Reserve team tactics

Yes it is possible to use the same tactics across each of the "teams" whether it be reserves, under 23's etc.

The option I believe is under staff responsibilities. Which you will find by going into the Staff Icon on the sidebar, and then on that screen you will see the the option to change staff responsibilities, and from there you can select which responsibilities you would like to change, there are some for each section e.g  personal assistant, reserves, etc. You are then available to delegate certain tasks to such as who controls training, and more importantly for you instruct that reserves and youth teams use the same tactics as your first team.

Edited by OCD

Sorry my mistake. I should have checked what forum I was in before posting. I posted (by reflex) what you would do in the full game. For your peace of mind though the PC and IOS versions of FM Touch are identical in terms of features, bar the option of being able to remove restrictions" and add more leagues in the pc version which would then disable the cross-save functionality across devices.

I've just checked and in the staff tab there are no options to adjust responsibilities. It's actually my Head of Youth development that is incharge of the reserves, and there are no options available to me in terms of adjusting his responsibilities. For example I can instruct my assistant manager to handle opposition instructions or not from the "actions" drop down.

Anyway if I go to the reserves tab and tactics, then I can see that the reserves use the same formation and team instructions. My save is actually Ligue 1 so I had to manually arrange Friendly fixtures, but they appeared to use the same formation (4-2-3-1) as the first team in their matches.

Out of curiosity if you go to your reserves tab, and then tactics, is your formation and team instructions different to your first team?

Here is a screenshot of my first team and reserves tactics:

image1.png

image2.png

Edited by OCD

My reserves tactics says the same thing as my first team, but my analysis says something far different. As you see, my main tactic is 4-3-3, but the analysis says they're using only a 4-4-2.

IMG_0072.PNG

IMG_0073.PNG

Edited by PeeDub

• 3 years later...

I have this same problem in FM20 with my reserve team (currently, I'm playing in MLS with LAFC, so my reserve team is LAFC II). I see two tactics with my reserves, and the one from my main team is highlighted, but this is not what the team actually uses.

I've played with this team for 4 years now and I think it is impacting my ability to train new positions. I use wingbacks and they are played as fullbacks in the reserves.