Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
michmichoni

Best database setup to start a new game for my system

I own a desktop PC, and I'm quite not sure on which database would be suitable to my system.

I don't want the game to be too heavy and my system won't be able to carry, in the other hand I want my database to be big enough so I can stimulate real life football and have most of the staff and players in real life.

I use to pick advanced mode and this is my settings:

2097050.jpg

8762399.jpg

But I'm not sure If the game after a season will get too slow.

when selecting which leagues to load, the game feels like it takse a slight moment for it to respond.

So I'm really concerned about starting a game with such amount of database.

My current system is:

Motherboard: Asus hero VIII

CPU: Skylake i7 6700K 4.5 (OC'ed)

RAM: Ripjaw DDR4 32GB (2x16)

GPU: EVGA 970GTX 4GB FTW

If that's too much, how can I setup the game with a huge database and still remain my game fluid?

Please help guys, I know for sure that it will help for others aswell.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by michmichoni

It really depends on what you define as "too slow" or "fluid"... 

You'll be fine with that... i've played similar sized databases on much weaker laptops and played 20 seasons comfortably...

If you find things getting slow down the line, reduce the amount of active leagues.

The machine is fine and will cope with a big load if required.  

Acceptable game speed is a personal choice and no one can give accurate advice as to what is fast or slow to one is the opposite to another.

Personally I would suggest that unless you are managing at a very low level, I cannot see the point of running countless minor leagues and loading tens of thousands of players that you will never have any interest in.

8 hours ago, michmichoni said:

I own a desktop PC, and I'm quite not sure on which database would be suitable to my system.

I don't want the game to be too heavy and my system won't be able to carry, in the other hand I want my database to be big enough so I can stimulate real life football and have most of the staff and players in real life.

I use to pick advanced mode and this is my settings:

2097050.jpg

8762399.jpg

But I'm not sure If the game after a season will get too slow.

when selecting which leagues to load, the game feels like it takse a slight moment for it to respond.

So I'm really concerned about starting a game with such amount of database.

My current system is:

Motherboard: Asus hero VIII

CPU: Skylake i7 6700K 4.5 (OC'ed)

RAM: Ripjaw DDR4 32GB (2x16)

GPU: EVGA 970GTX 4GB FTW

If that's too much, how can I setup the game with a huge database and still remain my game fluid?

Please help guys, I know for sure that it will help for others aswell.

Thanks in advance.

Your system is similar to mine.

5 hours ago, FrazT said:

Acceptable game speed is a personal choice and no one can give accurate advice as to what is fast or slow to one is the opposite to another.

Personally I would suggest that unless you are managing at a very low level, I cannot see the point of running countless minor leagues and loading tens of thousands of players that you will never have any interest in.

It's pretty much this.

But if I'd recommend a "performance" setup, I'd say:

1 - Use large database.

2 - Include "players with continental reputation" in all regions.

In my computer the performance stars stay at 5 (still full in this occasion)

Later, I open my favourite leagues (4-5-6 depending)

For instance If you're gonna go Mourinho type, like managing a portugal team, than maybe a french, italy, england etc. just go that way.

In my situation I'm running Large Database/Players with continental reputation - all regions/Turkish, German, Belgium, Austria leagues active without any performance loss(5 star)

Last year in FM 2016 I was playing with an old laptop Large database one active league with 1 and a half star performance but it was still fine after three seasons. 

It's more up to your personal taste as FrazT said.