Sports Interactive Community
ralala

New Stadium, for a second time?

2016: Team starts with 3000-ish half seated stadium in the 3rd tier. Tønsberg, in the Norwegian Second Division.

2021: Went from the 3rd tier to winning the 1st. Picked up a cup along the way. Expansion requests are accepted by the board, maxed out at 5000-something, fully seated.

2024 : I have now won the league thrice in a row and the stadium is always full. Got into the Champions League proper for the first time.Due to there beeing no floodlights (I guess), the CL games themselves are played at stadiums of nearby teams(Drammen, and Fredrikstad if you wonder).

These games are sellouts and probably aid my cause when I request a new stadium. It is granted, and after 2-3 years I have finally a proper stadium in Tønsberg, with lights and undersoil heating. The capacity is 9000, with expansions possible up to 15 000.

2029: Facilities are now maxed out with all the CL-money I've been getting. From here I only use homegrown players from the academy and quit using the market for players. Wages are very low at this point, since the team beeing 16-20 year-olds on minimum wage. Finances are rapidly growing.

2037: The squad of homegrowns I've been building since 2029 are now quite the amazing team, but the problem is they have found this out and are now asking for wages around £30,000 to even £70,000 a week. The current average is £5,000 a week. I can't manage that. Even though my board gives the budget  - if I fill my budget all the price money from the CL wouldn't keep the finances floating. I need to at least double the stadium to get enough money. And I need those players to finally win the CL.

The stadium is full, even against newly promoted no-hopers for every single game. I have won the league sixteen times in a row, qualify for the CL everytime, been to a CL semi, in the knockouts every other season or so. Won the EL twice even. 8 domestic cups. Got affiliated teams in China, USA and Japan for merchandise-whoring, with 3 pre-season tours every season. Half the national-squad is my players. Have £80 mill in the bank. League is 14th ranked in europe. My team is 18th ranked in europe.

Did I miss something? Or is it only possible once? Didn't even get my name on the stadium last time *sob*

You got a new stadium in 2024 as far as I can tell from that.  You'll need to wait another 25 years before you're considered for another one.  Or 15, can't remember exactly.  But there's a hard-coded time for new stadiums.  Far too early to expect one.

There is definitely a hard coded time gap between building of a new stadium and it certainly looks like you are too early for this.

Thanks for the replies. I'll post how many years it took when I get it. I'll have 2 full cycles of youth-to-senior players before then so will probably give in and sell the players demanding too high wages. Maybe I'll have a full stadia of season-ticket holders, I have 1/3 of it now.

Update :

I spent more time on it, and can say that 20 years is the limit before the option comes back.

Also I now have 11,000 out of 15,000 as season ticket holders, and have been selling the players with too high wage demands.

But I ran into a few problems. First, the chairman agreed but the city didn't give us building permit or something like that. Is that permanent or can I just try again later? I opted to load the game and not ask, and wait a season before asking. The next season there was a new chairman(they have elections every so often) and he turned me down for that and the next two seasons. So now I'm 23 years in, and I'll post again if I can get the second stadium.

But back to the building permit : Is this a eternal "no" or can I just ask later?

Edited by ralala

It's something that can change, but it's a pretty opaque process.  I managed in Gibraltar and requested again and again, getting the council rejects planning permission message for years until they finally granted permission.  Not sure if there's anything you can do, don't think so.  Just keep requesting.

Just keep trying.

In my experience, even though the option to request another new stadium appears after 20 years, it takes another 5 or so years to persuade them to build one.

Update again :

Previous poster had it spot on it seem. I got the option after 20 years as I mentioned, but the city refused permit. I asked once every season from then on, and on the 25th year since the last stadium was constructed - I got a yes from the board, and no obstruction from the city. 

The new stadium is in planning phase for the next two seasons, so I'll update with how it goes when I reach 2055.

Final Update :

The stadium was finished in January 2056, just in time for the new season and the first knockout phase of the champions league.

It's a 40,000 seated, with possibility for 60,000 with some more expansions. And most importantly: It's named after me :D