Chinese Second Tier (Jia League) Transfer Rules

Hi All, I'm new to the Chinese league and have been appointed Shanghai Shenxin, I thought this would be an interesting challenge and it is proving so.

The squad I've inherited is a little threadbare, so I've brought as many players as the rules allow, this currently stands as:

589acdc8d82be_JiaLeagueTransferRules.thumb.PNG.2060316c8acebf86b688025a734e4617.PNG

In addition to the above I have NO players in the reserve or U19 squads, so given the transfer rules in place this is unlikely to change. However I decided I could bolster the U19 squad with players aged to a maximum of 16, this I felt would not contravene the rules but this doesn't seem to be the case. As shown if I attempt to sign any player aged 16 or under I get the following on the transfer screen (see RED message):

589aceb2a8e16_JiaLeagueTransferFor16YrOld.thumb.PNG.11f5c28009fd83c823c93e0412fce745.PNG

So, could anyone answer the following:

- Is the above correct, a data/bug issue or a m I simply missing something?

- Is there any process I can employ to fill the U19 squad (at the very least) through a youth intake?

- Are there any future changes to the transfer rules?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi FrazT,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure that's the actual issue, the player in the picture above is 16 years old, however I'm being told that signing him would breach the transfer rules in place of signing a maximum of 8 players over the age of 17 in one season, so surely I should be able to sign some 16 year old players to start and fill the U19 squad.

3 hours ago, Bauer24 said:

Hi FrazT,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure that's the actual issue, the player in the picture above is 16 years old, however I'm being told that signing him would breach the transfer rules in place of signing a maximum of 8 players over the age of 17 in one season, so surely I should be able to sign some 16 year old players to start and fill the U19 squad.

Is there any kind of date connected to the rule? So by that I mean for example if it states that a players age is defined as what it is on the first day of the season then it would be possible that somebody who is 16 now would be aged 17 by the time that date comes around and therefore would be effected by the rule.

17 minutes ago, mack4ever said:

Is there any kind of date connected to the rule? So by that I mean for example if it states that a players age is defined as what it is on the first day of the season then it would be possible that somebody who is 16 now would be aged 17 by the time that date comes around and therefore would be effected by the rule.

I suspect its a mix of what mack has said above & what happened before you took over.

I've checked in my save and the rules are the same - In a season you are allowed 8 over 17yo domestic signings of which 5 can be over 21yo.

I'm not 100% when the season end date is but I suspect its sometime in January/February so are nearly at the end of the current season.  Within that season the team have already made 8 over 17yo domestic transfers between February 2019 & February 2020 which you will be able to see in the transfer history of the club.

You'll need to wait until FM processes the season end and starts a new season at which point the transfer limits will reset back to 0.

This is a documented bug that has been reported.  The Jia league transfer and roster rules are a hot mess.

The transfer should actually go through.  What happens is that if the player is 16 when the transfer triggers, it will be allowed.  However, if the player turns 17 before the end of the season, you will get the message displayed above, that the transfer is invalid.  That message is meaningless.

You can also play register 5 foreign players, and put 4 in the starting 11.  In the Jia League, IIRC, it doesn't even check to see if one is Asian, like it does in the Super League.  The computer will play with the 3-foreign player max, but there's nothing stopping you from putting in extras.

Good Morning and thanks for the feedback and information.

It appears to me, having read your responses and some of the issues highlighted in the league specific forums, that the Chinese league detail within the game is still a work in progress, I will still be playing on with my current save and see where it takes me.

Again, thanks everyone. 

Archived