Player Coaching Courses

There is n option to speak to players about future plans.

I seen an SI employee state on a thread about the beta that the option to send on a coaching course comes up for players who are 28 or over subject to a few other conditions.

If anyone can shed any light on what these conditions are that would be great.

I have literally 10 players that I cannot c=train to be coaches that are 28 or over.

I do however have Begovic my sub keeper who I'm able to train.

I  used to be able to have unto three plyers training at the same time now I have this issue.

Previously if the player said they had no interest in taking up a role within football or similar I would have the option to ask my board but they would refuse as the player does not have an interest in pursuing coaching or similar.

Advice Page.jpg

Nope only difference is that he has a staff profile now and is studying for his continental C.

Only other thing could be that the board for one reason or another will only allow one player at a time to be trained but I don't know why.

I will check once he finishes his coaching badge but seems like it may be a bug unless somebody else can shed some more light on the situation.

If it was the budget I would still be able to offer to send on a coaching course and the board would refuse due to the financial restraints.

Just seems like the option is not being generated any more.

Hopping onto this slightly - it's kind of related, I have found in my spurs save that my board will only let one staff member go on a course at any one time, if I try and send another I get the message that "the current workload is too heavy" but then they won't let me hire any more coaches because they feel we have enough..  :seagull:

so it might just be a limit of one at a time.

That would be fair enough if I got a message from my board which I used to get but now the option does not even appear saying send on coaching course.

So my board do not even get the chance to reject it for any reason.

If somebody from SI could shed some light that would be great.

• SI Staff
On 26/02/2017 at 15:29, Mrlee.1986 said:

Hopping onto this slightly - it's kind of related, I have found in my spurs save that my board will only let one staff member go on a course at any one time, if I try and send another I get the message that "the current workload is too heavy" but then they won't let me hire any more coaches because they feel we have enough..  :seagull:

so it might just be a limit of one at a time.

There is not a limit on how many coaches you can send on a course at once. The board rejecting for workload reasons seems valid to me does not seem a good enough reason to hire more. You'd then be oversubscribed once the coaches return from the course. I'd imagine if you carry on improving the club you will eventually be able to hire more coaches. Additionally, try sending coaches on courses during the off-season, your chances of it going through are improved as training is suspended (as with your own chances of having a course funded).

• SI Staff
16 hours ago, gerddi said:

That would be fair enough if I got a message from my board which I used to get but now the option does not even appear saying send on coaching course.

So my board do not even get the chance to reject it for any reason.

If somebody from SI could shed some light that would be great.

There are a few conditions in addition to the 28 year old stipulation. What could be holding this one up is either no interest from the player's point of view or the player currently being of too high an importance/status.

20 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

The board rejecting for workload reasons seems valid to me does not seem a good enough reason to hire more. 

Maybe I'm thick, maybe I'm just thinking real life logic, but if the workload is too heavy, that (to me) means there's too much work and not enough staff.. So by telling me the workload is too heavy, isn't that basically saying we need more staff? 

2 minutes ago, Mrlee.1986 said:

Maybe I'm thick, maybe I'm just thinking real life logic, but if the workload is too heavy, that (to me) means there's too much work and not enough staff.. So by telling me the workload is too heavy, isn't that basically saying we need more staff? 

i think you are supposed to have enough staff when they arent on courses. sending some one away will change that. like if you go to work, you are probably staffed to what your jobs are. but if some one you work with goes part time, then you will struggle to cover his work right?

5 hours ago, lemeuresnew said:

i think you are supposed to have enough staff when they arent on courses. sending some one away will change that. like if you go to work, you are probably staffed to what your jobs are. but if some one you work with goes part time, then you will struggle to cover his work right?

Fair point, however if you have 20/25 coaches, just one member going off shouldn't make the workload heavy.. I can understand that at a lower league club, but - as the op is Man Utd, and I'm spurs, neither are "small" clubs - just one person being "off" shouldn't make that much of a difference 

The fact that the player may be too important to the team may be valid as I have a pretty small first team squad at the moment.

I am however surprised the option ' Send on Coaching Course' is not there though.

I would imagine that the board would reject it for that reason.

I am not aware how SI intended this to work within game mechanics though.

Archived