Days to gain Citizenship

I have some and want some players who are non-EU with a view to loaning them out and waiting on status.

Is there a quick way of finding out how many days it'll take for each EU nation? I can't seem to find it in the nation details or the editor.

I know that Serbia joins the EU in 2022 but not sure of the time it'll take for a player to get 2nd nationality.

I've tried looking for information screens of foreign players within certain countries in an effort to find out, but it's driving me crazy.

Any help would be most appreciated. Cheers.

Its pointless even looking nowadays.

Most countries are 5 years which is a good chunk of a player's career and even then by the time they've gained an EU nationality the UK will have left the EU leaving you in the same position.

Concentrate on the player's who can play for you.

I'm at the beginning of 2022, UK have left the EU but nothing has changed, if I had a 3 year feeder club i'd have 3 premiership level players who'd have been able to play for my championship side right now.  Just one of them is the value that I've spent on all non EU players in total.

Thank you for your advice,  but I would still like to know the answer to my original question if anyone would like to help.

Or for them to have a 2nd nationality in the EU.  In my game it notified me that the UK had left the EU but the rules on EU nationals playing in the UK has not changed.  Therefore anyone with Citizenship from an EU country will be able to play without a work permit right?

Look I don't want to be a dick, but can people please answer my original question instead of questioning whether I should or shouldn't be asking it?

4 minutes ago, borivoje213 said:

Or for them to have a 2nd nationality in the EU.  In my game it notified me that the UK had left the EU but the rules on EU nationals playing in the UK has not changed.  Therefore anyone with Citizenship from an EU country will be able to play without a work permit right?

No, all players from outside the UK will need a WP either when they join or next time they sign a new contract.

4 minutes ago, borivoje213 said:

Look I don't want to be a dick, but can people please answer my original question instead of questioning whether I should or shouldn't be asking it?

I thought I did - Most countries are at least 5 years.

How to find out? Go to a team, click on a foreign player and look at their info tab.

Yeah, appreciate the help and I know where you're coming from. Perhaps I'm not explaining it right.

Basically, I'm in 2022, EU players don't need a work permit on my game, I'm sure of that. the EU decision appeared in my game a couple of years ago and it definitely there was no rule change to EU nationals playing in England on this save.

Yeah most nations are 5 years, a lot are even more than 5 years and it's a shame because there's some great cheap young players in the likes of the african nations who i can pinch early before bigger clubs come in.

I've been trying to look for foreign players within EU countries to check, but it's notoriously difficult when it is a nation that hasn't been selected as playable/viewable because they have hardly any players from their own nation let alone foreign nationals.

is there or is there not a place you can look and it will be there?  Is it set somewhere in the data editor so i can see it that way?

in July of this season Serbia are going to join the EU on my game, and I've heard it rumoured that they have a 3 year citizenship, and if so I will be back here to confirm it.  

You can check the years required for nationality in the editor, it is listed under the nations section - you can add a years to gain nationality column in the nation view and also filter by how many years you want.

In game the only way to do it is to look at players in the squads of teams in the other nations to see the days needed.

Looking in the editor Serbia are the only EU nation with three years (well it also shows NIreland and Gibraltar as both having three years aswell which seems wrong? - though I don't think the game uses that value anyway as I expect it uses a UK value). Also depending on your players nationality Spain might be quicker as they normally have a 2/3 year period for Latin Americans.

Though loaning them out to Serbia for three years might not be that great for their development especially if you don't have the league loaded, it might be better for their development to loan them to a higher league and hope that they get enough caps for their nation to qualify for a Work Permit.

Thanks michael, I had heard about the spanish option, although it is limited to certain nations like you say.

Good advice on the serbia bit as well, cheers.

Just a loan question in general, does that mean loan players to non active teams will generally be worse? On occasion I've loaned players to bigger teams in non active leagues.

Archived