Rainmaker 17 v2 – 1000 Game Update. Defending your way to the title with a 3-3-2-2. Low Block + Counter.

1 hour ago, Mr U Rosler said:

I knocked that on the head in the end, I noticed a couple of times AI players positioned just beyond the wider centre backs with the sweeper playing them onside and then getting a free run in on goal.

Made me laugh actually, it looked deliberate, hats off to them for being 'clever' enough to do that.

I think more than ever its about player quality and squad harmony this year, a wide range of approaches and tactics can be successful with the right players.

The days of the 'uber' tactic are now gone I think (thank god) and the best we can hope for is 'marginal gains' in a few areas to just tip the balance in our favour.

Eventually settled on a narrow 4411 with play through the middle and inverted wingbacks ensuring you flood the middle of the pitch. Doing an Academy challenge its inconsistent until my players are sufficiently developed but then we start to steam roller teams. Fun to watch which the main thing for me now.

That is bang on and have gone back to my various 5122 and 352 formations which do better than worse. Thanks for sharing. 

Hi Tompa,

Back to a straight forward 4411 again albeit with a couple of key tweaks, the hold tactic is a full on defensive mentality, short passing, time wasting job now just to run the clock down.

Wide Midfielders, you are looking for well rounded players (James Milner) however I value Technique above all the other attributes in forward players, it seems to be the foundation of all the other offensive attributes (finishing, passing, long shots, free kicks etc), without good technique all of these are diminished.

I will happily put them up later (when home from work) for anyone whose interested.

Ok, at the request of Tompa, happy to share what I’m up to at the moment.

Not worth a new thread as its pretty quiet on here these days and as stated previously the days of the triumphant tactic release with a load of fanfare are long gone as the ME is robust enough to stand up to anything we can throw at it.

That doesn’t mean we can’t share ideas and there are still marginal gains to be had which can still give us a bit of an edge at times.

So, my main tactic is a 4411. Control/Fluid combined with some ‘fast & loose’ player roles & duties make this a pretty attacking tactic.

Dulwich_Hamlet_Overview-3.pngfree screen capture software

The key objectives are to dominate the centre of the pitch first and foremost and then create our chances via through balls to our forward or our runners from deep.

We achieve the first objective by using a support duty on our AMC which pulls him back into midfield much of the time and by using IWB’s which operate centrally, so our midfield 2 becomes a midfield 5.

We encourage the delivery of through balls by focusing play through the middle and sitting very narrow.

When things click you create a ridiculous amount of clear cut chances, like this………. disappointed to only convert 2 from 9 CCC's. 

Hemel_Hempstead_v_Dulwich_Hamlet_Stats_Mpost a picture

If you are a low reputation team (which I usually am), opponents will come gunning for you early season and you get some mental games. This was my first game of this season. The next team tried it as well and got a good gubbing, I’m not sure if the reputation system is more dynamic this year but things calmed down after that and teams started showing us a bit more respect.

Dulwich_Hamlet_v_Aldershot_Stats_Match_Spicture hosting

But if you see a team playing a high line you’re in for a treat as you should rip them shreds.   

The ‘HOLD’ tactic is a full on, run the clock down for 10 – 15 minutes to see out a game tactic as Ai teams are plain nasty at the end of games when they need a goal.

Results.

This was 1st season in my Academy Challenge. This was with a deeper defensive line before I realised the tactic worked better without it. Predicted 8th so not a team of mugs but a good season.

Vanarama_National_League_South_Overview_image search

After that I’ve been predicted 24th in the National League and been flirting in and around the play-offs as I allow my young squad to develop, I’ve reached the point this season where my team have improved to the point where they are starting to demolish teams and we should have a good run at promotion.

Not tried it with a top team but it’s an aggressive in your face tactic potentially high scoring with a clearly defined style of play focused on releasing runners onto through balls. Should go well with atop team.

STANDARD  http://www.mediafire.com/file/vqviv0n7xn0fcxo/4411RS_2F7842F1-9DA0-40BC-B68F-4C9B8C2DEB0F.fmf

HOLD  https://www.mediafire.com/?blrwd3n181w1ao6

Thanks alot for the upload! 

Trying it right away, will give feedback when they have gotten used to the new formation. 

I take it with the  IWB’s it's less focus on with the crossing type on players there? Spotting you're even using a CB at the right side there. 

Tompa

Thanks. Opened with a 1-0 win at home with players not really knowing system at all and 0 wide midfielders in whole squad. Initial feeling was way higher possession than before and the hold version seemed to really just stop any attempts at any highlights at all. Been throwing away leads several seasons with former hold version, this felt way more solid.

Very impressive looking and have been thinking about something similar but instead of having 2 DLF's was thinking of trying with 2 SS's as this would I think still give enough attacking options but make it slightly more tighter.

• 3 weeks later...

i'd just started a Coventry save and had a 442 set up, not really producing anything. So i plugged your 4411, got off to a great start, beating Fleetwood 3-0, but since then result have just plummeted, I never get a chance to use the hold version, as we're never in the lead. I've got the 3 atb almost fully fluid so gonna give that a whirl, as it's be solid for me on another save. Mr Rosler, your FM16 tactics were some of the best i've ever used and ever will use, i think. Great work

not really sure why but this tactic just didn't suit my Derby County save , never won a game with it . Team moral took a nose dive and had to abandon it . Even lost to Burnley in the EFL cup with us only having 8 shots all game . Still searching for a tactic that can be anywhere near consistent and have no idea how folks seemingly use a tactic and get promotion after promotion

Just before I decided pack in with the 4411, I changed the IWB's to WB's, i was sick of seeing the opposition get in behind me with relative ease, it was costing me too many points. Since swapping i've got 5 unbeaten, couple of unlucky draws in there but its kept us in the Play-off hunt with 12 to play.

very intriguing , i get decent runs and then absolutely abysmal ones , nothing of any consistency where others say they took a non league team to the champions league with the same tactics lol . Be very interested to see what you have later , i'm sure some of the results i've seen with other tactics involve a bit more "editing" from the kids lol

Archived