The All-New FMCU Mini-Updates Thread

deltablue

1 hour ago, kingjericho said:

The squad rules in Moldova seem similar to Romania's. In fact, they seem even more rigid. I managed there and it was a struggle to keep two U21 players in the starting XI at all times.

Your focus on youth facilities seems like the best option, I'd go for that as well. Plus, if you can sell some of those guys with future transfer clauses at 50% there's some good money to be made :D 

I like the squad ruling as it gives youth the chance. The two players that were my U19s are now over-age so I've had to promote within. They're both 17 and good prospects. I've sold Brezovec to make way for one of them which gives me chance to improve another position with a foreign player. I've searched every club for Moldovan talent coming through but there isn't much unless I wanted to pay near on a million for a 3.5 star potential player.

I'm going to do a squad update with some screenshots this afternoon.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheriff's 2021 Mid-Season Update

We're 13 games into our 5th season and we've won all 13 to top the table by 16 points already, We've scored amaazing 50 goals and only conceded six, our last game also saw us record our biggest even win with a 9-1 win over Dacia. We made four signings in total, all four are youth players, two from Russia who compliment reserve side, a Moldovan GK who I signed from Romanian side Viitorul for 195k and a 16 year old from amatuer side Bolduresti who is pretty rubbish.

Squad wise we're down to five foreign players in the starting XI, so we have scope to bring a couple more in if we really need to strengthen. The centre back pairing of Kleimenov and Oliveira have been immense with average ratings of 7.83 and 7.92. Youth player Shestako, who came through in our 2018 intake has stepped in to take the mantel of the U21 player and performing well, whilst improving also. Attack wise, Andronic from AMC has assisted nine goals, whilst wingers Gradinaru and Reabciuk have been brilliant with 16 goals and 16 assists between them. Star of the show is Postolachi, who has scored 18 goals in the 13 league games.

Athletico Madrid won the Champions League against Benfica with Griezmann netting the winner. Leverkusen won the Europa League defeating Monaco 3-1. The Moldovan Divizia Nationala has moved up 3 places to 43rd in the European Rankings. Whilst the club has moved 20 places to 82nd in the rankings. Finances are sitting at 18.5m.

I've reached the promised land! Champions League group stages, won't tell too much but 11m into the coffers. We have a tough group so not expecting too many points, if any. I've made a decent signing of a foreign player too in Kenneth Omeruo who is predominently a CB but will play RB, he cost me 1.9m. We recently had the international call-ups where we had 35 players called up for the all the age groups, a new record.

Edit: Just sold another player to PSG. Evariste Tchetgna goes for 1m + 50% Sell on. Not bad for someone I signed for 5k. Just checked how Yao is getting on and he is now worth 3m and an Ivorian International.

Sheriff 2021 Squad Update

We line up in 4-2-3-1 formation, the below eleven players are the first choice team.

GK - Bledar Hajdini - Signed from Kosovan side Trepca '89 for 200k

RB - Kenneth Omeruo - Most recent signing from Marsielle for my club record of 1.9m, hefty wages and playing out of position but a statement of intent.

CB - Anton Kleimenov - Signed from division rivals Zaria for 525k, solid and improved dramatically into a international role albeit at LB.

CB - Victor Oliveira - One of the originals, the Brazilian is average at best but averaging 7.90 for the season so far.

LB - Sandi Coralic - Signed from Olimpija in Slovenia for 525k. Consistent performer at around 7.5 average rating.

MC - Artur Shestako - Promoted this season into a starting role after progressing through from the 2018 Youth Intake. Improved and recently called up to the National side

MC - Marko Docic - Signed for 215k in 2018 from Cukaricki in Serbia, playing at a Mezzala he has scored 32 goals in 140 games.

AMR - Razvan Gradinaru - Signed from Romanian side Concordia for 500k, hes contributed 36 goals and 42 assists in two and a half seasons so far.

AMC - Gheorghe Andronic - Playing the Advanced Playmaker role he's mainly been back up but filled the void this season with 9 goals and 13 assists so far.

AML - Oleg Reabciuk - A converted LB, the former Porto player was signed for 1.2m after 3 seasons of loans. 41 goals and 40 assists make him a prize player.

ST - Virgiliu Postolachi - Tracked this guy for a while before the DoF signed him on a free from PSG. 90 goals in 91 games since signing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, posting here because new threads get to be tiring.

My first two games in charge of Hapoel Katamon in the Liga Leumit went well. Won 1-0 and 2-0 in the League Cup, which is only for 2nd division sides. We're pretty much guranteed progression to the knockout phase with just 1 game left to play. I'm keeping my feet on the ground though, don't wanna mess it up as always.

• 2 weeks later...

I landed a new job in Turkey, with Trabzonspor.

I had already eyed this job before, after I left Romania and Netherlands IIRC. Managing in Turkey is a first for me, and I'm pleased to be in this club because the legend Oscar Cardozo played there after he left Benfica. One of my favourite players of all time :) 

I haven't played a match yet, although I fear that I'll have to try a new tactic, because I only have a pair of wingers, who are key players in my 4-4-2. Plus, they're not that good. I think I'll try a 3-5-2 and I'll use the remaining half-season to make some deals for good wingers, and get rid of the too many DM/CM the squad has at the moment.

So finished my second season with AC London and it was another excellent one with a second successive title, we made hard work of it, we leapt to the top of the table to be pegged back as we jostled with eventual runners-up Chessington & Hook and fellow promoted team Badshot Lea who finished third. We scored 132 goals in 42 games, conceding 54 and achieved 101 points. We made a number of signings through the season but lost a fair few of them as clubs recognised their form but it was last season deadly duo of Haworth (youth player from start of game) and Djalo (Guinea-Bissau national who started at the club too) who scored 26 and 31 league goal each. We lost arguably our best player, the former Spurs youth team winger Jesse Waller-Lassen who scored 20 goals and made 29 assists before being poached by Virginia Water. 

We reached the final of the FA Vase and infront of 467 fans at Wembley (far too little) we lost on penalties to Durham City after a 2-2 draw. Three days later we ventured to Woking's Kingfield Stadium where we lifted the Combined Counties League Cup with a 2-1 win over Bedfont Sport. We had some big wins over the course of the season, 8-1 over Clevedon in the Vase, 8-2 and 8-0 over Colliers Wood and Godalming and the 11-1 over North Greenwood in the league. 

Staff wise we brought in Guillem Balague as DoF (for a laugh) and Wayne Shaw of Sutton fame as GK Coach. We lost one staff member Richard Bunting to who I shockingly thought was Bournemouth in the Premiership but looking further it was Bournemouth FC in the Wessex League.

Finances almost doubled this season thanks to the Vase cup run, gaining 30k for losing in the final. We are in the process of becoming a semi-pro club which will help with keeping players but will ultimately cost us money. The board also decided that we would build our own stadium with a capacity of 1300. It will cost us just over 1.4m with an 800k loan, sponsorship of 50k and 650k of grants to pay for it. 

• 7 months later...

I just had to let someone see this, this hurts, I've gotten the most rotten luck with CL Group draws, seeded at best 3rd for the last two seasons or so and 4th between that I've literally gotten

Barca, Inter this season

Real Madrid and City last season

Man Utd, Leverkusen AND Inter three seasons ago

Real Madrid and Marseille our first season - probably our easiest draw but our team wasn't really at the level to put up any fight.

fuuuu.png

Inter beat me in Italy with a 87th minute winner, Barca humbled me at Nou Camp but I won both of them at home with a blitzing counter attacking football and thrashed Zagreb in both games - Worst part is I've had this happen before and know that despite all the ****ing rules - when 3 teams end up even, they just make a mini group and only account for results within those teams and my loss to Barca was to big.

S H I * E

Fourth season in Ireland completed with UCD and a second consecutive title secured. We also won the League Cup and were runners up in the Presidents Cup. We're still in the IRN-BRU Cup too, having reached the Semi-Final where we face Rangers Reserves. On the European front we really excelled we entered the CL first, beating Ludogorets, 5-1 on aggregate to progress and face Zrinjski, we bowed out on away goals after drawing 0-0 and 1-1. We dropped into the EL 3rd Round where we faced Dinamo Tblisi, we won on away goals, 4-4 on aggregate, we then faced Qarabag and lost the first leg 2-1 but then demolished them 4-1 at home, we were into the EL Group Stages. We drew Dortmund, Basaksehir and Steaua Bucherest. We managed to finish a creditable 3rd in the group beating FCSB home and away, losing to Basaksehir in the final group game dropped us from 2nd to 3rd. 

We loaned a few players back that faired well for us last season, Travers and Fowler from Bournemouth and Burnley. Shihab joined on loan from Brighton, Aina from Chelsea, Doyle from Man City too. I also poached a couple of the better quality players from relegated Shamrock including Dylan Watts who slotted into first choice AMC. Fowler went two goals better by scoring 43 in all comps, the 38 year old Jonathan Walters scored 23 from wide right and Farrugia scored 17 from wide left. Farrugia made 24 assists also with Watts, Doyle and Walters all making double figures. 

All the awards were won by my players but I didn't win Manager of the Season. We also had 10 out of 11 players in the team of the season. We made a lot of money this season too, well over £4m which meant I could finally do a couple of coaching badges and also upgrade the junior coaching and youth recruitment. I also upgraded my HoYD by bringing in 67 year old Belgian, Philippe Saint-Jean, also bringing in coaches Craig Bellamy and Kevin O'Connor. I'm also going to work on bringing in some youth staff. 

Been given £1.5m to spend on new players and my DoF has already began making offers for some new players. 

Archived