FM17: Arsenal FC - Post-Wenger Arsenal...

RogerC

Hello everyone! I just started a new Arsenal save with transfer updates (21-07). I'm not that good at writing so don't expect much fantasy, just plain narrative of the things going on.

Let's start! The team will be Arsenal F.C..

HHim2SD.png

Arsenal-1st-team-squad-20162017.jpg

I will have first transfer window signings disabled and I'll try to keep signings to a minimum and as realistic as possible, maybe even have the same players that are signed IRL. I want to incorporate young players to the squad and will try to buy english players if possible, I bump with good business or interesting free deals. I will also take advice on who to sign if someone has preference.

I will be taking over all of the teams training aspects as well as signing a few coaches to strengthen some areas.

[/center]

jneA78e.png

Tactics

The main formations I will be using are a 4-2-3-1 similar to the actual IRL, and probably a 4-4-2 alternative to change things around. High tempo, short passing, using the flanks...

yxllSvg.png]SldEeeS.png

5mG9UrH.png

GOALKEEPER

Not much, easy first choice for Cech. Will rotate Ospina in cups for the time being, will probably try to sign a youngster or wait for an opportunity to sign a better keeper.

tC4jZqg.png 

CENTRAL DEFENSE

Kos and Mustafi starters and Paulista/Holding backup. BFG is out for some time at the moment and won't be at his best when he returns. He'll have a chance though. I will still look for a backup youngster to develop, someone like Reece Oxford maybe.

YxJMpWs.png

FULL BACKS

Bellerín for the win! The aging Debucy will still get his playing time but only to rest Hector. Once Jenko gets back to form, a decision will be made about one of them leaving. As for left back, the new signing is here, don't know much about him. Both Kieran and Nacho will have to fight hard for the starting place.

lkK0YYt.jpg

GS7Jxij.png

MIDFIELD (defensive)

Elnenys and Coquelins place. Probably the latter's, Xhaka will probably play more on the creative/support side. I want Bielik to act as backup.

jzkPM2g.png 

MIDFIELD (creative)

Some good depth in this area. Great creativity and different profiles. Maitland-Niles will play in cup games.

LJ13WHP.png

ATTACKING MIDFIELD

Ozil and Cazorla will be the playmakers of the side. Rotating seldomly with the old but brilliant Rosicky. Unless there's an injury plague (more than likely in FM and Arsenal) they'll be the only ones playing there.

9Byt1uk.png

WINGS

Looks like Alexis is going to be first choice here, Iwobi will get a good run of games either here or on the other side.  Welbeck won't be available until January or so. Probably too early for Nelson, but Jeff will get some odd games, probably a loan is best right now.

VfBnLOf.png

Walcott & Ox.

jdVlJM3.png

STRIKER

For now, it'll be Giroud and Lucas up top. I doubt Akpom wil be of much use, but we'll try to rotate him once in a while.

tBaRNpL.png

Initial First Team Injury Report

injured.pngGabriel Paulista  |  Strained ankle ligaments  |   2 - 3 motnhs
injured.pngCarl Jenkinson  |  Damaged cruciate ligaments  |  2 - 3 Months
injured.pngPer Mertesacker  |  Damaged cruciate ligaments  |  5 - 6 Months
injured.pngDanny Welbeck  |  Damaged knee cartilage  |   6 - 7 months

Contents:

I will update things soon...  Don't know why but images show really small.

Club Overview

REPORT.PNG

The strength and leadership aspects are ones I'd like to correct in the future. Balance of 0€ is due to disabling first window transfers. About the LB position... Don't think Monreal is that much better than Gibbs, let's see who we can sign, if we even sign anyone for now.

Loan Report

loans.PNG

As of 7 Jul 2016, this is the loan report. We have just received a loan offer from QPR for Akpom that might be accepted.

Staff Report

staff.PNG

This is an area that needs strengthening, quite sad looking statistics for a club like Arsenal IMHO. I will try to sign retired players (Henry, Vieira... etc) if possible and if they are any good. If anyone has any suggestion regarding that, I'll gladly listen to it!

Let the (pre) season kick on!

NEWS.png

A very successful season start shadowed by some injuries. The youngsters have excelled playing much better than expected with the small game time they've had.

FIXT.png

Preseason results:

schedule.PNG

Some amazing results against Bayern. Sporting and Boca. Reiss Nelson scored 6 in 8 games, good start from the lad!

Season start:

1.PNG

Magnific game by the Ox. He ran everything.

2.PNG

Started Bielik in this game, thought his playing style would suit us better having Ramsey beside him moving a lot, he even managed to score! Giroud on form again to give us the win. Cech played horribly, gave up two easy goals.

3.PNG

Another good game. Gave Reiss Nelson half an hour of game and he managed to give an assist. Happy.

All this puts us first in league by goal difference.

league2.PNG

team.png

First Team Injury Report

injured.png Gabriel Paulista  |  Strained ankle ligaments |  2 - 5 weeks

injured.png Carl Jenkinson  |  Damaged cruciate ligaments | 2 - 5 weeks

injured.png Per Mertesacker  |  Damaged cruciate ligaments | 3 - 4 months

injured.png Danny Welbeck  |  Damaged knee cartilage |  4 - 5 months

injured.png Olivier Giroud | Broken arm | 3 - 4 weeks

injured.png Aaron Ramsey | Strained ankle ligaments |  6 - 11 days

injured.png Mesut Özil | Sports hernia  |  3 weeks

Lastly, here are the fixture for next month: Tough month ahead, let's see if we can stay close to the top in league.

sept.PNG

Walcott-Cazorla.jpg

These two guys have been in top form, specially Walcott, scoring the winner against Chelsea and another winning brace against Man City. Cazorlas free kick saw us win against Brugge with a team full of youngsters.

FIXT.png

Fantastic month. Close results against Chelsea and City but Walcott stood up to the task (Giroud injured) scoring 3 goals in 2 matches. Brugge and Barnsley matches were played with half the team full of youngsters so I'm really happy to have performed so well. All this without Özil, Giroud or Alexis.

SEPTEMBER

sch.PNG

WOW. Again Walcott and Cazorla both gave us the win against PSG. Reiss and Giroud both scored against Hull. And then the double North London Derby. Özil scored to give us the win in the EFL cup in a very tight match. For the league game. Reine-Adelaide took MoM, scoring a goal and assisting Xhaka to score the other although it says Alderweireld own goal. Only bad thing is Ox got injured for 4 months... He was performing so well...

OCTOBER

oct.PNG

Spoiler

1.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

8.PNG9.PNG

10.PNG

11.PNG

12.PNG

team.png

INJURIES

A bit of a crysis here...

injured.png Danny Welbeck  |  Damaged knee cartilage |  6 weeks - 3 months

injured.png Alex Iwobi  |  Hernia |  3 - 9 days

injured.png Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  |  Damaged achilles tendon |  4 months

injured.png Laurent Koscielny  |  Torn hamstring |  4 - 6 weeks

injured.png Gabriel Paulista |  Torn calf muscle | 32 - 3 weeks

injured.png Alexis Sánchez | Sprained ankle | 1 - 3 days

injured.png Per Mertesacker | Damaged cruciate ligaments | 3 weeks - 2 months

6.PNG

inj.PNG

oct.PNG

LEAGUE.PNG

13.PNG

Walcott-Cazorla.jpg

These two guys have been in top form, specially Walcott, scoring the winner against Chelsea and another winning brace against Man City. Cazorlas free kick saw us win against Brugge with a team full of youngsters.

FIXT.png

Fantastic month. Close results against Chelsea and City but Walcott stood up to the task (Giroud injured) scoring 3 goals in 2 matches. Brugge and Barnsley matches were played with half the team full of youngsters so I'm really happy to have performed so well. All this without Özil, Giroud or Alexis.

SEPTEMBER

sch.PNG

WOW. Again Walcott and Cazorla both gave us the win against PSG. Reiss and Giroud both scored against Hull. And then the double North London Derby. Özil scored to give us the win in the EFL cup in a very tight match. For the league game. Reine-Adelaide took MoM, scoring a goal and assisting Xhaka to score the other although it says Alderweireld own goal. Only bad thing is Ox got injured for 4 months... He was performing so well...

OCTOBER

oct.PNG

Spoiler

1.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

8.PNG9.PNG

10.PNG

11.PNG

12.PNG

Here is how the leagues going.

LEAGUE.PNG

team.png

SQUAD OVERVIEW

squad.PNG

So this is the current first team squad after the second Tottenham game. 3 CB's injured, not ideal. Walcott top scorer atm.

INJURIES

A bit of a crysis here...

injured.png Danny Welbeck  |  Damaged knee cartilage |  6 weeks - 3 months

injured.png Alex Iwobi  |  Hernia |  3 - 9 days

injured.png Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  |  Damaged achilles tendon |  4 months

injured.png Laurent Koscielny  |  Torn hamstring |  4 - 6 weeks

injured.png Gabriel Paulista |  Torn calf muscle | 32 - 3 weeks

injured.png Alexis Sánchez | Sprained ankle | 1 - 3 days

injured.png Per Mertesacker | Damaged cruciate ligaments | 3 weeks - 2 months

The schedule till new years.

schedulenext.PNG

Santi-Cazorla-Wallpaper-HD-Desktop-Backg

Did not expect this, but this man scored 11 (around 6-8 free kicks) in 12 matches and pretty much gave us half the wins during these two months. The youngsters have had a good run these two months too.

FIFA/FIFPro squad.

Spoiler

FIFA.thumb.PNG.836fc14035d06e411ca5d33b3b9633c4.PNG

Results

This is the run. First and ONLY loss of the season so far against PSG playing with Ospina, Debuchy, Holding, Jeff... So i'm not fussed at all.Goals scored by a variety of players, injuries have hit hard. Oxlade got injured for 4 months at the end of last month, now Giroud and Alexis have been injured too.

SCH.thumb.PNG.cc2fa363533270bc8b12ada0321e9ffb.PNG

Current Competition standings

Amazing to be honest. Look at Chelsea btw. Conte has been sacked, Marcelo Bielsa has been appointed manager.

COMP.thumb.PNG.921ac799431deeb6f48449a3470bfda4.PNG

cleague.thumb.PNG.3104ced169ff1c0745f8255953c7966c.PNG

Here's how the current squad looks:

SQUAD.thumb.PNG.66cc8952f76243f812912abbe3c49ef9.PNG

INJURIES

Seems like we've gone down with injury numbers but the ones we have are long term...

injured.png Danny Welbeck  |  Damaged knee cartilage |  1 - 2 days

injured.png Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  |  Damaged achilles tendon |  4 months

injured.png Olivier Giroud | Damaged achilles tendon |  2 - 3 months

injured.png Nacho Monreal | Lower back stress fracture | 4 - 6 weeks

January coming... may see a transfer or two... maybe not.

Capture.thumb.PNG.d6403eaa0c58a925da5ef835c621f255.PNG

lol

5 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Great work so far, your tactics must be working very nicely to be able to sub so many youngsters in and out. 

Well done, will keep reading! 

I don't understand how it's going so well to be honest. I've done many other saves with Arsenal which have gone well, but not at this level! A new update will be posted soon.

EFL CUP WIN

efl-cup-8x6304-3145684.jpg

First silverware of the season!

Pretty mediocre match to be honest. Didn't expect that much of a performance with the starting team I put out but we still struggled.

Ospina, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Holding, Monreal, Niles, Bielik, Walcott, Özil, Jeff, Lucas

Spoiler

efl.thumb.PNG.c759bfe9987321f16bac7373bd656c69.PNG

EFL2.thumb.PNG.92be9e021d81a02dd4e5f2b8274b7379.PNG

TRANSFER NEWS (171m budget!!)

So here are the transfers that have gone through in January. 

transfer.thumb.PNG.0adbc8ab1ff3d17ba806c12a630b319b.PNG

IN:

• Josh Tymon (STATS)Paid a reasonable price for both Tymon and Sessegnon, couldn't decide between one of them so took both.
  • Ryan Sessegnon (STATS):
  • Michael Carrick (STATS)Cheap player, will tutor some of the youngsters, already working with Maitland-Niles.
  • Filippo Melegoni (STATS)Arsène worked out this signing. Looks really decent for an 18 year old. Currently being tutored by Ramsey.
  • Denis Suárez (STATS)Also one of Arsènes signings, I wasn't looking for anyone but he came up with this in deadline day and I thought might as well give it a try. Cazorla and Özil both injured at the time. He has played 2 matches, pretty bad performances... Currently being tutored by Lucas to increase his HORRIBLE determination.

OUT:

• Gabriel Paulista: I didn't want to. He wanted more money as offered by PSG. I tell him I'll give him a pay rise and he literally says he's not that kind of person or something like that. LOL. So off he goes for 48 million €. Maybe I can re-buy him for cheaper later on. 
  • Loans: Malen, Reiss, Willock and newly signed Tymon have all gone out to get regular football. Jenkinson too, I plan on keeping him next season, probably lay off Debuchy and sign a 16-17 year old.
Spoiler

transf.thumb.PNG.0a05828ed6121150ca2da7bdd65e4cb1.PNG

RESULTS

No comment... HAHAHA. Chelsea, United, City, Swansea x2.

sch.thumb.PNG.3c374e65e5f834e5f3bf61660b8cd0e1.PNG

19 points lead in the league, 30 points to play... That means 4 more wins and the league is ours... Can we make this possible??

comps.thumb.PNG.c9a4619a64fdc4d319ef405612c27dbf.PNG

INJURIES

Yay!! Only 2, 1 long term!

injured.png Ainsley Maitland-Niles  |  Bruised head |  4 - 5 days

injured.png Olivier Giroud | Damaged achilles tendon |  2 - 4 weeks

SCHEDULE - SEASON END (WITHOUT CL)

Next 4 matches are: Hull, Bournemouth, Liverpool and Middlesbrough... Wish us luck!

sche.thumb.PNG.7292234d6813251cdce81ec2d95679da.PNG

Stay tuned!

imagen12.jpg?1210251604

PREMIER LEAGUE!:hammer:

Victory! Won the 4 matches we had to win to capture the league. With 7 or 8 matches to go...

double.PNG

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

FINAL AGAINST MANCHESTER CITY

cl.thumb.PNG.a7ef54079b9ad4f65d87ccc40ff27d90.PNG

RESULTS

More amazing stuff here...  A tough match against Leverkusen and a tough away match against Tottenham.

sch.thumb.PNG.27fc8cf450a3aba73dc8a3f7c93166dc.PNG

Last but not least, CL against Real Madrid. A good home game with a great Welbeck who assisted 2. For the away game we played a 4-4-2, they had the possession and shots (24 off target 9 on target, 1 goal) but we killed them on the counter (12 off target, 8 on target, 3 goals). SO HAPPY.

MADRID.thumb.PNG.c84ed6bba4baeba33cfe98bcc4acbcf6.PNG

LEAGUE STANDINGS

This is how the league looks like with one match to go... Can we repeat history? 

LOOK AT CHELSEA. If I'm not wrong, they're going down... We'll have to sign a player or two from that squad...

comps.thumb.PNG.aa109293edd2acd17f5e1e210366e8c1.PNG

Chelsea results:

Spoiler

chels.thumb.PNG.d5bad6803a16c5d627eb3a0fa120549e.PNG

INJURIES

NONE!!

SCHEDULE - SEASON END

3 matches to end 3 competitions. League is won but a season without a loss is in the cards.

What will happen with the other two competitions?

sche.thumb.PNG.0f4a80cb8b1752975dd97be3a5c80579.PNG

Stay tuned!

32 minutes ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Fantastic start! Who will you be trying to get from Chelsea?

I'm not sure actually, maybe noone afterall... I like Matic/Kanté alot. My strikers haven't been regular at all, sometimes really good and then quiet for 3 matches, i'm not a big fan of Costa but he is a great player... 

Plus maybe I can get Paulista back, who I sold for almost 50m in January, that will only happen if they lower the price considerably. It seems like Marcos Alonso is a great player, don't know much about him. Courtois, Zouma... It's all very tempting. :lol:

I'd go for Courtois & Kante, personally. Cech only has about 1 more season in him before he starts to make a bunch of awful mistakes. And a great DM like Kante is hard to come by. Maybe Hazard if you want another attacking player? It's an interesting predicament :)

I've seen them struggle early in the season before, but they've always turned it around.

Archived