Regen faces are unacceptable!!!

b28937

Regen faces have never been good for SI, but this year it's outrageous how hideous they look.  I have 17 year olds with receding hairlines and they look like FREAKS out of a zombie movie.  Just on my little under-19 team alone, I have a couple players with the exact same face and hair.  The two are indistinguishable.  SI needs to get this right.  They are going backward.  The regen faces look worse and worse every year.

Compare this to OOTP which uses the same technology.  There, they have historical facepacks with using the same facegen technology where every player has a facegen that looks just like they did in real life.  The faces change with age and show emotion if they're happy or mad.  Even in fictional leagues, every player has a realistic looking face.

SI has tons more money than OOTP.  There's no excuse for SI to put out regen faces like it did this year.  I can't believe any of the developers didn't say, wow we have a real problem here, we need to fix it.  Clearly they looked at it and just didn't care.  You want us to buy a new version every year with minor and mostly cosmetic changes, fine, but put a little effort into the faces.  I know you can turn them off, which you almost have to because they look like crazed ZOMBIES, but we shouldn't have to turn them off because SI decides it doesn't care.

What really makes no sense is they add this manager thing where you can add your face and supposedly make the manager look like you.  Sure, it does when you are doing the creation part, but during the matches they don't look like anything.  The only thing that distinguishes one from the other is the type of suit/tie, etc, which almost all are the same anywhere.  This "feature" is nothing, a complete fraud.

As I read the threads, SI change things so people can't even mod the faces to get decent looking regens like in previous versions.

SI get it together here.  It's unacceptable for such a big company to put NO EFFORT into this and make it not just not so good, BUT ABSOLUTELY HORRIFYINGLY TERRIBLE.

If OOTP can do it, SI can do it - and should be able to do it 10x better.  Instead, SI isn't even in the same ballpark.  The whole thing is just unacceptable.

I'm sure 100s of people already made this rant because the faces are so sickening, but it needs to be made again and again until SI puts some effort and resources into it.  It's simple technology.  There's just no excuse.

On 25/02/2017 at 20:44, BAD-RELIGION said:

I just don't understand why they change what is already good. Where there is so many bad things that they can improve/change.

I don't think the newgen faces were ever good enough tbf. For a game in 2017, we should be getting much higher quality of newgens. Seeing 16 year old's look like the way they do is simply unacceptable. 

On 2/25/2017 at 00:46, Preveza said:

I think they got everyone's drift. Expect huge changes for FM18 in this department. Let's hope a 16 year old doesn't look like my father

My worry is they got everyone's drift but actually don't care.  If they cared at all, this year's regens wouldn't look like they do.  It's totally unacceptable.  It's inexplicable.  It's malpractice.

We can only wait and find out. Lot's of other areas of the game lack the polish also. Seeing the same news in my inbox over and over again regarding my player about to break the goals record etc is so annoying. Little things like this show lack of detail. But Im hoping either a patch or next year's game change all this for the better. But yeah, newgen faces need to be improved dramatically to say the least. Seeing a receding hairline on a 16 year old with orange eyes? Righto

• HUNT3R locked this topic

Archived