Moving from FM17 to FMT

Hi all,

I've been having a great time on my FM17 save, but am starting to sense that my better half isn't so keen on my constant obsession. With that in mind, I'm considering getting FMT on my tablet and playing locked away on the toilet on my commute to work instead.

My question is - has anyone else made the transition from the desktop game to the tablet game? If so, what are your thoughts on the differences? Are you happy you made the switch? etc.

Thanks!

Hi,

I've made the "transiton" in FM14. The last full fat version i've played was FM13, didn't have the time to play FM14, so decided to give a run with FMH14.

This was hard for me. Going from FM13 to FMH14 was like going back to the CM era. You miss every little detail. But because i didn't have time in my life for the full fat version, i dind't have any other choice.

So, when FMH15 came out, i bought it.

If i recall, FMT15 was released later that year, i think in January or February. 

So, my transition from FM to FMT, had a lower step with FMH, and because of that it was more like a upgrade and not a downgrade.

Playing FMT i don't miss anything when compare to the time i played FM. Of course there are thing i would like to have (full control of tutoring, more leagues to play at the same time, don't have the 30 years limitation, for example). but when i think that it was FMT or nothing (or FMH).... 

So in conclusion, i think that the large majority of people that make the transition from FM to FMT do it because they usually stop having time to play the game like they used to play, in other words, they stop having 3 or 4 hour per day to play the game.

So the trasition is always good, because it's FMT or nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar dilemma with going from FMT to FMM! However, with regards to FM to FMT, I think the transition is fairly easy. I feel FMT is the perfect balance. It has quite a lot of depth and a good 3D match engine to give you a sustained sense of realism but won't take up all your time like FM does.

That said, my girlfriend still thinks I spend too much time on FMT. She's learning to live with it now. Sometimes I'll get asked "who are you managing now" and when I showed her that I was appointed manager of the Republic of Ireland, she seemed genuinely impressed (she's Irish).

Due to time constraints I moved to FMT (or FMC as it was originally) on the first game it was available (13 I think). I've never looked back, I am actually able to accomplish things on the game again, rather than getting bogged down mid-season.

I would definitely recommend making the transition to FMT - I still play the PC version rather than tablet/mobile but there is nothing I miss from the full fat version. I'm the kind who likes to get 15-20 seasons into a save and on the full version I would just run out of steam after about 6 seasons. However, I've got a FMC15 save still going in its 17th season alongside a FMT17 save just starting its 6th season.

Archived