Sports Interactive Community
bentom

Player & staff names have all changed!?

I saved my game and everything was normal. When loaded the game up again after a laptop update all the player and staff names have changed to fake names!?

Please help, how can I get all the real names back!?

On 01/03/2017 at 21:35, Lucas Weatherby said:

Are you running 17.3?

Yes I am...

3 minutes ago, bentom said:

Yes I am...

Do you have a save from a previous point before the error occurred? Do you have anti virus installed?

13 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Do you have a save from a previous point before the error occurred? Do you have anti virus installed?

No I don't have a previous save before the error occurred. Yes I run an anti virus but have run the same one on this and all previous manager games & saves and have never encountered this before? 

Just now, bentom said:

Yes I run an anti virus but have run the same one on this and all previous manager games & saves and have never encountered this before? 

Anti virus software is updated near constantly in order to be effective and not useless at what it is designed for and protect you. You should check that it is correctly configured so that it doesn't interfere with games like FM: 

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news in this instance but you will need a save from before the error occurs to continue without the issue. You can try uploading the save to our FTP and we can confirm whether the issue appears on our end as well.