Sports Interactive Community
Thompsson

Option to select in which kit you want to play

It would be great if you could choose yourself in which kit (H,A,T) you want to play.

Sorry if similar topic already exist and sorry for my bad english.

Wompie   

Agree with this. It'd be nice to be able to wear alternate kits for cup matches and such. 

12 hours ago, who_is_it said:

There is a manager who could do that? And why would to do that? 

Alex Ferguson once got his team to switch kits at half time against Southampton

On 18/02/2017 at 07:21, OhHoopedOne said:

Alex Ferguson once got his team to switch kits at half time against Southampton

I think it's a technical actions. In my opinion Kits have no effect on the tactic and match circonstances and players morales.

I support 100% what the OP said and I think this would be a great addition especially as a fan of a team with 3 kits, one of which is very rarely used

BoxToBox   
On 2/17/2017 at 17:57, who_is_it said:

There is a manager who could do that? And why would to do that? 

There are lots of things in football manager that real managers can't do. Request a new stadium, for example.

Last time Real Madrid played Man Utd in the CL, they requested in the Old Trafford leg, for Man Utd to wear black shorts, so Madrid could wear their all white kit rather than a green away kit they believed was unlucky(I doubt it was Mourinho that asked, mind, doesn't seem the superstitious sort). Man Utd refused, and lost anyway, heh.

There are probably plenty of times similar things happen.

Musti55   

Love this idea and I enlarge it.

I think there may be a kit maker and color picking combine with club colors.

As you know, a lot of clubs sign new sponsorship with kit sponsors in every 2-3 year in game and reallife. Clubs design new kits with their colors. Also third kit have different color which is not in club colors.

Some clubs like M.Utd or Real Madrid have always same kit design and combine but most of clubs design or combine kits. 

We can design kits when club sign new sponsorship with kit sponsor, choose design of kit and color it with club colors and choose third kit has different color.

Luke Cro   

I agree with this definetly... You could select kit before match just like in FIFA or PES

3 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

I agree with this definetly... You could select kit before match just like in FIFA or PES

But only there's a clash otherwise it would be silly

This is against the rules of the game I believe, citing an article I read regarding Plymouth, whose manager I think wanted to use their away kit at home because everything from their home kit, grass and stadium decor was too green and similar. Apparently clubs are allowed only one game a season or something where they are allowed to choose which kit to wear in a game. Otherwise the rule is home kit for home and home kit for away unless parts of their home kit clashes with the the home kit of the team they are visiting. I haven't read any official ruling though. 

I'm sure it's also to do with the contract a team has with the manufacturer as well. I'd imagine the manufacturer would want the team to wear the home kit in all home games during the season and have an agreement in place for that to happen.

On 3/22/2017 at 06:28, jonnybegood said:

This is against the rules of the game I believe, citing an article I read regarding Plymouth, whose manager I think wanted to use their away kit at home because everything from their home kit, grass and stadium decor was too green and similar. Apparently clubs are allowed only one game a season or something where they are allowed to choose which kit to wear in a game. Otherwise the rule is home kit for home and home kit for away unless parts of their home kit clashes with the the home kit of the team they are visiting. I haven't read any official ruling though. 

If you have three kits then you're allowed to choose which of the two away kits you want to wear

wkdsoul   
27 minutes ago, OhHoopedOne said:

If you have three kits then you're allowed to choose which of the two away kits you want to wear

Only if the ref sees a visible clash between the home & away on the pitch.  You/club don't get a straight option.

1 minute ago, wkdsoul said:

Only if the ref sees a visible clash between the home & away on the pitch.  You/club don't get a straight option.

If the two home kits clash and you're the away team, you can choose between your 2nd and 3rd kits

Koetzer   

Not sure about realism, but sometimes FM chooses clashing kits, especially with striped ones (or as some years ago Dutch NT had very light blue away kit, which looked almost like white in 3D). Not a very common issue, but annoying when happens and would be useful to avoid it.