[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Well somehow I managed to miss this...

Ready to see San Giovanni reach the top even if it takes 200+ years of trying :D

Thanks Gato! I think 200 might just see us make it to the CL Group stages once, if we're lucky :D 

Season Review!

League

Well, that was pretty successful! We were superb all year, and although we weren't on top form in the playoffs, we won 3/3 games to claim back the title. I genuinely wasn't expecting it.

Cup

We comfortably won our group, but we were knocked out in the Quarters by Folgore.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Juvenes Dogana lost 3-1 to Valletta from Malta in the CL First Qualifying Round, while Folgore lost 4-1 to Linfield and Virtus lost 6-0 to Olimpija from Slovenia in the EL First Qualifying Round.

Next year: We're at a weird stage of the save that I never came across on FM 16, where we're playing in Europe with a starting lineup comprised mostly of original players. I still don't think we're the best team in San Marino, but if we can get our 3rd title in 4 years next season I may have to rethink that.

As @Ceching You Out pointed out on his excellent save thread, when you get a Junior Coaching upgrade, it doesn't actually take effect straight away, but comes in over a longer term period like the inbox message suggests. Our junior coaching level was at 6 before the last intake, but is now at 10. Why am I telling you this? Well...

Youth Intake Day!

4ad01ecb2a71e43f52001ae8ba94f9cc.png

Boom.

47bee7d54c681d23bb220ba7a1ae85ac.png

There's something wrong with his face, but there's nothing wrong with his play. Righi is a ridiculous CB at this level - and has a superb personality - and instantly becomes the best player at the club. I'm over the moon to have him.

519b6eeeed75063c6af213bc9e521504.png

And he has a brand new partner in crime, too. Raschi is equally quality. I am buzzing.

8b84b0545a8f62b94372f79913191f01.png

Well, we now need to use wingers. Elia looks very good for this level.

ce5a35303e4aaae58e028603c8c1afe5.png

Potential to be a very decent striker.

720ebd1ea7c8c7590be1b139623eb85a.png

It's a shame we don't need a keeper, because Albani looks very decent. He'll be our backup for now.

02508b82f1616f9f5f60f083364a3800.png

Another quality winger. 

af1d0acf22813f9238f252b538cc1138.png

Could grow into a decent CM.

If you can't tell, I'm very, very happy with this :D 

I don't think we're ever going to get a better intake than this. There are so many players here who are going to make an instant impact. The class of '22 are going to be the ones that take us from a decent team to dominant domestically - I hope.

Now we just need to turn Professional so we can keep hold of them...

1 hour ago, Jupjamie said:

47bee7d54c681d23bb220ba7a1ae85ac.png

There's something wrong with his face, but there's nothing wrong with his play. Righi is a ridiculous CB at this level - and has a superb personality - and instantly becomes the best player at the club. I'm over the moon to have him.

"Ahh, old "Two-face" Lulu we used to call him when we played a pick-up game in the park. Never could tell if he was enjoying his football. Mostly on account of the human face he wore over his own. Nice enough chap though."

44 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

:lol: I didn't even consider the Trump aspect of that, jesus.....

[cries softly]
[burns passport]
[realizes it was actually wallet]
[sobs wildly]

1 hour ago, clarkehwbu said:

Wow that intake!! Wish I allowed in-game editor, so i could see the background of the facilities

It's a pretty great one :D In-game editor is pretty interesting - it makes no difference to the actual save, but it's interesting to take a look at some of the stuff under the hood.

1 hour ago, Black and Yellow said:

Nice to see the Dinamo rivalry has continued! :rolleyes:

We're going to crush them one day. CRUSH THEM.

1 hour ago, sherwinriga said:

What a nice batch of prospects I love to see including Luigi Righi and Lorenzo Raschi. Well, Righi's face is funny, but he can contribute the first team right on time! It's easy to say that these prospects are better than the last year.

Thanks Sherwin! I agree with you :) 

Just a quick note - I prefer the youth player notation system other people are using to mine, so we're now going with the year of the intake next to a letter: a for the best player in that intake, b for the second best, etc. We're still only going to be tagging the important ones, but I feel like this tag system is more useful. Here's how the squad looks in terms of ability:

d7043d4475b4815588921bb61143c7c4.png

#classof22

652470650ebc2e2e508776e7a9f84871.png

So this happened...

I didn't even ask the board. They just did it on their own. Good things are happening :D 

We can't actually offer anyone a part time contract, but we're a step closer to Professionalism, which is where things really start to happen.

Season Review!

League

Well, that backs up my belief that we aren't actually that strong.

Cup

Likewise.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Tre Fiori lost 7-0 to Hadjuk from Croatia and Fiorentino lost 5-0 to Grasshoppers from Switzerland in the EL First Qualifying Round.

Next year: We might not have been great last year, but the class of 22 should change that. This should be the start of our dominance.

A few teams have been upgrading their junior coaching, which is great to see. Juvenes Dogana are the main team to watch out for - their youth recruitment starts at 4/20 (ours is 2), and they've upgraded to 6 junior coaching. They could get some tidy players through that system.

15 minutes ago, Cardiovascular said:

I feel you there brother, jealous of you turning semi-professional too. :(

He wasn't the only one...

bff19fd9475bfe670356a26d5e5cdd64.png

It seems like there's always a year when your players suddenly start jumping ship, and this is it. What a mess. We're going to need the class of 23 to be just as good as the class of 22, because our squad is down to the bare bones right now. That's four starters who've left.

It's strange how all those left when you turned semi-pro.  In a weird, unrealistic and probably unintentional way that must be the main reason it happened.

Otherwise solid progress with better players coming through and some trophies.

6 minutes ago, Cardiovascular said:

:D I just had that exact transfer window too!

It's not nice, is it? :D 

3 minutes ago, Sir_Liam said:

It's strange how all those left when you turned semi-pro.  In a weird, unrealistic and probably unintentional way that must be the main reason it happened.

Otherwise solid progress with better players coming through and some trophies.

Progress? F*** that, I'm out of here! :lol: 

9 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Cailungo just filled their boots, ffs.

They didn't even use their boots. They nicked our old ones.

6 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

And now we finally realize why this save takes so long... Tough luck with the transfers out. I'd say hopefully that will be the last, but we know it won't be :(

Thanks Gato. This is why I haven't spent any money on any facility upgrades - until we turn Professional, there's not a whole lot we can do.

Youth Intake Day!

fed1c075862932eb7c2fa0c15fe617d6.png

4d828fabe111f7983479178d08261915.png

Now that's a quality FB. He's superb for our level.

138a1657c754daa79a1aac3d10d547fa.png

And that's a quality CM, which is an area we've been lacking in.

0862be971cbc0d4991583d4436ea8268.png

We don't need a GK, but our others might end up leaving soon, so who knows.

1567412a5d13e19a2e10f04a2d1a9cc5.png

*Checks his height*

*Cries of happiness*

Big, big plans for the big man. He has 1 vision, presumably because everyone looks like ants from where he's standing. His technicals aren't the best, but he's got 13 finishing, decent composure, good teamwork, good workrate, excellent bravery and 14 jumping to go with his height. I'm very excited for him.

See, with saves like these, you need to build around your strengths - and this is the first time in the save I'd say that we have a clear strength. It doesn't matter the quality of opposition, Giardi is going to go up and win his fair share of headers. We just need to come up with a tactic that aims to get the ball onto his head as much as possible.

Season Review!

League

Awful. We were pathetic without all the players we lost.

Cup

Semi-Finals aren't bad, but they mean no Europe once more.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Tre Fiori lost 6-0 to Dundalk in the CL First Qualifying Round, and Cosmos lost 5-0 to Sarajevo and Virtus lost 7-0 to Trencin in the EL First Qualifying Round.

Next yearI don't know. It all depends on how many players we lose.

Archived