Football Manager 2017 17.3.0 Official Feedback Thread

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, Andreas Svart said:

I just checked in the advanced rules for England, and I see some numbers changed regarding to the Brexit. The chance of changing the Bosman Rule has been changed from 10 to just 1 percent. Some other numbers have also been changed i think, but I'm not completely sure.

Can someone tell me how this update has affected Brexit?

The percentage chance of some scenarios happening in game have been adjusted according to any developments regarding Brexit in real life.

This will only affect new games started with the 17.3 Update.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, edk77 said:

So what are the changes and why it's not mentioned in the patch notes?

To answer any questions regarding the change of ME Number from 1703 to 1704, it was clearly mentioned in the patch notes.

- Fixed divergence warning appearing during a match

Thank you for all of the positive and constructive feedback you are all providing.

Cheers,

Nic

Has the tactics screen in the team report (where you can see how well a team did with each tactic and what they've struggled against) been changed or am I imagining it? It looks very different.

Now that I mention it, it looks like the scout reports in the inbox also look slightly differently now. Seems like there are some ninja UI changes here.

Edited by bar333

2 hours ago, Olly Kenney said:

The percentage chance of some scenarios happening in game have been adjusted according to any developments regarding Brexit in real life.

This will only affect new games started with the 17.3 Update.

Thanks, but that doesn't really help me as a Danish person who don't really know much about British politics. Has the chance of getting a hard Brexit been decreased or not?

Can you check if the finance situation and league issues in Hong Kong are fixed? It is an obscure league yet if you put in the game you should simulate it better. Thanks in advance.

Also did you update the AFC Cup format? I read above that the South American one has been updated but not listed in the changelist.

Edited by a.panda

18 hours ago, Welshace said:

But the best way SI can judge where they are with it and cut through the confirmation bias etc is by not announcing what is changed and seeing what issues the user base finds naturally with the update.

So maybe there are changes.. play the game and see if you notice any issues still.

I haven't noticed any change in the Match Engine, because I saw the same problems as before:

- defensive Corner and free kick routines are completely random
- teams continue to run an average of 140km per game
- the problem of erroneous clear cut chances/half chances hasn't been resolved
- the goalkeeper set to "distribute the full backs" continues to pass the ball to centre-backs
- there are still inconsistencies in the tactical system as the individual closing down, as reported in this thread: 

I hope that soon something will change.

• Administrators
Just now, Dave1990 said:

I haven't noticed any change in the Match Engine, because I saw the same problems as before:

- defensive Corner and free kick routines are completely random
- teams continue to run an average of 140km per game
- the problem of erroneous clear cut chances/half chances hasn't been resolved
- the goalkeeper set to "distribute the full backs" continues to pass the ball to centre-backs
- there are still inconsistencies in the tactical system as the individual closing down, as reported in this thread: 

I hope that soon something will change.

As was posted a few posts above yours:

4 hours ago, Nic Madden said:

To answer any questions regarding the change of ME Number from 1703 to 1704, it was clearly mentioned in the patch notes.

Thank you for all of the positive and constructive feedback you are all providing.

Cheers,

Nic

There isn't any changes except fixing a warning appearing during a match. This necessitated a version number increase.

4 hours ago, Nic Madden said:

Cheers,

Nic

So by us reading the info below it was clear that there was an ME change??? C'mon man give us a break. SI Staff on this thread even said there were no ME changes so it wasn't that clear buddy.

STABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- Fixed rare crash related to qualification play-offs for European competitions in May
- Fixed rare crash when selecting home or away venue preference for Peruvian playoff
- Fixed rare crash during processing
- Fixed lag in inbox

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, mantorras77 said:

So by us reading the info below it was clear that there was an ME change??? C'mon man give us a break. SI Staff on this thread even said there were no ME changes so it wasn't that clear buddy.

STABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- Fixed rare crash related to qualification play-offs for European competitions in May
- Fixed rare crash when selecting home or away venue preference for Peruvian playoff
- Fixed lag in inbox

What are you talking about? There are no match engine AI changes, there was only a fix for a divergence warning, As I said in my post directly above yours, it necessitated a version number change. 

4 minutes ago, mantorras77 said:

STABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- Fixed lag in inbox

I think SI staff have been very quick and responsive to every question asked... even several helpful responses to the user calling them lazy...

how is it unclear? the Match Engine covers everything in the match...

Fixed divergence warning appearing during a match

2 hours ago, Zane Sherratt said:

So anyone else notice that the German National Team Has no players in it?

Can't be mentioned here on the forums for obvious licensing issues  but I hear google is pretty good for this sort of question.

4 minutes ago, velvetsky said:

I have noticed that the game does tend to load slower since the update (while processing after hitting continue) has anyone else noticed this at all? 

*Spooky* :ackter:

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, velvetsky said:

I have noticed that the game does tend to load slower since the update (while processing after hitting continue) has anyone else noticed this at all? 

2 minutes ago, SM001 said:

I've heard from some people on another forum that the processing time between 'Continues' has slowed significantly for both saved and new games. Anyone else encountered this?

Can you both please post a thread in the tech issues forum if you haven't already done so? 

We'd very much appreciate if you could upload your save games so we can review them  

https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/

1 minute ago, Tal14 said:

specific mistake: In the Israeli Premier League - Hapoel Tel Aviv should start the season with -9 points after they have been through liquidation. 

Please post this into the relevant thread in the league specific issues forum.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/519-league-specific-issues/

1 hour ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Can you both please post a thread in the tech issues forum if you haven't already done so? 

We'd very much appreciate if you could upload your save games so we can review them  

https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/

i have started a thread and have uploaded the save to the FTP

Thanks 

Tony

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, ryan045 said:

Would like to know if there's any chance of getting the manager picture back

There isn't I'm afraid, as you've seen in the reported UI thread this was an oversight that has been fixed.

Completely random question.... Been spending some time in the Editor to take care of some missed transfers. Noticed something that has been in the data for years and its always confused me. Looking thru players with ranged potential that is good but not amazing - so say -7... there will always be some players with ranged potential but low starting CA and they are not young. Almost never in the bigger nations, but some smaller nations have loads of them. A 24 year old with 80 CA is not likely to improve notably even if they end up with a 140 PA, let alone a 32 year old. And yeah, there are some over 30 players like this.

I'm sure there is a reason behind it - maybe the PAs of existing players impacts the PAs of regens from a given nation....? Just curious...

On 3/1/2017 at 18:37, Lucas Weatherby said:

Work has already begun for FM18 for some. We have always stuck to the Winter Transfer Update as being the last major update. Certain critical issues we would look to address generally speaking where required as has been in the case in the past. But no plans have been made at this point, the update has only been out for a few hours it's far too early to speculate.

Thank you for your reply.

Hey mods

I'm not sure if this was an intentional change, but all of my players with 18 Determination have had their personalities changed from 'Determined' to 'Driven' (which used to be for players with 20 Determination). I'm playing with an existing save at the moment.

10 hours ago, Welshace said:

Can't be mentioned here on the forums for obvious licensing issues  but I hear google is pretty good for this sort of question.

Ah I see it's some sort of licensing issue? That make no sense but meh I looked in good and I found a the Answer to the question

1 hour ago, Riscas said:

My game is also slower with the new patch.

There have been a few reports regarding slow save games. New games seem to work fine, as far as I can see.

Regardless, I'm sure you'd like to continue the existing save!

If you don't mind, please start a new thread/topic and report your issue here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/

SI have asked for save games to investigate, so it would be appreciated if you could add yours as well. The FTP details are here: https://community.sigames.com/topic/381320-ftp-details/

22 minutes ago, Ilumtics187 said:

FM editor cant find any player in potiental ability range from 160 - 190 to 0 - 20, the only thing works is Donnarumma ( 170 - 200 ). Still dunno why :'(

I had this issue too.

Weirdly, if you search by potential ability "is" and then type in -95, -9 etc then the results come up fine. 

7 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Completely random question.... Been spending some time in the Editor to take care of some missed transfers. Noticed something that has been in the data for years and its always confused me. Looking thru players with ranged potential that is good but not amazing - so say -7... there will always be some players with ranged potential but low starting CA and they are not young. Almost never in the bigger nations, but some smaller nations have loads of them. A 24 year old with 80 CA is not likely to improve notably even if they end up with a 140 PA, let alone a 32 year old. And yeah, there are some over 30 players like this.

I'm sure there is a reason behind it - maybe the PAs of existing players impacts the PAs of regens from a given nation....? Just curious...

is it players who have been detached from a club for a while... so as soon as they are back in training have capacity to shoot up their CA... especially physicals.

hey guys.ı could not get any respond to my question. Is there any improving for congested fixture issue ? I just opened a new career in bundesliga and faced 2 matches in 3 days(cup on thursday and league on saturday) again but ı dont know if it is reorganised or not because ı quitted.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, ceta96 said:

hey guys.ı could not get any respond to my question. Is there any improving for congested fixture issue ? I just opened a new career in bundesliga and faced 2 matches in 3 days(cup on thursday and league on saturday) again but ı dont know if it is reorganised or not because ı quitted.

Please report your issue here, thanks.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Candre168 said:

Is it OK if I create a new save with 17.3, but opt for the original Football Manager database? Won't cause any issues?

You can select which DB you use at game setup. The only thing you're missing (other than transfers/attribute changes/etc.) is DB-related fixes.

2 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

You can select which DB you use at game setup. The only thing you're missing (other than transfers/attribute changes/etc.) is DB-related fixes.

Thank you. So there's no potential conflict ? I want the 17.3 game changes but not the DB updates as I prefer playing my game as if it were genuinely July 2016.  Appreciate the response. 

Edited by Candre168

• SI Staff
Just now, Candre168 said:

Thank you. So there's no potential conflict ? I want the 17.3 game changes but not the DB updates as I prefer playing my game as if it were genuinely July 2016.  Appreciate the response. 

Yup all good.

7 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

is it players who have been detached from a club for a while... so as soon as they are back in training have capacity to shoot up their CA... especially physicals.

Nope. Good thought, but almost all of them are with clubs. They don't harm anything, but it just seems a bit odd, especially as the ranged potentials are used more so for younger players. And as I mentioned, they are almost exclusively in smaller nations.