AMC behind lone forward

Can we have a discussion about this?

I've run into some problems, although i admit my FW aren't the greatest (AM on the other hand are good).

What i have found so far:

Forward on (A) duty plays very isolated in less than Fluid shapes. But, even then (fluid/v.fluid), he is pretty far from his AM partner. This is obvious from their mentality bars too. My most recent effort to bring them together was AM -> trequartista role. That ups the mentality very near to the forward's, but still doesn't make attacking runs. Early results: fail. I still can't wrap my head around these attacking - but not attacking roles

Forward on (S) duty with AM on (A). This works best when there is some space these two can make the hang-back-go-forward trick to work. So lowish mentalities and balanced or lower shape

I can recommend a CF(S) partnered with a AM(A) in a balanced/fluid combination. Seems to work very well for me with both players being my leading goalscorers for my team. Though I have noticed that they perfectly compliment each others player and when one of them is out the other one suffers. But essentially I have a large targetman like ST with good linkup play and strength to hold the line and the AM(C) who is very fast, agile and great finishing running beyond him. Works very well for me! 

Every possible combo can work depending what you use out wide or behind them with TI/PI.

Who is your main goal-getter... how do you want to supply him?

Lone strikers on attack aren't isolated if you have winger/s on attack ... as wingers will look to get to the byline. Or you play a slow tempo build up the team will have time to get up in support of the striker. You can use fluid to make the team more compact or you can have more attack duties in midfield with PI to get further forward etc.

Did you forget target man option.  You could assign your full backs and wingers to pass directly to target man in player instructions.  Only thing you want to make sure is that your target man has reasonable stats.  Then you could tweak your AMC to supply to him as well.  Again tweak AMC individual instructions and your target man's run into space.   Again does he have good enough pace etc.

Archived