Needs match experience at a higher level to help progress?

I have Ashley Westwood who has barely improved his attributes in training, he's one of the players to have improved the least who is getting regular first team football. It says this (title of the thread) in his training section under the development drop down menu.

So does this mean Westwood will only start to improve his attributes more often if he's playing in the premier league? or another top league like in Serie A? and why is this a requirement for his development?

41 minutes ago, cns180784 said:

I have Ashley Westwood who has barely improved his attributes in training, he's one of the players to have improved the least who is getting regular first team football. It says this (title of the thread) in his training section under the development drop down menu.

So does this mean Westwood will only start to improve his attributes more often if he's playing in the premier league? or another top league like in Serie A? and why is this a requirement for his development?

Yes, it means that he's basically stalled out at the current playing level and really won't improve much until you get to a better league.

Theres' also Nathan Baker and Bacuna who have this in their development. Is this supposed to imply that these players are too good for the championship? because Baker and Bacuna are both championship quality they would not become guaranteed regulars in the prem especially Bacuna. However Westwood yes, he is above championship level as a deep lying playmaker...on paper.

10 hours ago, cns180784 said:

Theres' also Nathan Baker and Bacuna who have this in their development. Is this supposed to imply that these players are too good for the championship? because Baker and Bacuna are both championship quality they would not become guaranteed regulars in the prem especially Bacuna. However Westwood yes, he is above championship level as a deep lying playmaker...on paper.

It isn't that they are too good for the championship necessarily, but that they have reached a point in their development where they aren't getting any better. If you got to the Prem, they might not improve at all, but likely the coach doing your training reports feels there is a little more room for growth.

4 hours ago, Dr. Hook said:

It isn't that they are too good for the championship necessarily, but that they have reached a point in their development where they aren't getting any better. If you got to the Prem, they might not improve at all, but likely the coach doing your training reports feels there is a little more room for growth.

I see that would make sense. Its just i'd only expect that from players that have reached their peak or surpassed it, players that are 30+. Westwood is 26, Baker and Bacuna are both 25.

1 hour ago, cns180784 said:

I see that would make sense. Its just i'd only expect that from players that have reached their peak or surpassed it, players that are 30+. Westwood is 26, Baker and Bacuna are both 25.

Major growth gains in ability are usually done by 25 or so, though in rare cases it can happen later than that, so at 25, 26, most players are generally about as good as they will ever be, though with some room for smaller, incremental gains.

Archived