English Player Concern

nextqprmanager

I don`t know about you `the players`, but scouting and looking around for Players - wonderkids etc., most good players` seem not to be English or British. It is a real concern for the future of our game. Even when I find good English players, they are really expensive. Unless you have the answers ?.

Currently, I have Grant Hall, Jack Robinson, Nedum Onuoha & Zach Clough - barely Prem quality, not world-beaters. Does not bode well for the National Team.

What are your best English player ?

Thanks in advance

It's well known british players, and english ones, in particular are expensive..

The only way to counter this is getting them in <16 years old and therefore for compensation..

That said, there are plenty of talented british players around, not sure how it bodes badly for the national team in game/

At Chelsea at the moment, second season I play Lewis Baker quite a bit, Nat Chalobah and Tammy Abraham. Baker is playing really well as a roaming midfielder, Chalobah is in/out the games depending on who we are playing. (I also have Neves and Kante. And with Abraham he gets a few minutes here and there. Played him in the League Cup final and managed to score his first 2 goals for the club. Expecting big things from all 3. 

Loftus-Cheek I got rid of. Same with Todd Kane. Both not bad players.  

There are multiple factors involved. England has PLENTY of youth players with random range potential that can see them have relatively high potential in any given game. A player does not need to have 180+ plus potential to develop into a world class player. But its random, so it varies game to game. That said, potential won't guarantee that they develop to that level. It obviously depends on how often they play, their personality, coaching, facilities, etc. I don't think its a matter of SI putting less English youth of quality in the game - rather that the game, emulating English club realities, doesn't do a fantastic job of focusing on developing those youth, when compared to other nations.

Small example, but I often run test soaks and look at youth development by the AI. Sometimes its testing editor files or whatever, sometimes just to see what nationalities produce some great regens. Bayern Munich and Manchester United consistently seem to produce regens of fantastic quality, amongst some other clubs. But what I've noticed is that Bayern tends to do a better job of developing them. They will often loan the player out for a year at 18, start giving them match time at 19, and they have developed into world class stars by 20 or 21 years old. United, perhaps in part because of Mourinho and his preferences, doesn't seem to do the same and the high potential regen there doesn't develop as much or as quickly.

Archived