Ive reached a point in my season where all my players are returning from injury and are available but it has increased my salary to $4,050,000 and the MLS cap is $3,500,000.  I received a message from my board that I can use my General Allocation Funds to lower my cap but I do not know how to do that.  Any advice on how?

14 hours ago, Ute1972 said:

Ive reached a point in my season where all my players are returning from injury and are available but it has increased my salary to $4,050,000 and the MLS cap is $3,500,000.  I received a message from my board that I can use my General Allocation Funds to lower my cap but I do not know how to do that.  Any advice on how?

There's a slider on Player > Contract Info that can be used to lower a player's cap impact

I have used what General Allocation Money I have to bring my squad salary down to $3,950,00 but the maximum for MLS is $3,650,000 I cannot register my team because I am over the  cap. I have 3 more games left to go in the season.  I know I can waive players and cut them at the season end but that wont allow me to continue with the end of my season.  What else can I do?

14 hours ago, Ute1972 said:

I have used what General Allocation Money I have to bring my squad salary down to $3,950,00 but the maximum for MLS is $3,650,000 I cannot register my team because I am over the  cap. I have 3 more games left to go in the season.  I know I can waive players and cut them at the season end but that wont allow me to continue with the end of my season.  What else can I do?

You shouldn't have been able to go over the cap without sufficient General Allocation Money. Could you add a save where you're under the cap and then let us know how you got over it here please; 

I was not able to fix my Cap issue but I was able to finish my season all be it I had to forfeit the rest of my games.  I noticed that in Pre match Preview for team selection there is a tab that you can click that will give you a quick pick selection.  It does fill your team selection but with generic players so you are basically playing without your squad.  Even without that option the schedule was difficult because I was matched with the tougher teams in the MLS West. KC Portland Seattle and Dallas. All of the teams I struggled to beat and the beginning of the season. I went from 3rd place to 8th place and out of the playoffs so I ended my season the way I started it.  Loosing.  Not having a knowledge of all the details of the game cost me going to the playoffs as a first year manager but it was a learning lesson that I hopefully will not repeat. 

Archived