a higher squad status at the club, have any of your back room staff suggested changing his squad status to rotation?

If I'm right on either of those guesses there could still be an issue with what the player is communicating to you & would still be worth raising as a potential bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-03-20 at 09:22, vasilli07 said:

Maybe you should give FMT a try. Very little interaction and no tactic familiarity.

I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Barside said:

The best way to get SI's attention on specific examples like that is to raise it in the bugs forum with a copy of your save file,  ideally before either or both of the conversations with the player.

As a guess is there another club interested in him who may be willing to use him more frequently?

Another possibility is that he things he's deserving of a higher squad status at the club, have any of your back room staff suggested changing his squad status to rotation?

If I'm right on either of those guesses there could still be an issue with what the player is communicating to you & would still be worth raising as a potential bug.

I know I could upload the save and make a bug report, but I don't think this is really a bug.  It's a feature.  A feature which I would argue is poorly implemented and in its current form adds neither enjoyment nor realism to the game.

It's possible he's deserving a higher squad status, but that's not the complaint, and he's certainly not asking to go to any other particular club or for a transfer in general.  He's saying I'm not playing him enough, and that since his prior complaints haven't resulted in any increase, that therefore he thinks he'll "never get first team soccer".  All of my available responses imply that he is correct that he hasn't been getting sufficient playing time.  I've had 3 or 4 other players come to me with such complaints throughout the season, but ultimately this one is the most bothersome because he's got 5-star potential (so I don't want to **** him off) and is only 19 years old and has been starting around a third of our league matches (which makes the lack of context so glaring).  Basically I'm left with these options:

1) Promise him playing time.  This makes me nervous because I already think I'm giving him a decent amount, and "promises" in this game are very much pass/fail, so I'm concerned I'd break the promise accidentally.  Players seem to react worse to a broken promise than a refusal to make a promise.

2) Decline to talk to him.  This will make him unhappy, I have to hope he continues to develop as a player and that his unhappiness will go away as his playing time naturally increases over the next season or so.

3) Sell him.  Not exactly a desirable outcome for one of the best prospects in my whole squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

or the one no one seems to think of - tell him you are the manager and you will decide what's best. He is still young and inexperienced and you know better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my two posts I've asked three fair & reasonable questions that you've not answered, if you did it might help shed light on why things have played out the way they have.

I feel it's worth mentioning that I've raised comfortably in excess of a hundred different issues on this particular feature over the last two years so I know it can be flaky so please do not misinterpret my questions as an attempt to defend the feature because they are not.

HUNT3R is also spot on, he's a kid & you're the boss or take a close look at his coach report as that might highlight a poor personality that makes him more trouble than he's worth & selling him so that he's another managers problem may be the smart move. Not every 5 star potential player is worth the hassle & I'd rather have a 3.5 star player with their head screwed on than a 5 star idiot who could cost me my job by turning the team against me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

or the one no one seems to think of - tell him you are the manager and you will decide what's best. He is still young and inexperienced and you know better.

That's not really an option.  If it was, I'd have chosen it.  The 5 options presented are:

1) Promise him more playing time.

2) Tell him you'll play him in cup competitions to see how he does (this never works, and doesn't even make sense as I've already played him in cup competitions).

3) Tell him he needs to prove himself, which leads to telling him he needs to train harder or get tutoring or something similar, which also seems to never work and only inflames the situation.

4) Tell him you'll loan him.

5) Tell him you'll sell him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Barside said:

In my two posts I've asked three fair & reasonable questions that you've not answered, if you did it might help shed light on why things have played out the way they have.

I feel it's worth mentioning that I've raised comfortably in excess of a hundred different issues on this particular feature over the last two years so I know it can be flaky so please do not misinterpret my questions as an attempt to defend the feature because they are not.

HUNT3R is also spot on, he's a kid & you're the boss or take a close look at his coach report as that might highlight a poor personality that makes him more trouble than he's worth & selling him so that he's another managers problem may be the smart move. Not every 5 star potential player is worth the hassle & I'd rather have a 3.5 star player with their head screwed on than a 5 star idiot who could cost me my job by turning the team against me.

Which questions didn't I answer?  I'm not trying to withhold any information here.  I've had players complain because they wanted a transfer to some specific team that was interested in them, and I've had players complain because they wanted greater squad importance (i.e. "key player" status).  This isn't either of those situations.  The wording of his complaint is exactly the same as my few other rotation players who are constantly whining about their playing time.  At least for them it makes a little sense, since they're all in their late 20s and early 30s and their importance to the squad is waning and they may very well wonder whether they're "ever going to get first team soccer".  This is a 19 year old whose importance to the squad is rapidly rising.

Oh and FYI his personality is "professional".  Which makes it even more baffling.

Edited by jujigatame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Still no answer to this post on 29/03......

Every year with the winter transfer update I ask myself the same question: why can't you do the update like it really is and let the players join their new clubs in Januari? (when you click on the player you can then see "joining ..... on 01/01/2017" - the exact

transfer date in Januari would maybe go too far :D)

E.g. Man Utd: Schneiderlin is already at Everton and Depay is at Lyon. Extra Man Utd question: it looks like the news of the day is that Schweinsteiger will join Chicago Fire. Is there a chance this will be updated in a following update or not?

So to put my question short: why can't you do the update like this? Is it too difficult to program?

Kind regards,

Koen

Edited by FMDa_Willy
No answer to my post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jujigatame said:

That's not really an option.  If it was, I'd have chosen it.  The 5 options presented are:

1) Promise him more playing time.

2) Tell him you'll play him in cup competitions to see how he does (this never works, and doesn't even make sense as I've already played him in cup competitions).

3) Tell him he needs to prove himself, which leads to telling him he needs to train harder or get tutoring or something similar, which also seems to never work and only inflames the situation.

4) Tell him you'll loan him.

5) Tell him you'll sell him.

I've had 2 complaints just tonight and both times selected that they're still young and inexperienced. If he does have a decent personality and doesn't really have a foot to stand on, he should back off after this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

I've had 2 complaints just tonight and both times selected that they're still young and inexperienced. If he does have a decent personality and doesn't really have a foot to stand on, he should back off after this.

I don't get that possible response in this interaction.  Maybe you only have that response available the first time a particular player complains, and not on subsequent complaints?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is possible, yes. What did you say to them the first time then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

That is possible, yes. What did you say to them the first time then?

Probably exactly what you said, the "you're young, be patient" option.  Either that or I asked my captain to talk him down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jujigatame said:

Probably exactly what you said, the "you're young, be patient" option.  Either that or I asked my captain to talk him down.

The fact that you're not quite sure is why it would be good to have the save uploaded, or even check the interaction history 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2017 at 18:46, themadsheep2001 said:

The fact that you're not quite sure is why it would be good to have the save uploaded, or even check the interaction history 

Well this is an odd one.  I'd saved the game before the interaction because I knew there was a high probability I'd screw it up.  I'd tried it a couple of times in different ways, and they all went poorly.  I just loaded up the game today, and tried it in one of the same ways, resigned to the fact that he'd be upset and there's nothing I could do about it.  Well, this time he said "you're right, I'm just being impatient" and went away.

So I guess this means there's some element of randomness to player interactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, this is more of a complaint than anything else. I'm managing in Colombia at a club with a great youth setup but not such a great reputation. With some first day regens and the first intake and a few signings, the squad has a number of high potential players. Because the starting squad isn't of much quality, these players are playing every week and developing notably. I fully accept that given the reputation and finances of the club means I won't be able to hang onto these players long-term. I've already had my board accept $1m offers for two pretty good young players, but now the bids are coming in for my gems. 

The starting offers were from clubs like Napoli and Sporting CP. The first offers were insulting - like 40K Euros up front, a total possibly amount of 100K. My approach was to negotiate the offer by asking for a really high sum (like 10m up front, 10m over 24 months and 50% sell on) and lock those. So the clubs would decline. The one player still got upset. 

Now a few weeks later, a couple of the players are wanted by Benfica, Milan, PSG, Roma, Sporting CP... Barcelona and PSG have been making repeated offers. Like every 2 days, they will offer 1m, I do the same thing, and they walk away. For 2 days. Another 1m offer. If they would up their offer a reasonable amount, I would actually give in. Thinking that if these two clubs are that determined that they will submit bids every 2 days, I would negotiate them but not THAT ridiculously high. Nope, walk away. So when PSG made another 1m offer (for probably the third or fourth time), I saved it, and tried to negotiate it. They obviously seriously covet this player. Why else are they making a handful of offers in a one week period? Would they go 5m up front, 5m spread out, and 50%? Nope. 5m and 5m? Nope. 5m? Nope. 2m. Nope. 1.5m they accepted as long as it had nothing else added on. So they want the player badly enough to make constant, continual offers. But not enough to offer actual money. 

I checked PSG's finances. They spent 145m Euros so far in this window. They spent 30m plus on 4 different players. They still have 33m but gotta get a massive bargain for this player!

What is really frustrating is that at some point, one of these clubs will make a 400K locked bid and my board will jump all over it. Part of the idea of this save was to be able to develop these kind of players and sell them on for reasonable sums. Not monstrous fees. But at least the kind of fee that would seem reasonable for an 18 year old player who already has 58 league appearances, 7 Copa Libertadores appearances, 7 U20 appearances and a decently high CA for his age. 

So because a couple of the biggest clubs in Europe seem intent on grinding out the best possible value deal from a mid-level Colombian club, its basically killing my interest in this save. If I can't get any more value for a potential superstar than I can for a 21 year old defender without potential left to improve going to a club in Mexico.... what's the point? 

Edit - and as soon as I advance past that after knocking back the PSG offer, Barcelona come back with a 350K locked bid. Well under half of the previous 1m offer. And board accepts it. Awesome. 

Edited by Bigpapa42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @Bigpapa42, without knowing the full context, that does indeed sound like a terrible game mechanic.

Just out of curiosity, do you have an asking price set for these players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the two players has asking of 30m, the other 1.5m. Not sure how the second one ended up that low, but it didn't make any difference - the offers came in for both players at the same level. 

If the offers had some in repeatedly and gone up a bit each time, it would make more sense.  And as I mentioned, it wouldn't have actually taken a monster offer to tempt to me to sell. I would love 5m, but realistically would have to jump at 3m. Even 2.5m with some clauses would probably make me cave. Coming back again and again with the same number.... that is just silly. "How about now? No. Okay, I'll come back with the same offer tomorrow. And the day after that." I realize there is just some value fixed in the data that makes the AI not want to go higher. But why keep making the offer over and over? Why suddenly offer half of what was previously offered? 

It was also only PSG and Barcelona doing this. Bids came in from another handful of clubs - Benfica, Atletico, Napoli, Roma, Sporting CP. None of them did the repeated offers that Barcelona and PSG did.  And I think the most annoying part is that the two that were refusing to go up in their offers were the two clubs sitting on the most money of any of them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

One of the two players has asking of 30m, the other 1.5m. Not sure how the second one ended up that low, but it didn't make any difference - the offers came in for both players at the same level. 

If the offers had some in repeatedly and gone up a bit each time, it would make more sense.  And as I mentioned, it wouldn't have actually taken a monster offer to tempt to me to sell. I would love 5m, but realistically would have to jump at 3m. Even 2.5m with some clauses would probably make me cave. Coming back again and again with the same number.... that is just silly. "How about now? No. Okay, I'll come back with the same offer tomorrow. And the day after that." I realize there is just some value fixed in the data that makes the AI not want to go higher. But why keep making the offer over and over? Why suddenly offer half of what was previously offered? 

It was also only PSG and Barcelona doing this. Bids came in from another handful of clubs - Benfica, Atletico, Napoli, Roma, Sporting CP. None of them did the repeated offers that Barcelona and PSG did.  And I think the most annoying part is that the two that were refusing to go up in their offers were the two clubs sitting on the most money of any of them. 

 

If you have a save game that shows this sort of behaviour then could you please start a thread in the bugs forum about this and we will take a look into this further. 

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ben Kenney said:

If you have a save game that shows this sort of behaviour then could you please start a thread in the bugs forum about this and we will take a look into this further. 

Cheers,

Ben

I will if I can but I have my doubts it will be possible. I did a rage quit and delete before leaving for work this morning.

About a week before in game, Barcelona had made a non-negotiable offer that was 375K up front, about 400K spread out and some clauses. My board accepted, I protested, threatened to quit and they changed their minds. So a week later, Barcelona makes the same offer. Non-negotiable. Board accepts and I can't protest. Same 375K up front and same spread out.  The clauses may have gone up slightly, but not by much. Yeah, I'm done.

For the first year, this save was one of the most fun I've had in the past few versions of FM. Just flat out enjoyed it. But spending 6 weeks in-game knocking back what seemed like 100 offers for the same two players without any of the clubs being willing to offer anything more just killed it for me. Then to lose the players for less than what was already offered because the biggest clubs in the game sitting on piles of money are manipulative.... Nah, done.

Don't think I'll be FMing for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its free to play for the weekend that's why there's been a small update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, You have to start a new game for the changes to take effect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There haven't been any changes to the update this evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to recover the save (note to self - rage quit is a bad idea, rage quit and delete a worse one) and managed to leverage a reasonable fee (6m total, plus 1m clauses) by offering the player out. Which made the player angry, despite having been upset for months at having a tiny offer from Napoli rejected, and caused a squad revolt. Well that makes sense. 

So after giving in and selling the winger to Barcelona, I figured they might leave the club alone. Nope. 5 or 6 more offers for my MC. And then they start making offers for my goalkeeper. Offer 275K for a player I paid 750K for in the previous window. Makes sense. And they offer it non-negotiable so when I reject it, the player goes on strike. 

They still have 2 days to take my MC too, which I'm pretty sure at this point that they will. If the don't, PSG will. Or Porto. Or Milan. 

Can't even sign any replacements since the domestic window closed already. I've never had a fun save turn sour so quickly due to the behavior of AI clubs. 

Yup, next advance and PSG make a 500K offer for my MC and the board accepts.

Edit - so there is legit no way to prevent the big clubs from simply taking your players. After turning down repeated offers of 1.0 to 1.4m, PSG make a non-negotiable 500K plus 400K offer and my board accepts. No notification. Its just there and accepted and the player will leave. Despite now having almost 10m in the bank and no debt. Makes sense. 

Edited by Bigpapa42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies to keep harping on it, but I'm trying to move forward in the game and now I just feel like the AI is trolling me. 

I saved the game with 2 days left in the summer window, then advanced. Barcelona make a 750K bid (for a player I paid that same amount for 6 months before). Its non-negotiable so no choice but to accept or turn it down. Turn it down, player flips out. Then PSG makes a 500K offer for my MC (who they offered almost 1.5m for a few weeks before) and its automatically accepted. No notification that board thinks it too good or something, but just... accepted. 

So I go back to the save point and decided at least properly profit off the sale of my star MC by offering him out of 5m (2.5 up front, 2.5m over 24 months). Barcelona and PSG both offer. I figure that means Barcelona won't make the bid for my keeper. Same date, same point, same offer. But its Sevilla this time. Okay FM, now you are just trolling me for a reaction. 

I turn it down, deal with the enraged player, selling my star MC, cry a little, and just hope to make it to the end of the window. 

Nope. 

300K offer for my starting LB. I turn it down, angry player, revolt. 

And then PSG makes the exact same offer as Sevilla for my GK, who is already angry will probably go on strike for turning this one down. 

I've had the board sell 3 starting players on me in the past 2 windows, had to sell my two best prospects to keep the board from selling them for pretty much nothing. Probably going to lose my keeper on the last day of the window. And I have a 3rd round cup match against a major rival club.... while I have 11 players away on international duty. Pretty much all my starters. 

And now my squad is demanding a team meeting because the squad is thin. Because the board won't let me keep my players. And its outside the domestic window. I'm not quite sure how this is supposed to be a manageable situation. 

The thing I find funniest about these clubs targeting my GK is that there is a more promising Colombian keeper who is at a slightly bigger club, is taller, an U20 international, and has higher potential. But my keeper is the target because apparently the game doesn't think I need any players at all. 

Edit - one more tidbit, for fun. Made it to the end of the window. In the board confidence update, the Major Criticism is that selling Cristian Arrieta was a "poor piece of judgement" and the fans are upset about it as well. Arrieta was sold by the board over my head. 

Edited by Bigpapa42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...