Director of Football Issues

I´m currently playing FM16 and noticed that my DoF has been acting rather weirdly. Whenever I add a player to the ¨Transfer Target¨ list all my DoF seems to do is offer a bid of 0GBP for the player, even though the player in question is worth roughly 5 million. Obviously the bid fails and the DoF reports back to me saying it was not possible to arrange a transfer at that time. This has happened on a couple of occasions on my save with different players. 

I´m not too sure why he is offering 0 GBP for the player, when I have 17 million GBP in the transfer budget and my scouts believe would be very interested in joining us and the club would be willing to sell the player for around 10 million GBP. After my DoF failed I tried bidding for the player myself and had a bid successfully accepted  and successfully negotiated a contract.

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem and if so how they had fixed it? Or is it a bug?

Could it be your DoF isn't up to the job & he needs replacing?

He could not rate the player & not see him as a worthwhile signing? Or is the players contract running out soon & he feels that his true value is less than his market value? So trying to get him on the cheap?!?

21 hours ago, Tipps said:

Could it be your DoF isn't up to the job & he needs replacing?

He could not rate the player & not see him as a worthwhile signing? Or is the players contract running out soon & he feels that his true value is less than his market value? So trying to get him on the cheap?!?

I don´t think so. His stats seem pretty reasonable for a DoF. I believe the player still had another 18 months or so to go on his contract. They player was considered quite an important member of the team, so I don´t think getting him on the cheap (especially for 0) was ever going to work. 

Like I said he has done it other times too with different players. Though my previous DoF at my previous club seemed to work quite well. Weird. 

Archived