[Suggestion] Pre-match tactical advice improvements

Powermonger

Just some some suggestions for improving the pre-match tactical advice provided by the Assistant Manager. I feel it is too wordy and in need of some graphics.

I'd like to see a picture of our current tactic 'as is' on one side and then next to it another tactic depicting the Assistant Managers suggestions. Below this can be the written summary of the Assistant Managers advice.

This way we can visually see what he is recommending and how the team shape our tactic changes due to the assistants suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd add to this with expanded ideas. I think any suggestions by the Ass Man should be restricted to our current trained tactics and not suggest tactics we have not even trained. 

If the Ass Man does want to suggest a different tactic our team is not trained in, I feel this should be a separate advice item and not done on a match to match basis. We do get a report about match preparation and suggestions about learning a new tactic in case our current tactic gets found out by the opponents but no suggestion on what that should be. 

Perhaps what we should get is a periodic assessment as the season goes by from the Assistant Manager, in collaboration with the Chief Data Analysis and Chief Scout, saying we have been training the team with tactic X with settings Y, teams we may struggle against that play tactic A we think the team should learn tactic Z with settings of U to be more prepared. 

This can then be tied back and even displayed with data for the formations we have faced and our performance against them, same data in pre-match overview when we can click on detailed view and get information on what tactic we have used and how it has performed against other systems the team has faced. 

Tacked onto this could be some key information such has heatmaps, goals conceded locations, weak link players or strong link players of hours the tactic needs to be adjusted for.

The more detailed reasoning and data to back it up would give the advice more weight. 

• 1 year later...

Archived