Sports Interactive Community
b28937

want to get rid of player faces

I want to use the default silhouette (i.e., none.png) to be used in place of any real-life player faces that come with the game, which I find to be distracting.  I was able to do this somehow in FM15, I think by editing the player profile panel iirc, but I haven't played since then and can't remember what I did.  I'm using the Vitrex17 v2.0 skin if that matters.  Can anybody tell me how to do this?

The silhouette image is in the skin's directory at Vitrex17 2.0/graphics/players/normal/default/male/none.png

The Easiest thing to do is to extract the contents of the graphics.fmf, then copy over the contents of the \graphics\pictures\players\normal\ subfolders (apart from the default folder) to the graphics folder in your user data location, and in each of those subfolders delete the actual player faces but leave the config files, then turn off the skin cache and reload your skin and the game should now display the shadow picture instead of the player faces. (If you want to turn off the regen faces this can be done through the preferences screen) - the game will read the contents of the config files but as it cannot find the images (as you deleted them) it will revert to the default face instead of reading the licensed faces included with the game.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I followed your instructions but they didn't work.  I checked, double checked, and triple checked to make sure I did everything correctly, but no luck.  No matter what I did, I kept getting SI's default real-life faces.  Finally I gave up.

Then it dawned on me that I'm using the Vitrex 17 2.0 skin and within the skin's directory it has its own graphics directory that contains its customized none.png silhouette pictures.  So instead of copying the players\normal\ subfolders that contained config files only into the Football Manager graphics directory as you instructed, I moved it into the Vitrex skin's graphics directory instead, emptied the cache, reloaded the skin, and it worked.  Now all the 7400+ player photos that came with the game are gone and replaced by default silhouette pictures.  Fantastic result, thank's a lot.