Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nazdroid

How should I prepare for Brexit?

I understand there are 3 options for brexit. I'm worried about enjoying a good save then brexit comes along and I get the 'hardest' one which ruins my save. So, i'm looking to know what exactly happens with the 'hard' brexit and how can I prepare for it?

Two other questions I have are:

• If I have foreign players already in my team with contracts, what will happen to them?
  • Will the limit to number of foreign players change? if so, how many?
  • Can I not sign any foreign players at all? 
  • What should I do in the years before Brexit happens?

Cheers!

To be honest I've only seen two outcomes.

The first one was just that Britain has left, but everything is still the same.

The second one I saw was the UK have left and Gibraltar elected to stay in the EU. As a result every player coming into the UK needs a work permit and the ones currently playing in the UK have been given special status where they do not need a work permit.

The only thing that was really different was that the Bosman ruling had been scraped.

Like Jordan said, it's pointless to prepare for any eventuality because there's only a 1 in 3 chance of that eventuality happening.  There's a 2 in 3 in chance that it won't.  Just wait to see what happens then go from there.

i think the simplest way to look at it is this - only buy expensive foreigners if they are going to be in the first team. 

a youngster that can only get a 2 or 3 year contract will not be able to renew the contract if he isn't playing enough international games. how many youngsters brake into a top nation in game? big risk

1 hour ago, lemeuresnew said:

i think the simplest way to look at it is this - only buy expensive foreigners if they are going to be in the first team. 

So if I buy a foreigner before Brexit happens, they won't be affected when Brexit stars?

4 minutes ago, Nazdroid said:

So if I buy a foreigner before Brexit happens, they won't be affected when Brexit stars?

It would appear anything before brexit is fine.

The rules only affect you after brexit happens.

15 minutes ago, Nazdroid said:

not when it starts, but they will be effected as soon as they need to renew there contract. so like i said, be careful of youths that may not be good enough for there nation. why risk paying large sums of money for some one you have a 1/3 at best chance of keeping a year later?

Isn't there also a very small chance of a Brexit result that ends with Scotland leaving the UK or did I imagine that one?

Anyway as others said I wouldn't worry too much about it at the start it varies what and when happens, one save I spent a fortune building a good all British team in preparation for Brexit and got the nothing really changes one the top level players were fine but the midlevel ones I brought in just for post brexit selling made it a bust.

8 hours ago, carlmiles1879 said:

Isn't there also a very small chance of a Brexit result that ends with Scotland leaving the UK or did I imagine that one?

Yep, that can happen, as can Northern Ireland leaving the UK.