Football Manager 2017 17.3.0 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very easy to point out what's wrong with this version of the ME, but not easy to address and praise what's improved compared to the past editions of the game.

@Dave1990 All your points are valid, however I struggle to understand how all those can be dramatically important for your gaming experience. I'm unhappy with many things of the game, but still I consider this ME the best I have ever played at since.. I don't even remember when. And just to clarify I hope none of you will mention now FM12 or FM14. No word was spent for the crossing issue fixed, no word was spent for finishing, no word was spent for animations, no word was spent for the AI tactic ductility which, it's true, needs to be worked out quite much yet, but when this was seen before?

When I read posts like this I wonder if people here think guys at SI know nothing about football, or worse they know the best about football but want to let the game flawed intentionally. I think people here sometimes loose the big scheme of things and don't realize what programming is and what programming a game of such complexity is.

@TiagoVieira I'm sorry but those screenshots mean nothing to me. As much as your complaint.

8 minutes ago, Federico said:

@TiagoVieira I'm sorry but those screenshots mean nothing to me. As much as your complaint.

Really, provide me proof that there in history of FM a season where you need for a goal on averge 5 to 6 shots, you suffer on average a goal every 2 shoots. hell you can even provide proof whit real life soccer teames. You can't and for a very simple reason, a team can't just do 50 or 60 meters passes , there is no defence in the world where the striker stay in the middle, and they run side by side whitout trying to desarm him. You don't play against 5 or 6 Usain Bolt. If you want i can continue to give reason that play a key role for this stats to happen 

7 minutes ago, TiagoVieira said:

Really, provide me proof that there in history of FM a season where you need for a goal on averge 5 to 6 shots, you suffer on average a goal every 2 shoots. hell you can even provide proof whit real life soccer teames. You can't and for a very simple reason, a team can't just do 50 or 60 meters passes , there is no defence in the world where the striker stay in the middle, and they run side by side whitout trying to desarm him. You don't play against 5 or 6 Usain Bolt. If you want i can continue to give reason that play a key role for this stats to happen 

The fact is if you play tactics where you dominate possession and are the stronger/higher rep team then the opposition will naturally play more defensive.  Add to that the space you leave at the back means that the two main ways that opposition teams naturally score against you are counters or set pieces.

The knock on effect of that type of play is that you give the opposition better chances on average than you create and they will therefore convert them at a better rate simply because you have minimised/reduced the number of poorer shots they would have otherwise had if you played a different style.

Edited by Cougar2010

19 minutes ago, Federico said:

It's very easy to point out what's wrong with this version of the ME, but not easy to address and praise what's improved compared to the past editions of the game.

@Dave1990 All your points are valid, however I struggle to understand how all those can be dramatically important for your gaming experience. I'm unhappy with many things of the game, but still I consider this ME the best I have ever played at since.. I don't even remember when. And just to clarify I hope none of you will mention now FM12 or FM14. No word was spent for the crossing issue fixed, no word was spent for finishing, no word was spent for animations, no word was spent for the AI tactic ductility which, it's true, needs to be worked out quite much yet, but when this was seen before?

When I read posts like this I wonder if people here think guys at SI know nothing about football, or worse they know the best about football but want to let the game flawed intentionally. I think people here sometimes loose the big scheme of things and don't realize what programming is and what programming a game of such complexity is.

I'll mention FM 14. Sorry to bust your bubble, but that is the most balanced ME ever produced by this organization. Period. Go back and play the last patch of that version 14.3.1 and see for yourself. No crossing issues, no fullback overpowered, no wide defending issues, no player interaction or contract issues, no slowdowns, etc, etc, etc. I needn't go on. I've been around for long enough to have played all the versions from FM 07 till date. The FM 14 match engine is still the most balanced of the new edition of the ME (from FM 13). As for the old ME, the best of those was the FM 12 ME. But since the great evolution in 2013, FM 14 is king. (Though i'll admit that the FM 17 ME is not bad).

9 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

The fact is if you play tactics where you dominate possession and are the stronger/higher rep team then the opposition will naturally play more defensive.  Add to that the space you leave at the back means that the two main ways that opposition teams naturally score against you are counters or set pieces.

The knock on effect of that type of play is that you give the opposition better chances on average than you create and they will therefore convert them at a better rate simply because you have minimised/reduced the number of poorer shots they would have otherwise had if you played a different style.

This game is turning in something very similar to CM3. Not sutch a big crapp, but it's giving true large steps for it.

A 3 defence for 1 striker is no, a 3 man surromding 1 and let him keep the ball is not, a team defend whit 10 man and being able to put  5 to 6 guys is not real, not even close, a team that do this and when losses the ball they are able to return to defene position is BS, it doesn't happen. A keeper defending 5 or 6 CCC and end below 8 is stupid. If this a true simulatior, this type of crap doesn't happen is real life.

Edited by TiagoVieira

13 minutes ago, samuelawachie said:

I'll mention FM 14. Sorry to bust your bubble, but that is the most balanced ME ever produced by this organization. Period. Go back and play the last patch of that version 14.3.1 and see for yourself.

Not "period", it's just your opinion which I disagree with. From my point of view FM14 is the worst of the latest 5-6 editions for the chronic defensive issues, the awful goalkeeping and the poorest finishing ever. And you talk like I have never played FM14, but believe me, I did.

And I don't even count FM12 for the collision avoidance which was re-worked on FM13. The fact the FM12 is so loved by the many it's just the demonstration that the more a game is easy, the more you achieve, the more is loved and praised by the community.

Period.

Just now, Federico said:

Not "period", it's just your opinion which I disagree with. From my point of view FM14 is the worst of the latert 5-6 editions for the chronic defensive issues, the awful goalkeeping and the poorest finishing ever. And you talk like I have never played FM14, but believe me, I did.

And I don't even count FM12 for the collision avoidance which was re-worked on FM13. The fact the FM12 is so loved by the many it's just the demonstration that the more a game is easy, the more is loved and praised by the community.

Period.

So we then agree to disagree. You're the one that started the discussion with "nobody should mention xxx". What a silly thing to say!

Mmm well about silly things to say, I don't like people who twist the words to turn the discussion in their own favour. I said:

"And just to clarify I hope none of you will mention now FM12 or FM14", quite different from "nobody should mention xxx". I hope you know the difference between "I hope none" and "nobody should". For the next time I suggest you to quote the post instead of twisting words someone else said.

Anyway, my hope was disilluded by you.

Amen.

On 3/1/2017 at 10:32, noikeee said:

Any idea of whether this fix in particular will work instantly with ongoing saves, or locked into whatever was generated at the time of Brexit? I've got this issue in my Dafuge Challenge career save.

Thanks.

On 3/1/2017 at 10:34, Ben Kenney said:

Should be save game compatible. 

Wait, we were still supposed to be able to sign UK-based players on pre-contracts following Brexit this whole time? I didn't realize that was a bug, I just assumed since the UK left the EU they were no longer subjected to the Bosman ruling anymore, or something...

4 hours ago, Federico said:

For various reasons, I don't think there have been big improvements to the match engine of which you say. Why should entertain me a game where all defensive routines are random? We're talking about a fundamental aspect, surely then it can happen that often the players decisions are different from the settings, but unfortunately in this game is the rule, not the exception. Better to not set anything, even if it's infinitely sad.

Progress on the animations and movements are under the eyes of all, as is plain for all ME a very similar to that of last year, with the difference that there are far fewer crosses completed (the total number is always out all logic ) but defensively this game is worsened and is much more random. This year we see that players tend to disturb the nearest man in any situation, this is right? I say no, because in defensive phase the important thing isn't always close the opposing players, but allow them the play less dangerous as possible, which means temporizing instead to close down right away. 

I don't think that programmers don't know football, however I think they are trying to simplify the key things to make them less subjective, but doing this thing they make unnecessary many aspects of the game and tactics, such as for example the individual closing down.

• Administrators
Just now, Vassilis 7 said:

Thanks Lucas.

FMT's been updated now for 17.3. 

20 hours ago, TiagoVieira said:

It got even worst

http://prntscr.com/egqjme

http://prntscr.com/egqk3x

http://prntscr.com/egqklg

And this are just a few examples on how things are. Ths AI tactics and playing style, makes cattenacio at is prime a kid's joke.  Are you ever going to fix this in FM17? Or for you this the new normal, and players can continue to bitching  about something that is funny for developers?

Hum, so after more than 50 shots your team didn't create a single ccc and what's wrong is FM ? Nice :D

There are some serious issues with this new patch.

- Libertadores winner does not qualify for FIFA CWC. Instead, a random South American is selected to represent the continent.

- Brazilian Cup: 11 clubs just enter the competition in the quarterfinals. IRL, the clubs competing in Libertadores are among them. Also IRL, Série B, Copa do Nordeste and Copa Verde winners from previous season enter directly in quarterfinals. As it may be difficult to programme due to the variable amount of Brazilian clubs at Libertadores, it should be programmed as the the Brazilian clubs competing in Libertadores (7 to 9 clubs) + best ranked clubs not qualified for Libertadores (2 to 4 clubs), in a way it adds always to 11 clubs directly entering in quarterfinals. In this update, some random tiny clubs are entering in quarterfinals, giving huge unrealistic feelings when loading the Brazilian league.

- The champion of Goias State Championship is being determined in the first phase. The final being disputed after that does not determine the champion.

- The format of the Rio de Janeiro State Championship is wrong. Besides that, the final is disputed between clubs with best general campaign instead of 1st phase winner vs. 2nd phase winner. The format displayed in the game is even better than the real one, I'm not even mad about it. But what's the point on having a champion for each phase if it doesn't qualify for the final of the tournament?

- Some Colombian players from the Colombian side Fortaleza appear in the Brazilian side Fortaleza FC. Some guy mistakenly put they in the wrong Fortaleza.

I'll try to remember more issues with this patch. I hope it gets sorted out soon. We pay a good amount of money to play the game, and I don't want to wait for this to be changed only in FM2018. By now, I can't even play any save because of these problems.

Edited by VOC

Not necessarily patch related - is the issue of players not playing on loan ever going to be fixed in this game? It's been happening for years. I loan a young player out with First Team status expecting him to play, the AI plays him in the reserves or U19's exclusively. It's completely ridiculous. Now I have a young player who will waste 6 months of his development playing in a sub-par reserves team until I can recall him in January.

Just now, bar333 said:

Not necessarily patch related - is the issue of players not playing on loan ever going to be fixed in this game? It's been happening for years. I loan a young player out with First Team status expecting him to play, the AI plays him in the reserves or U19's exclusively. It's completely ridiculous. Now I have a young player who will waste 6 months of his development playing in a sub-par reserves team until I can recall him in January.

You should look into who you loan to. If there's a lot of competition for a spot, especially when they're all around the ability of the player you're loaning to them, it's a sign that despite their intentions, he will struggle to get games.

Yeah, but then they should not offer first team status, but a backup or squad player.

And when I'm loaning a player out, I ask for first team in offer on loan menu, and some of them who are interested change their status to squad player or backup, so I know that I shouldn't loan to them.

Just now, Firehouse said:

Yeah, but then they should not offer first team status, but a backup or squad player.

And when I'm loaning a player out, I ask for first team in offer on loan menu, and some of them who are interested change their status to squad player or backup, so I know that I shouldn't loan to them.

They're allowed to change their mind when the player arrives and he's not as good as they hoped.

22 minutes ago, Firehouse said:

you can also speak to his manager and remind him to play him more. he might, or might not agree but if he doesn't, just take him back the next transfer window.

I'm not having a problem with this, when they offer first team player status they usually respect that.

And I also know about that feature that @MBarbaric talks about.

I just want to say that they shouldn't offer first team player if they don't think he is good enough for said squad role. They should scout the player first, and if he has not been playing as agreed, we should have an option to recall him from loan. (if that is possible due to registration rules (but most of the times players who are loaned out are u18, u21 prospects who don't cut it into your first team)).

Just now, Firehouse said:

I just want to say that they shouldn't offer first team player if they don't think he is good enough for said squad role.  

They do think it at the time though. THEIR scouts can be wrong too.

I always sign a few loan players telling them they will be first team, then let them rot. I basically need a bit of cover for injuries... but if the injuries don't occur then I value my own backups and youngsters for game time over the loan signings.

I'm not saying the AI necessarily has this level of thought process... but the principle is... if you let a player go out on loan, you are giving up your right on how he is developed...from training through to game time.

As for match engine issues that have been raised here. The game won´t develop into a greater extent ´til these issues are resolved. With the graphics displayed it´s impossible to create a realistic game world which seems to be SI´s aim with the game. I am not a fan of watching matches on FM because it simply doesn´t seem realistic enough or coded enough in order for the user to think of it as something remotely close to IRL-football. I can see that within 10 years SI will come to an halt with this match engine schemes and someway along the border they would have to introduce graphics like FIFA. The reason it´s not being invested in right now could be financial issues but surely as the years go by that issue will prompt positively for SI. Having graphics like FIFA would make the game to an even bigger world beater and those who would disagree now won´t do that in a 10 years time because basically that´s the next natural step for the game. 2D-3D-4 and 5D and then onto something like FIFA graphics. Let´s be honest, FM is a simulation game, therefore it should be simulated with real looking footballers just like any other simulation game or arcade game out there. If and just saying if SI take this step they could easily launch the game on XBox and Playstation and people would buy it straight away.

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

They're allowed to change their mind when the player arrives and he's not as good as they hoped.

He hasn't made a single appearance for them in my case after 4-5 league games, so it's not like he played and performed poorly. They just dumped him in the reserves from the first second, and he still has "First Team" status. I think there's clearly some bug in the AI here.

Edited by bar333

Just now, bar333 said:

He hasn't made a single appearance for them in my case after 4-5 league games, so it's like he played and performed poorly. They just dumped him in the reserves from the first second, and he still has "First Team" status. I think there's clearly some bug in the AI here.

I already posted this. They thought he was going to be first team, he got there and it turned out he's not as good as what they have/prefer.

24 minutes ago, FootballTrainer said:

As for match engine issues that have been raised here. The game won´t develop into a greater extent ´til these issues are resolved. With the graphics displayed it´s impossible to create a realistic game world which seems to be SI´s aim with the game. I am not a fan of watching matches on FM because it simply doesn´t seem realistic enough or coded enough in order for the user to think of it as something remotely close to IRL-football. I can see that within 10 years SI will come to an halt with this match engine schemes and someway along the border they would have to introduce graphics like FIFA. The reason it´s not being invested in right now could be financial issues but surely as the years go by that issue will prompt positively for SI. Having graphics like FIFA would make the game to an even bigger world beater and those who would disagree now won´t do that in a 10 years time because basically that´s the next natural step for the game. 2D-3D-4 and 5D and then onto something like FIFA graphics. Let´s be honest, FM is a simulation game, therefore it should be simulated with real looking footballers just like any other simulation game or arcade game out there. If and just saying if SI take this step they could easily launch the game on XBox and Playstation and people would buy it straight away.

Still haven't grasped the difference between what you watch on screen and the match engine huh?

And you clearly have no grasp of current tech if you think it's a simple case of just improving the graphics to fifa-esque levels and voila done. Fifa is simple compared to the thousands upon thousands of variables that a simulation like fm has to process.. and currently, a big majority of fm players would be completely alienated, even if such improvements were possible to make as their systems wouldn't handle the game..

There is also a massive reason why other simulation style games aren't on consoles and why FM hasn't been on consoles recently.

35 minutes ago, FootballTrainer said:

Football manager is born to be a management simulation, not an arcade, so the graphics have a very relative importance. It can always improve from this point of view, but I think it graphically a fairly enjoyable game. I hope that the improvements will be made in other areas, such as match engine and network game.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Welshace said:

There is also a massive reason why other simulation style games aren't on consoles and why FM hasn't been on consoles recently.

We'd love to be on consoles if they offered a fun and enjoyable experiences but fact is, FM doesn't suit console gameplay. Consoles frankly are not fun for playing simulation games.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, c_klnc said:

When will update 17.3.1 be released?
17.3.0 have some problems and some of them are solved with public beta but i don't want to play with beta i cannot start a new career. 

You can start a career just fine. When 17.3.1 is released you would be able to continue it just like any other release

1 minute ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

You can start a career just fine. When 17.3.1 is released you would be able to continue it just like any other release

I know but i want to play with stable version. :)  Thanks for response.

• Administrators
Just now, c_klnc said:

I know but i want to play with stable version. :)  Thanks for response.

It is stable or we wouldn't have sent it out to public users. It is Beta because it is not final, that's all.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I seem to be made favourite for a lot of jobs I don't think I have any right in getting. I have Sunday League experience, and am currently studying for my Continental A Licence. The highest reputation team I have managed is Northampton Town where I guided them to the playoffs in League One. I now manage a team in the third tier in Germany but I have been made favourite for a couple of Bundesliga job, Middlesborough who were relegated from the Premier League, and other Championship teams. My reputation is nominal or one-and-a-half stars. This doesn't seem right to me.

not sure if this has been mentioned but wages are big pain im managing lincoln div 2 every free agent i try to sign wants 2.5 k my max wage is 1.8k i try making it up in bonuses etc every player refuses but they move to a vanarama club for £500 a week killing the game for me , and also my players were on a 6 game losing streak couldnt score for toffee so i dropped the whole lot of them played my youth team went to top of the table exeter and won 5-1 so does the ME take into account player stats ? as 15/16 year old youth players wouldnt all make there debut at the top team and win 5-1 but my youth striker finishing 5 comp 7 scored 3 great goals shame theo robinson cant !!

Just now, screwyiimp said:

not sure if this has been mentioned but wages are big pain im managing lincoln div 2 every free agent i try to sign wants 2.5 k my max wage is 1.8k i try making it up in bonuses etc every player refuses but they move to a vanarama club for £500 a week killing the game for me , and also my players were on a 6 game losing streak couldnt score for toffee so i dropped the whole lot of them played my youth team went to top of the table exeter and won 5-1 so does the ME take into account player stats ? as 15/16 year old youth players wouldnt all make there debut at the top team and win 5-1 but my youth striker finishing 5 comp 7 scored 3 great goals shame theo robinson cant !!

This is something for the bugs forum. Please open a thread there.

2 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

The problems I mentioned before in this page (regarding Libertadores and Brazilian competitions) need a new load. I'm not start a new save until these problems are sorted out.

On 06/03/2017 at 17:33, TiagoVieira said:

This game is turning in something very similar to CM3. Not sutch a big crapp, but it's giving true large steps for it.

A 3 defence for 1 striker is no, a 3 man surromding 1 and let him keep the ball is not, a team defend whit 10 man and being able to put  5 to 6 guys is not real, not even close, a team that do this and when losses the ball they are able to return to defene position is BS, it doesn't happen. A keeper defending 5 or 6 CCC and end below 8 is stupid. If this a true simulatior, this type of crap doesn't happen is real life.

you forgot hitting the post 6+ times every  game  this happens in real life 

2 minutes ago, screwyiimp said:

you forgot hitting the post 6+ times every  game  this happens in real life 

Could you provide at least 3 pkms in which that happens? Really?