[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

The public will want to hear a proper answer from you. Michele Nanni (YP25d) continued his fantastic record of scoring against your team by netting once again today.  Why do you find it so hard to stop him?

Football Headlines: Giovanni Stachini's rough day, has car keyed by Jamie Sewell, later beaten with tire iron by unknown English assailant.

1 minute ago, ManUtd1 said:

Toothless Bob is a **** with that tire iron.

Luckily his beer bottle was still half full and too much of a waste to break open.

1 minute ago, Jupjamie said:

63f4d065b2642315c9ee8c5b70c47b44.png

That's the face of a killer. Tell them nothing, Billy. NOTHING.

Jesus, that man's seen some things.

Good thing that you lose two prospects and expecting to see Simoncini playing time.

I have to say that you need to improve more to beat your new rivals in the cup and don't choke badly. Who's the best player that San Giovanni lost to in the Playoffs and Cup? Don't tell me, if it's a ex-San Giovanni player playing as a captain.

2 hours ago, sherwinriga said:

Good thing that you lose two prospects and expecting to see Simoncini playing time.

I have to say that you need to improve more to beat your new rivals in the cup and don't choke badly. Who's the best player that San Giovanni lost to in the Playoffs and Cup? Don't tell me, if it's a ex-San Giovanni player playing as a captain.

The best player that we lost against in the cup is probably Michele Nanni (YP25d), our ex-striker. He scores against us most of the time we play him.

89c30f45f44eaed0a0fdfaba92969d0f.png 

2 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

The best player that we lost against in the cup is probably Michele Nanni (YP25d), our ex-striker. He scores against us most of the time we play him.

The real questions are whether he celebrates and, if so, what you call him in the post-match presser...

Season Review!

League

Aaaand this is why I hate the league format in San Marino. A near perfect season, only to collapse in the playoff and not make the CL.

Cup

The only reason we're even in Europe at all is because the team we choked to in the Cup Final also won the league. We got lucky.

Schedule

Squad

Lots of goals in this squad :D 

Other Teams: Cailungo lost 4-1 to Lincoln from Gibraltar in the CL First Qualifying Round. La Florita lost 5-0 to Trnava from Slovakia and Tre Fiori lost 6-1 to Hadjuk from Croatia in the EL First Qualifying Round.

Next yearThis is the first time we're playing in the Europa League in the club's history. I'm not optimistic.

Just now, sherwinriga said:

Absolutely collapsed easily! Man, those Malmo players are walk away happy ever since they draw first! Who is the San Giovanni player that they got a goal?

Good question. Francesco Cecchetti scored our goal - he was our top scorer last year with 22 goals in 23 league games.

ffc0dff823cfeea7a6e2a05e4d8412d2.png

5 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

The potential star ratings of your intakes have started tapering off, good sign that the squad over is getting stronger and having higher standards.

Very true. It's weird to be excited about getting lower potential ratings in intakes, but the squad is coming along very nicely, so a 4* PA player now is a lot more useful to us than a 5* one would have been a few years ago.

On 14/02/2017 at 02:10, Deisler26 said:

Now let's hope you don't blow it, this season

10 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Good try in EL hope you can make it for CL next season...:brock:

Thanks guys! I haven't touched the save in a couple of days, but I'm at the Playoffs right now. Here goes nothing...

Season Review!

League

Back into the CL we go!

Cup

The double it is.

Schedule

Squad

This is by far the strongest the squad has ever been. I just hope we can hold onto our players.

Other Teams: Fiorentino lost 4-1 to Vardar from Macedonia in the CL First Qualifying Round, but in the Europa League, we have our first ever team from San Marino that's not us winning a European tie! Tre Fiori squeezed past Luxembourgian Dudelange 2-1 before losing 4-0 to Rijeka from Croatia in the Second Round. Superb work from them. 

Another interesting tidbit - Cardiff Met Uni made it to the Europa Qualifiers! They lost 6-2 to Stromsgodset from Norway in the First Qualifying Round, but I've never seen a University team playing in Europe before!

Next yearErrr... win, I guess?

ae9820b4daafa6b5b64623f4c49f74e6.png

What? Who runs our social media account? They're instantly fired. He was a sh*te winger with no technical ability that my assistant manager kept playing when I was off on my holidays for some reason. I couldn't be happier he's finally retired.

1 minute ago, Deisler26 said:

Cardiff Met Uni????

Must have won the Welsh Cup, I guess.

As far as I can tell, they haven't. They're not on the list of finalists or top three teams in the Welsh league. Not quite sure how they made it in, but good for them, I suppose :lol: 

22 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

Worth putting in as a bug tbh

I've just had a look - TNS won the cup last year with Bala Town finishing runners up, but both were already in Europe last season, so I reckon that Cardiff Met finished third in the cup and took that European spot. Wales haven't thrown up any other anomalies in Europe, but I'll keep an eye on it..

Archived