Losing form in march/april

Hi,

I'm long time FM player, since 2005. I have problem in last few versions, but especially in 2017. My team losing form in march and april. I think is tactical or training problem. I playing one tactic all season and my tactic working perfect. Last time, when i was played Atletico i loosing little numbers of goals, but when the march has started i have started to losing many goals and i lost the tittle in the result. Always i swiching training from hard to the medium and low in the end of the season, but it not helps. I don't have idea where the problem is, but it kills all the joy of the game.  I hope that you can help me. :)

Sorry for my bad English 
Regards,

Simon.

4 hours ago, Simon_2017 said:

Hi,

I'm long time FM player, since 2005. I have problem in last few versions, but especially in 2017. My team losing form in march and april. I think is tactical or training problem. I playing one tactic all season and my tactic working perfect. Last time, when i was played Atletico i loosing little numbers of goals, but when the march has started i have started to losing many goals and i lost the tittle in the result. Always i swiching training from hard to the medium and low in the end of the season, but it not helps. I don't have idea where the problem is, but it kills all the joy of the game.  I hope that you can help me. :)

Sorry for my bad English 
Regards,

Simon.

Best thing to do would be to read the pinned threads in the Tactics forum.  :thup:

6 hours ago, Simon_2017 said:

Hi,

Sorry for my bad English 
Regards,

Simon.

Several things can cause this I guess.

1. Do you rotate players? They could be getting jaded by the end of the season, or are just more fatigued.

2. Are you challenging for the title? Perhaps they are feeling the pressure of winning, and this can lead to poor performances if not managed well (I suck at taking the pressure off my teams).

3. Are teams playing differently against you because you have been overly successful? 

As Hunter says, making a post on the tactics forum could be helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to refresh this topic, because problem was reapeted again. In 2020 year in my career i moved from Atletico to Liverpool FC and spend two good first seasons. In first season i finished 7th starting from 18th. In second season i finished 3rd and won European League.  Third season was very promising because i have completed great team with Diego Costa as the forward and some good newgens. First part of the season was really great. I lost only one game and got 11 points advantage on the second team. Unfortunately on dec/jan my team lost form. The form crysis started when i lost against Man Utd at home and my team can't grow up again. At the result, i finished 5th. Very bad finish, because i was first on the table in december with big advantage, my team was very strong team just had to win the tittle... Just something bad happened with my team, in february i can't won ANY game.

1. I was rotating players very often. Rotation is my favourite method of keep players happy.

2. Yes i was challenging for the title. Maybe i did some mistakes with motivational talk ?

3. I playing very offensive, because when i playing defensive i also loosing, but 0-1, not 3-4. Anyways i was conceded many goals with these tactics...

I like to show you four screenshots. Two with first and second part of the season, and two with my most commonly used tactics.

I hope you can help me any way, because i don't like this situation again because is very frustrating when you creating your team step by step and then you loosing chance of the tittle because some stupid lost games.

Regards.

first part.jpg

second part.jpg

tactis.jpg

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 17:30, sporadicsmiles said:

3. Are teams playing differently against you because you have been overly successful?

22 minutes ago, Simon_2017 said:

3. I playing very offensive, because when i playing defensive i also loosing, but 0-1, not 3-4. Anyways i was conceded many goals with these tactics...

This is going to be a fairly large part of your problem.  As you become successful other teams can begin to play more conservatively against you, perhaps in a more defensive manner.  So the space your team used to enjoy at the start of the season could no longer be there for them to use.  Worse, because you are still playing so offensively, you are leaving yourself open at the back which your opponents can start to use - especially with counter attacks, balls over the top and/or through balls.  Thus you may end up scoring fewer goals but conceding more.

This doesn't mean you need to start playing defensively, but a more cautious approach can help.  Dropping your defensive line, lowering mentality, altering team shape, selecting different player roles/duties are some of the ways you can go about this.  And different options can work under different circumstances, so it's about finding the right way to adapt.

Archived