List of add ons that have been checked?

It seems as though im going to have to start all over again as game crashes in Jan of first season, ive been advised to take out all the add ons etc, but this will make the game less enjoyable and Im wondering if anyone has a list of tried and tested. I like playing with lots of leagues and Sort it out SI  stuff. Logos and Skins, oh and pre season cups!, and I love all the work that people do, but what is the test to see if these add ons are crashing the game, how do I find out.

Any help would be lovely, cheers

It's extremely unlikely that graphical add-ons will cause your savegame to crash if they are installed correctly. Which is a big if ;)

Are you using a skin which is not the default one? Try using the default one, without removing any other graphical downloads, and see if the issue persists. If it does, try removing the graphics folder and see whether you still have problems.

Bear in mind, though, that, since you mention " crashes in match when red card and sub stuff going on, " then it may well be that the issue is save-game related...

If the game is crashing, it isn't going to be anything to do with skins.  Pretty easy to see what area is going on...

9 hours ago, wilkiburger14 said:

It seems as though im going to have to start all over again as game crashes in Jan of first season, ive been advised to take out all the add ons etc, but this will make the game less enjoyable and Im wondering if anyone has a list of tried and tested. I like playing with lots of leagues and Sort it out SI  stuff. Logos and Skins, oh and pre season cups!, and I love all the work that people do, but what is the test to see if these add ons are crashing the game, how do I find out.

Any help would be lovely, cheers

It's the edited files.  It's always the edited files.  You're saying it crashes in January of the first season.  So load up the game and exclude the files one by one until it passes by that date.  Then go to whoever wrote that file and get them to fix it.

Unless you run with nothing added whatsoever and it still crashes, it isn't really SI's responsibility.  As soon as you add an edited file, you're at the mercy of whoever wrote it.

As mentioned already you're using third party tools that are not supported so you're very unlikely to get any official support on these forums.

However the chances of facepacks, logos, and kits causing a save game to crash are unlikely.

As already mentioned it is likely to be any files you put in the editor folder and then select at the start of a save.

I would try and remove and editor data first and see if your game crashes, if it still does, then by all means remove the other elements one by one.

Unfortunately it is going to be near enough impossible for anyone to guess what is causing the issue due to the fact that you are using so many third party add ons, so it's a case of removing one by one until you find the issue, or alternatively you could remove every add on, and then see if the game crashes, as there's a small chance it could actually be a bug, and in that case SI would need to provide assistance.

To the OP, if you are going to take the editor files one-by-one, start with the one that changes the most in terms of competition rules.  It's very likely that's where the error is, and the more competitions that are changed, the more chance it's causing the crash.  

Archived