Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2017 17.3.0 Official Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Candre168 said:

This is not from 17.3 but I'd really appreciate an answer, I posted this in the other feedback thread:

 

I just completed my UEFA Pro licence, and all my managerial attributes increased except for defending, which went down by 1 point? Why is this? I pride my teams on being solid at the back, indeed this year we have by far the best defence record in the league despite having the second lowest wage budget.

Is it because my manager was not assuming defensive training responsibilities? I cannot figure it out.

Probably worth raising on the bugs forum ideally with a save game example so we can look into it and see. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neil Brock said:

Probably worth raising on the bugs forum ideally with a save game example so we can look into it and see. Thanks. 

Is it unheard of/irregular behaviour for the game for a manager to lose attribute points despite gaining reputation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kennedfn said:

The option is disappeared in the settings

Worth raising here so it's clear to us what the issue is exactly so we can help you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Candre168 said:

This is not from 17.3 but I'd really appreciate an answer, I posted this in the other feedback thread:

 

I just completed my UEFA Pro licence, and all my managerial attributes increased except for defending, which went down by 1 point? Why is this? I pride my teams on being solid at the back, indeed this year we have by far the best defence record in the league despite having the second lowest wage budget.

Is it because my manager was not assuming defensive training responsibilities? I cannot figure it out.

The areas you are training are the ones that improve so it makes sense that the ones you aren't using would degrade over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cougar2010 said:

The areas you are training are the ones that improve so it makes sense that the ones you aren't using would degrade over time.

This would make sense, but I was not using technical, mental, or goalkeepers and they improved by 1-2 points though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Candre168 said:

This would make sense, but I was not using technical, mental, or goalkeepers and they improved by 1-2 points though? 

Yeah when put like that it does seem odd.

As Neil has said stick it in the bugs forum for SI to check out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Yeah when put like that it does seem odd.

As Neil has said stick it in the bugs forum for SI to check out.

Raised it, thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this fixes the domination of Arsenal and ManU.. specially ManU taking every top regen which is unrealistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, kennedfn said:

The option is disappeared in the settings

It's never been in the settings for fm17... on any patch/update.

The only way it would have been is if you edited some panels in a xml config or something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mantorras77 said:

I noticed the ME version changed from 1703 to 1704 with this patch. So there were ME changes?

 

But the best way SI can judge where they are with it and cut through the confirmation bias etc is by not announcing what is changed and seeing what issues the user base finds naturally with the update.

 

So maybe there are changes.. play the game and see if you notice any issues still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally don't feel ME changes were needed. Nothing drastic enough to ruin the game anyway, it's fine as it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alerion said:

Can someone clarify if its just a transfer update or if certain players got up-/downgrades in skillevel aswell ?

 

Bonus points if someone would be kind enough to check if Jonatan Soriano is still at RB Salzburg (left on the 27th February to China). Thank you very much !

he is still at Salzburg when I just loaded a new Chinese league game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very glad there's no ME changes. It works well enough at the moment. It wouldn't be unheard of for SI to "fix" it, make it worse, refuse to release a further patch and ban anyone from reverting to the current perfectly functional version because reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SI you missed a lot of transfers in asia especially in south east asia, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, such as Jorge Pereyra DIaz is not in JDT anymore, and 60% of the rosters in indonesian clubs isn't yet updated, especially foreign players.
And some national team managers in asian countries has been change since early and middle of 2016, like Jørn Andersen now is managing North Korea National team, Otto Pfister is the new Afghanistan manager, Tom Saintfiet is not managing Bangladesh national team anymore and Luis Milla is already managing Indonesia but he is managing both senior team and U23 team, and he also bring his backroom staff in real zaragoza Miguel Gandia and Eduardo Perez Moran Gk coach of APOEL, also you didn't apply the new rule in indonesian league, i've already post about it in indonesia official league issue forum, and Problems about Bhayangkara FC has the history of Persebaya still not yet fixed, i also have already post about it in Indonesia official data issue forum. and player named Driss Fettouhi from morocco still have indonesian passport, check my post in here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bramcarella said:

SI you missed a lot of transfers in asia especially in south east asia, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, such as Jorge Pereyra DIaz is not in JDT anymore, and 60% of the rosters in indonesian clubs isn't yet updated, especially foreign players.
And some national team managers in asian countries has been change since early and middle of 2016, like Jørn Andersen now is managing North Korea National team, Otto Pfister is the new Afghanistan manager, Tom Saintfiet is not managing Bangladesh national team anymore and Luis Milla is already managing Indonesia but he is managing both senior team and U23 team, and he also bring his backroom staff in real zaragoza Miguel Gandia and Eduardo Perez Moran Gk coach of APOEL, also you didn't apply the new rule in indonesian league, i've already post about it in indonesia official league issue forum, and Problems about Bhayangkara FC has the history of Persebaya still not yet fixed, i also have already post about it in Indonesia official data issue forum. and player named Driss Fettouhi from morocco still have indonesian passport, check my post in here

Can you please post anything which is still wrong in 17.3.0 in the thread you've linked to above? Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bramcarella said:

SI you missed a lot of transfers in asia especially in south east asia, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, such as Jorge Pereyra DIaz is not in JDT anymore, and 60% of the rosters in indonesian clubs isn't yet updated, especially foreign players.
And some national team managers in asian countries has been change since early and middle of 2016, like Jørn Andersen now is managing North Korea National team, Otto Pfister is the new Afghanistan manager, Tom Saintfiet is not managing Bangladesh national team anymore and Luis Milla is already managing Indonesia but he is managing both senior team and U23 team, and he also bring his backroom staff in real zaragoza Miguel Gandia and Eduardo Perez Moran Gk coach of APOEL, also you didn't apply the new rule in indonesian league, i've already post about it in indonesia official league issue forum, and Problems about Bhayangkara FC has the history of Persebaya still not yet fixed, i also have already post about it in Indonesia official data issue forum. and player named Driss Fettouhi from morocco still have indonesian passport, check my post in here

Hi mate, I am the researcher for Laos and would like to ask if you have any suggestions with the Lao data. If you have any issues or suggestions regarding Laos then I would be happy for you to Private Message me with anything. Laos football is going through a bit of a crisis right now as most of the league's teams have withdrawn and 22 players have just been handed lifetime bans, however as it is all still up in the air at the moment then there is not much we can do until information has become more readily available. I have sent emails to people asking if they have any information regarding this situation, but no replies yet. I cannot comment for the other nations of South East Asia, but for the ones not represented in the game, I can forward any issues to my head researcher who would be able to input them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

I'm very glad there's no ME changes. It works well enough at the moment. It wouldn't be unheard of for SI to "fix" it, make it worse, refuse to release a further patch and ban anyone from reverting to the current perfectly functional version because reasons. 

I would be glad with ME changes because set pieces have been messed up and it was quite reported

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My save game from the previous version now takes drastically longer to load, the progress bar fills up quickly enough, but then the game gets 'stuck' on the loading screen for a couple of additional minutes, anyone else noticed this or is it only my file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dan9Maguire said:

It's a word I would use though - I have clearly said what I have to say. The injuries for most of the clubs haven't been done - for example at Barrow their goalkeeper Joel Dixon is out for the season yet this isn't on the game and this injury was before Christmas. Some of the players are highly underrated stats wise, I will use Barrow as an example again through Richard Bennett who has scored 10 goals this season yet is rated at best a lower North/South player. It's a poor reflection in my eyes.

All researchers perform their role for free so you could offer yourself to contribute else you in turn could be called exactly the same ;)

In terms of Joe Dixon how do you think the injury should be applied? The update only works for new games and you wont have a player injury set in the game to occur at a future date

In terms of under-rated players speak to the researcher for the relevant club / league and offer your thoughts. Don't be surprised though if others views are different to yours

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a weird change in my current save game. A bunch of my players with 18-19 determination, personality previously "Determined", have become "Driven". Change in personalities or bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Firehouse said:

Why is Alejandro Gomez only valued 900 euros?

You can get him for 1k lol. Big bug. Will post in bug section if I find more of this.

Seen this and though, oooh that would be a good bargain for my new Sunderland save. He's a winger and I don't play with wingers. I can't even benefit from bugs :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

So no ME changes until FM 18?

Thats very disappointing

I am actually very happy that SI hasn't made any ME changes. This is by far the best ME we've had and I think that no changes are needed at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of transfer update, all ı wonder about congested fixture is fixed or not. I just suspended my all saves due to this issue so far 😔😔😔😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alexivan said:

So, no match engine updates in a winter transfers update ? Is this a first for FM ?

Do you know what the Match Engine is? And I want more than yes for an answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Do you know what the Match Engine is? And I want more than yes for an answer

Cut out the attitude please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

What leagues were you encountering this in? 

This happens in the Republic Of Ireland's second season, I had Four home & away in a row and my last tree away it happens to a lesser extent elsewhere. Fixtures.htmlFixtures.htmlFixtures.htmlFixtures.html

Fixtures 2.htmlFixtures 2.html

Edited by Garethjohn79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Cut out the attitude please.

Well compile a thread explaining what the Match Engine is and it may help those who are posting regarding it that haven't got a clue what it is. You can in one swoop half the amount of threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gibraltar has 2 EL places in this update but also i saw Ideye still plays to Olympiakos(He sold in China for 13 milions)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dan9Maguire said:

It's a word I would use though - I have clearly said what I have to say. The injuries for most of the clubs haven't been done - for example at Barrow their goalkeeper Joel Dixon is out for the season yet this isn't on the game and this injury was before Christmas. Some of the players are highly underrated stats wise, I will use Barrow as an example again through Richard Bennett who has scored 10 goals this season yet is rated at best a lower North/South player. It's a poor reflection in my eyes.

Hi Dan - Richard Bennett had his CA boosted by 6 points and 9 of his attributes were improved so we did give him a boost. He had 8 goals at the time the file was out with our researcher and he noted Bennett's progress in his email update to us at SI. Given that he'd been playing at Level 8 for the past few years it's been a reasonable step up for him to the 5th tier. He's certainly not rated as a lower North/South player, his CA places him as a star player in our guidelines for the top sides in those leagues and a first-team player at a good level in the National League. In addition to Bennett, Barrow had 7 players CAs increased. We'd welcome any further feedback in the Barrow Data Issues thread. Thanks for the feedback, hope you enjoy the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked in the advanced rules for England, and I see some numbers changed regarding to the Brexit. The chance of changing the Bosman Rule has been changed from 10 to just 1 percent. Some other numbers have also been changed i think, but I'm not completely sure.

Can someone tell me how this update has affected Brexit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Well compile a thread explaining what the Match Engine is and it may help those who are posting regarding it that haven't got a clue what it is. You can in one swoop half the amount of threads.

When you demand things you may find most people here dont respond to such requests

I would be surprised if there are many people here who don't know what the match engine is, plenty though who don't understand exactly what it does. However for clarity, its the code that calculates and is responsible for playing out the match which is interpreted into  a graphical representation of the match subject to your selected viewing preference. Tactic changes, subs etc as you'd expect will be interpreted by the match engine. Play the same match twice or more and its unlikely you'll get exactly the same match played out, maybe results are the same, maybe not, but then thats football isn't it?

The latest update contains no confirmed  Match Engine (ME) updates 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda happy there's no ME changes because I'm not finding any particularly annoying bugs this year (unlike last year tbh - the wing play imbalances were driving me mad), and most of all because I'm doing well and this means I don't have to touch my tactics. :D

It's a really rather fun ME, FM17's. I think we've finally got something that is both more fun and more balanced than FM12 and I don't say that lightly. I've spent the last 5 years moaning really.

Edited by noikeee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Libertadores and brazilian teams are update aswell? Libertadores with the pré-libertadores, and no Mexicans teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the absence of (significant) ME changes means there's a (slight) overhaul ahead for FM18 regarding the tactical instructions and some of the flaws in that matter, like the link between compactness and creative freedom, the defensive positioning of the strikers, the width without possession etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the amount of own goals is bit too much, 6 own goals in a span of 15 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wells said:

I feel the amount of own goals is bit too much, 6 own goals in a span of 15 games.

Too small a sample size to be useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mantorras77 said:

I noticed the ME version changed from 1703 to 1704 with this patch. So there were ME changes?

So what are the changes and why it's not mentioned in the patch notes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate for my first comment on the new patch and update to be a compliant... but this honestly feels like deja vu from last year.

I was under the impression - perhaps mistakenly - that the reason the winter patch/update is later now is that the later closing dates of the transfer windows in Russia and China can be accommodated. But almost all of the transfers from late in the Russian window have been missed. I have spotted about 20 to 25 missed transfers. I would understand more if it was just transfers from the last day or two of the window, but I see some that were confirmed (on sites like Transfermarkt) on the same days as other transfers from bigger leagues that are in the data. So it ends up looking like Russian somehow just got ignored. Again.

What makes it frustrating was that the same thing happened last year. I don't think it was nearly as many missed transfers last year.

I completely understand that Russia is far from the most popular or important league in the database. But some of us do enjoy managing there. And look forward to the data update. And seeing the plethora of missed transfers completely kills that excitement.

Sorry for the complaints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, edk77 said:

So what are the changes and why it's not mentioned in the patch notes?

There were no AI changes, that's why it's not been mentioned. Only issues of note have been mentioned in the patch notes, it's not an exhaustive list and it isn't possible to provide one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

I hate for my first comment on the new patch and update to be a compliant... but this honestly feels like deja vu from last year.

I was under the impression - perhaps mistakenly - that the reason the winter patch/update is later now is that the later closing dates of the transfer windows in Russia and China can be accommodated. But almost all of the transfers from late in the Russian window have been missed. I have spotted about 20 to 25 missed transfers. I would understand more if it was just transfers from the last day or two of the window, but I see some that were confirmed (on sites like Transfermarkt) on the same days as other transfers from bigger leagues that are in the data. So it ends up looking like Russian somehow just got ignored. Again.

What makes it frustrating was that the same thing happened last year. I don't think it was nearly as many missed transfers last year.

I completely understand that Russia is far from the most popular or important league in the database. But some of us do enjoy managing there. And look forward to the data update. And seeing the plethora of missed transfers completely kills that excitement.

Sorry for the complaints

Thanks for the feedback, naturally there are changes that are made past a cut off data where we can't make any more changes. As for the ones that were missed from earlier dates it would be helpful if you could highlight some of those on our data forum: https://community.sigames.com/forum/324-database-and-research-issues/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you anticipate there being further substantive updates to the game, or barring any major issues are you now starting work on FM18?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Canaries Fan said:

Do you anticipate there being further substantive updates to the game, or barring any major issues are you now starting work on FM18?

Work has already begun for FM18 for some. We have always stuck to the Winter Transfer Update as being the last major update. Certain critical issues we would look to address generally speaking where required as has been in the case in the past. But no plans have been made at this point, the update has only been out for a few hours it's far too early to speculate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I've downloaded the 17.3 patch, unfortunately after the upgrade it's become impossible to start FM. I've tried to delete and download FM from the start, but the problem insists. When I start FM, after the starting images, no menu and a grey little square on the left in a black background. Help me please! Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Carlitos Way said:

Hello, I've downloaded the 17.3 patch, unfortunately after the upgrade it's become impossible to start FM. I've tried to delete and download FM from the start, but the problem insists. When I start FM, after the starting images, no menu and a grey little square on the left in a black background. Help me please! Thank you

Please post here for PC technical issues: https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/

Or Max/Linux : https://community.sigames.com/forum/514-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-mac-or-linux/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm quite happy without ME changes if become worst. There are still some minor tweaks to improve a bit i think. Maybe they will consider some day release a last patch to improve it,who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Gibraltar has 2 EL places in this update but also i saw Ideye still plays to Olympiakos(He sold in China for 13 milions)...

Ideye's transfer was only confirmed yesterday. As recently as the day before, Tianjin Teda's coach was refusing to confirm the deal had been completed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah I've found out about this. Unfortunately due to the nature of the scheduling code we were unable to make the major changes necessary to fix this given the large number of potential knock-ons which could arise from doing so. Instead a number of minor changes have been made to hopefully improve the area whilst anything else would need to be a newly integrated feature in a future version. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to raise this and hope you understand why this decision was made. Thanks. 

Very disappointing but thanks for letting me know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...