veerus

board expectations at the start of season

11 posts in this topic

If you don't talk to the board about their expectations, the game doesn't give you another chance to talk to them.  As with most dialogues, I was expecting the game to stop and remind me to tell the board how well I expect to do in the coming season.  And now it has rolled off my inbox messages and I can't get it back.

1st or subsequent seasons? as i wasnt able to progress without dealing with that email in the 1st season at Stockport 

2nd season. I'm currently in preseason so is it possible for them to come back and ask me again before the real games start?

It's not currently a 'must respond' item, think it should be? I can see arguments either way.

33 minutes ago, Alari Naylor said:

It's not currently a 'must respond' item, think it should be? I can see arguments either way.

it should be really, it underlines expectations. If you don't say how you are supposed to do then that isn't realistic as every club would have this at the start of the season.

Yes it should be. I missed my window to reply and now am stuck with the lowest possible budget allowed. I was basically a no-show to the board meeting where the club's season expectations were discussed - a likely fireable offense in real life. 

And ideally, the board should be more flexible with the performance related requests. If I say I will bravely fight against relegation but spend most of the season mid-table, it would be nice to go to the board and "upgrade" their expectations for some more transfer/wage cash before the January window. Currently, it's an ineffective one-way system to request more money from the board which is refused like 99% of the time. 

On 2/17/2017 at 14:56, Alari Naylor said:

Most definitely a must respond item. 

if one ignores their bosses request they get fired no? so this should be a must respond

I am manager of Portsmouth 3 year in prem brought them the whole way from league 2. This years expectation is qualification to Europe, and their budget is 12k..... what? How can i qualify for Europe with 12 grand I like a vhallenge but this is impossible 

On 4/1/2017 at 09:18, Green Arrow said:

I am manager of Portsmouth 3 year in prem brought them the whole way from league 2. This years expectation is qualification to Europe, and their budget is 12k..... what? How can i qualify for Europe with 12 grand I like a vhallenge but this is impossible 

Do you have a save from before the end of the prior season?

4 hours ago, Alari Naylor said:

Do you have a save from before the end of the prior season?

Not anymore but i have save from december after still got the 12,000 available. The only thing is towards the end of the season the board were not happy with results as i lost 5 in a row but this was against bigger teams. I still achieved their requirement and by end of season the confidence was higher