Quickest way to scout LOTS of players...

... i.e. Youth intakes with a massive database?

I receive about 50 scout reports every 2-3 days. I've currently got over 18'000 youth intake players in my queue. At that rate, my queue will grow exponentially. Any suggestions for shifting lots of scout reports quickly? Many thanks for your suggestions.

Not sure what you mean. So you're scouting entire nation's worth of youth intakes? If you choose to scout 100's of players then you'll get 100's of scout reports. If you want to do that and be able to quickly weed out undesirable players you can try this.

Set it so that when you "get scout report" it adds the player to your shortlist indefinitely. Do your mass scouting of a youth intake. Then when the first scouting reports come back go to your shortlist where they'll all be. You can sort by their rating and quickly remove any players you want. Then anyone who looks promising you can scout further and actually look at.

Not sure if that helps you at all.

Thanks puffascruffowitz, that is useful advice. It is not the number of reports, I realise that this is inevitable. It is the time it takes for my scouts to file the initial scout report itself; if my 15 scouts can only file 50 reports every 2-3 days between them, the 18'000+ players I have in my scouting queue will never be cleared and month-on-month, year-on-year my scouting queue will grow exponentially instead of being cleared and me unearthing young talent. And that is before I have even further scouted any prospects that look interesting from the initial scouting report. I'm worried that I will miss excellent prospects and they will be snapped up by other clubs because I can't scout the queued players fast enough. Does that make sense?

Ah so it's just a matter of your scouts processing all the players. Well then there's not much you can do. I used to be the same, thinking I couldn't miss out on any potential superstar. You just have to be more selective if scouting a youth intake.

If you're doing a certain country just focus on the big clubs who will more likely have good prospects. I also would always do at least a quick glance at their page. You can usually tell from a glance what kind of player they are. Blindly scouting hundreds of players in not really efficient or effective.

Maybe scout a few teams who you think will have a good youth intake. But then to unearth young players just scout the nation's U-18 or U-19 club competitions. You can still catch lots of of 16-17 yr olds just by doing those assignments. But yea if it's 18K players you're scouting there's no "easy" way to do it or to speed it up.

27 minutes ago, puffascruffowitz said:

Ah so it's just a matter of your scouts processing all the players. Well then there's not much you can do. I used to be the same, thinking I couldn't miss out on any potential superstar. You just have to be more selective if scouting a youth intake.

If you're doing a certain country just focus on the big clubs who will more likely have good prospects. I also would always do at least a quick glance at their page. You can usually tell from a glance what kind of player they are. Blindly scouting hundreds of players in not really efficient or effective.

Maybe scout a few teams who you think will have a good youth intake. But then to unearth young players just scout the nation's U-18 or U-19 club competitions. You can still catch lots of of 16-17 yr olds just by doing those assignments. But yea if it's 18K players you're scouting there's no "easy" way to do it or to speed it up.

Thank you, that helps. It is as I feared! I'll need to tighten up my procedures re scouting youth intakes. Cheers for your input.

A quicker option would be to get a team report on the youth team instead of all the players, and unless something has changed in FM17 this should then give you an initial star rating for the players in the team, do this for each team and then manually scout any of the better players afterwards.

Also if any of your non-scouting staff have good judging attributes you can get them to manually scout some of the players which should speed up the scouting a bit.

Archived