Skins will not appear - using Macbook

KeepCalmAndPlayFM

Dear All,

I downloaded several skins for my FM17 save, unzipped them and added to my 'Skins' folder as per the descriptions. I restarted my game, went to preferences - interfaces but the skins are not there. I am using a Macbook Pro. I remember having the same problem with FM15 where some editing of some config xml file helped to solve the problem. Any ideas how to tackle this issue at FM17? My preference would be to use the Vitrex skin.

Thank you

28 minutes ago, KeepCalmAndPlayFM said:

Dear All,

I downloaded several skins for my FM17 save, unzipped them and added to my 'Skins' folder as per the descriptions. I restarted my game, went to preferences - interfaces but the skins are not there. I am using a Macbook Pro. I remember having the same problem with FM15 where some editing of some config xml file helped to solve the problem. Any ideas how to tackle this issue at FM17? My preference would be to use the Vitrex skin.

Thank you

Check if the skin is inside a folder (it is most of the times), put it out of this main folder and reload the skin again.

8 minutes ago, KeepCalmAndPlayFM said:

Slight improvement, it now seems to recognise the skin but says that there is an xml passing error. Any suggestions?

Is your FM 2017 updated to 17.2.1?

It seems that he manually changed "true" which did cause the error with textedit on the mac changing the " to ”. If he re-download and install the skin again it should work.

Archived