Individual Training Questions

Hi guys, just got a couple of doubts that I hope you lot are able to clarify.Here goes:
So, when we select a "Position/Role" to train for a player, the player focuses on improving those attributes of his game,right?
On top of that if I ask a player to focus on an additional focus, it basically asks him to work by himself on improving that attribute?

So I am guessing the player spends the same amount of time training for say Poacher  and Complete Forward? 
The logic behind it is that his workload only changes if you assign any special role, rather than the generic ones that they would otherwise do.

However, what happens if I ask a player to say learn a new position? He would then be learning 2 things right?  Why doesn't this affect his workload then?

Also, would their efficiency decline when learning 20 attributes instead of 10?  I mean would the fewer attributes trained by poacher lead to improvements twice as faster in comparison to those trained by complete forward? 

36 minutes ago, akash777 said:

However, what happens if I ask a player to say learn a new position? He would then be learning 2 things right?  Why doesn't this affect his workload then?

if you ask a player to learn a new position it does effect his workload. if you cannot see this he must be on very heavy already?

37 minutes ago, akash777 said:

Also, would their efficiency decline when learning 20 attributes instead of 10?  I mean would the fewer attributes trained by poacher lead to improvements twice as faster in comparison to those trained by complete forward? 

yes, the more you focus on, the less effect it has. so a single focus on a single attribute will see a (probably) quicker rise than a general role. similarly, a poacher will focus on less than a complete forward, so will (probably) see a more defined improvement

hope that helps

3 hours ago, lemeuresnew said:

if you ask a player to learn a new position it does effect his workload. if you cannot see this he must be on very heavy already?

yes, the more you focus on, the less effect it has. so a single focus on a single attribute will see a (probably) quicker rise than a general role. similarly, a poacher will focus on less than a complete forward, so will (probably) see a more defined improvement

hope that helps

I don't know why learning a new position isn't adding to the layers workload.
This is a young striker of mine. He picked up runs with ball often from his tutor and now I'm trying to get his mentals, speed, passing and dribbling up by teaching him AP-attack as that is the one which precisely works on the attributes I most want. 

I previously had him on complete forward for basically 2 years. Finally trying to be involved about player development since I got a hard brexit. 

Do you reckon my thought process is on track? Or should I go back to teaching him a striker role?

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 10.47.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 10.48.05 AM.png

you have him on advanced forward in training on the bottom screen. although this is a new role, it is not a new position (still in the strikers position) so this will not add to his work load

i personally would take off the dribbling, as the new move also counts as extra training. then, when he has learned the move i would take off the role training and just have him on dribbling

it really depends how quickly you want dribbling to improve, as the role will balance the focus over all the attributes it shows

Archived